JacobD's Screenshot (And Save-game) Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

JacobD's Screenshot (And Save-game) Thread

Post by JacobD88 »

After DaveW's recommendation thread, i finally thought i might start one of these :mrgreen:

The plan is to follow the life of a single company from 1860 through at least 100-years till i get bored, the company has to focus on PAX and MAIL transport at all times, unless there is a cashflow problem, in which case it is permitted to branch off to nearby industries and serve them. The only exception to this is once ALL Cities/Towns/Villages have been connected, then Industrial routes can be formed around the PAX network, but must still link in, even if freight is provided with additional lines. Therefore, all routes must be connected to the same central network, there must be NO independent networks for any reason; if a route can't be joined, it cant be built; simple as that.

Forbid 90 degree turns is ON, and i am to build tracks as "realistically" as OTTD allows
I am NOT allowed to cheat, certainly for money, however build-whilst-paused is activated in the advanced options.

GRFs are in the many, but core GRFs include; UKRS2(+), FIRS (My first real game using this btw, normally i use PBI), UK Roadset, TTBRS, TAi, eGRVTS and a multitude of station sets

First Up; It's 1860, and the wealthy village of Repool has commissioned the newly formed Repool Transport to provide a short line to the nearby town of Sesberg for commuter purposes. Sherhatton-on-sea has decided to wait on a link, not seeing any immediate benefit, given that Sesberg is so near.

Deciding that the opportunity to expand may present itself, Repool Transport (RT) decides to leave a redundant track for a platform to be added at Repool, and a double track station at Sesberg for further expansion
Repool Transport, 13th Jan 1860.png
Repool - Sesberg
(274.64 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
A depot to service the line is added just outside Repool shortly after
Repool Depot
Repool Depot
Repool Transport, 28th Jan 1860_1.png (55.51 KiB) Viewed 9480 times
Within a few months of the Repool-Sesberg Line been opened, Sherhatton-on-sea decides that it too could benefit from a line to Sesberg, and Repool transport is asked to build it. Within the space of months Sherhatton is given a station
Sherhatton - Sesberg
Sherhatton - Sesberg
Repool Transport, 8th Mar 1860_1.png (151.88 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
More to come soon; I'm already some years into this game and have many, many, more shots to crop and edit. RT is currently going through a massive station refurbishment program along its network as demand has grown massively.
Last edited by JacobD88 on 18 Feb 2013 14:55, edited 3 times in total.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: JacobD's Screenshot Thread - Currently Repool Transport

Post by JacobD88 »

RT's first Double-Track commission is to provide a link to nearby Brodgrove Rivers from Sesberg. Brodgrove Rivers plans to expand it's tourist attractions, mainly based on it's ancient fishing heritage, and requests that suitable consideration for an increase in traffic volume is taken into account. RT obliges by building a two track station and leaving an additional redundant siding for an additional platform to be built later on, it also builds a small depot on the east of the town for prompt service and emergency replacement of stock. The tourists must flow...
Repool Transport, 22nd Aug 1860_1.png
Sesberg-Brodgrove Rivers
(256.81 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Next up, the Double-Track is expanded to Strathway, another lake-side community wanting to leach tourists from Brodgrove Rivers. In the interest of neutrality between the two towns, RT obliges and provides a line, much to the protest of Brodgrove Rivers.

After some financial incentives from local councillors, RT is persuaded to provide a means of expanding it's network to Plendale in the east over the next few years. Strathway wants to become a hub for future passenger travel. RT provides track for a future 8-platform, 4-track station, but stops short of building it when Strathway residents hear of the project; that will pass through nearby woodland and protest. The construction of the line to Plendale is halted for some time to come, and the large works built to the east of the town to accommodate the traffic between the two towns lie, newly built, but in disuse.
Repool Transport, 8th Sep 1860_1.png
Brodgrove Rivers-Strathway
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
After the construction of the line to Plendale from Strathway is halted, RT is forced to look back on it's existing structure, and focus on providing the best possible service between the five towns it now joins. Noticing that Sesberg is attracting a lot of passengers from Strathway, RT gains permission to increase the station capacity to 4-tracks
Sesberg
Sesberg
Repool Transport, 25th Sep 1860_1.png (169.2 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Last edited by JacobD88 on 08 Jul 2011 20:36, edited 2 times in total.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Shortly after the expansion of the Station at Sesberg, RT decides to remove the buffers between platforms 5 & 6 to allow the train from Sherhatton-on-sea to use the platforms if platforms 1 through 4 are occupied by other trains... Sesberg also demands that the station facilities are also improved, complaining of no shelters for bad weather, no bridges to the new platforms and no ticket office. RT denies any problem and refuses to upgrade the station facilities; afterall, RT is currently the only transport company operating in the area, if people want to get around quickly, they have to use RT's services; as to ticket sales, officers check everyone on the train, so why spend money on a ticket office and additional staff? As to the bridges? Well, the passengers can just walk over the tracks and up the ends of the platform can't they?
Sesberg
Sesberg
Repool Transport, 23rd Oct 1860_1.png (56.25 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Some time later, and after promising residents of Strathway that the route to Plendale will bring new work in the form of a huge Railway Depot to service the network as well as filling the coffers of a local MP, The route to Plendale is constructed rapidly, destroying large chunks of woodland west of Strathway.
Repool Transport, 5th May 1861_MOD1.png
Strathway - Plendale
(834.43 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
A two-track station is constructed at Plendale, much to the residents dismay, after RT runs out of money and the local authorities refuse to permit the construction of a larger station as originally planned. Instead, for the next few years, RT is once again forced to concentrate on it's network, and rapidly expands the Strathway works as promised to the residents some-time earlier. It's sidings will remain empty for some-time however; recession hits the nation and the works lies, once more, empty, bar for the few passenger trains that use it for servicing.

Locals begin to listen to rumours that the Strathway projects are doomed, and RT's rating in the town plummets

Due to a lack of money to add a turntable at the works, RT opts for a turn-loop and this is constructed to the southern most section of the works within a few months. Road links are also provided in the hope that it will draw other industry to the area.
Repool Transport, 26th Nov 1861_MOD1.png
Strathway Works
(419.08 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Despite shortage of funds, and hoping for a new route to Malberg, in the North-West, from Plendale to be approved by the government, RT pre-empts the proposals passing, and begins to construct a junction to the east of Plendale
Repool Transport, 29th Jan 1862_MOD1.png
Strathway - (Malberg)
(261.84 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

I like those.
Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle.
____
Visit my screenshot thread

thanks to Supercheese for help with the GIF.cheers.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Many thanks, there'll be plenty more to come :mrgreen:

I'm just entering busy time of year for school/dance/gym photography so having a little delay on getting OTTD shots together atm
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

A few more;

Despite not having the money to purchase locomotives for any future routes, RT decides to not just stop with the junction east of Plendale and rapidly builds the new mainline to Malberg, diverting west to Exstoke en-route, where a double-track station is built. The navvies then carry on North Easterly to Malberg...

Exstokes initial objections to been connected to the outside world are turned when RT plants new trees and supplies new roads to the small settlement
Plendale-Exstoke-Malberg - Exstoke Station
Plendale-Exstoke-Malberg - Exstoke Station
Repool Transport, 11th Jan 1863_MOD1.png (108.11 KiB) Viewed 8902 times
Finally, RT reaches Malberg and, seemingly becoming a tradition; builds yet another two track station with room for expansion to four tracks later. Rumours begin to spread that RT is stretching its cash and resources too-thin, there is talk that it may have to permit other companies to use its track to provide the services it lacks the money to provide... It may be expanding quickly, but it lacks locomotives and stock...
Plendale-Exstoke-Malberg - Malberg Station
Plendale-Exstoke-Malberg - Malberg Station
Repool Transport, 11th Jan 1863_MOD_1.png (159.99 KiB) Viewed 8902 times
RT has linked three new towns together; Plendale, Exstoke and Malberg, it has however failed so far to secure trains for its planned services and once again; the routes lie unused...
Repool Transport, 19th Sep 1862_MOD 1.png
Plendale-Exstoke-Malberg
(928.96 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The governments attention is drawn to RT's massive expansion and lack of service and acts are promptly passed that ban RT from expanding any further until service is improved and the existing infrastructure is bought up to standard...

EXPECTING PASSENGERS TO WALK ACROSS TRACKS TO CHANGE PLATFORMS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE...

It is some time since i last played this game, having played with Chill's Patchpack in other games for some time now; there are many more shots taken from this game that i will post before i revisit this map and continue the game afresh; i'm going to focus on improving the stations and services already built. This is a screenshot thread and i need to provide more interesting infastructure than simply basic rural stations...
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Having been forced to stop expansion RT begins to improve its services, starting at home, the lines between Repool, Sesberg and Sherhattan-on-Sea are double-tracked... The Fourth Track at Sesberg, originally only accessible to Strathway traffic is opened to Repool and Sherhattan-on-Sea... As well as a host of improvements to the West entrance to the station (Not shown here)...
Repool, Sesberg and Sherhattan-on-Sea
Repool, Sesberg and Sherhattan-on-Sea
Repool Transport Ltd., 20th Jan 1865_MOD 1.png (107.36 KiB) Viewed 8890 times
A bridge to Strathway Works is added East of Plendale to serve locomotives that will use the Plendale to Malberg Mainline without interfering with the Plendale<--->Strathway traffic
Strathway Works Bridge
Strathway Works Bridge
Repool Transport, 27th Sep 1862_MOD1.png (32.2 KiB) Viewed 8890 times
The Station at Brodgrove Rivers is given three tracks and 6 platforms, complete with a new station house, shelters and a bridge between the platforms. Residents rejoice as an additional daily train service is added between Brodgrove Rivers and Sesberg!
Repool Transport Ltd., 6th Mar 1865_MOD 1.png
Repool Transport Ltd., 6th Mar 1865_MOD 1.png (66.03 KiB) Viewed 8890 times
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

I like the look of these screenshot, but there seems to be too much track and not enough train. still nice, nonetheless.
____

JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

davidx123 wrote:...there seems to be too much track and not enough train. still nice, nonetheless...
Yep this is something i aim to work on when i return to the game; unfortunately i set the game up rather poorly and track is stupidly cheap whilst inflation, over just a few years, means that buying the most basic of engines costs a great deal, getting them into profit is even harder. In future games i took Pikka's advice and disabled inflation... Im also only using UKRS2 and UKRS2+ in my other games as adding extra sets (like in this game) seems to worsen the problem with hiked costs...

Whilst there are still another 20-or so shots to post when i have chance to crop, it wont be till after these i rejoin the game and set about improving things; unless i get the time to "go back" and re-do some of the shots to include more from the start...

On the up-side, continued money problems means that it's been an interesting game to play so far, i dread to think what trains are going to cost over the next few years when im only in 1870~ and it costs me >£30k a year to run a 2-2-2 Lady :mrgreen:
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

I never played WITH!!!!! Inflation. because when Clearing a piece of land costs more than a sky scraper,something is wrong.
____

JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Hi all,

A Long Time and nothing new; i've been playing a LOOONNG game from 1850 to 2050 under the name "Woolston Transport".

The Objective of this game was to connect all towns/cities on the map by 2050 from a single point at "Woolston Park"; proceeding to build a separate freight network on top of the passenger network if i got bored (Again from a single point)... As usual for my games there were NO 90 degree curves permitted; and things were attempted "realistically" not "efficiently"... I also tried to avoid the "Nasty X's" wherever possible...

Here's a snapshot of Potters Bar between 1957 and 1959; Potters Bar has been a nightmare throughout the game to get things through; mainly because the passenger network and freight network have to pass through a narrow 4-tile gap (and originally over a river next to the station) whilst also branching in four directions, and housing a Coal Mine, Iron Ore Mine, Clay Pit and Iron Works...

1) Potters Bar is busy for coal and passenger transport; currently the passenger network has to cross over a bridge adjacent the station, and the freight network passes under a long tunnel up to Potters Bar East Coal Mine
Woolston Transport Co., 13th Jul 1957.png
July 1957
(388.73 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
2)The river is piped under the tracks; the bridges and tunnel are removed/filled
Woolston Transport Co., 5th Nov 1959.png
November 1959
(409.73 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
3)The remaining freight tunnel is removed and replaced with a bridge over the passenger network
Woolston Transport Co., 6th Dec 1959.png
December 1959
(411.57 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
More to come, and the save-game shortly :mrgreen:
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

End Game Shots:

1) Shieldmuir & Doleham; growing from tiny beginnings; these twin cities were amongst the first added to the network; both were important in the provision of fruit for a nearby brewery South-East of Doleham.
Sheildmuir in particular has had to grow into and around plantations used for hops... In the 2030-50's Sheildmuir was also largely bulldozed to permit construction of a High-Speed Passenger route through to Norwich... Nonethless the city has rapidly rebuilt and both the passenger, freight and HS network now service it...
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Jan 2051#15.png
Shieldmuir & Doleham
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
2) Dawlish Freight Depot was where the freight network originated; it has several quarries and a textile mill and two lime-kilns within immediate vicinity. The sidings are functional and serve to allow waiting and maintenance spots for servicing the many freight trains that pass through. The screenshot was taken, as with Potters Bar, during a quiet, reconstruction, period... There were times when things were so jammed they couldn't move here...
Dalmuir to the north shows some pulled freight track from when the line was rerouted along with the Dalmuir River...
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Jan 2051#14.png
Dawlish Freight Depot
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
3) Thetford Lime Kiln; lies West of Potters Bar and, in part, is serviced by one of Potters Bar's Coal Mines, it forms the basis of the Farm Supplies and Chemicals Network in the area and like Potters Bar itself has gone through many redesigns due to it's congestion and space problems...
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Jan 2051#13.png
Thetford Lime Kiln
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Potters Bar; a lot has changed since 1959; most efficiency problems were eventually eradicated. There is a former Rail Depot to the South East that used to house one of every train ever designed for preservation purposes; but the entirety of the rolling stock was sold off to fund the High-Speed Network in the 2030's...
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Jan 2051#12.png
Potters Bar End-Game
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Woolston Park; where it all began with a population of ~1000 it has grown rapidly to 35,000 before it became strangled by the rail networks serving it in the 1950's; little has it grown since...
It has 4 Passenger Stations; two standard track, one 3rd rail, and one High Speed built near the airport, this station is served, but not completed to it's full specification; one line leading into the station was never completed due to a recession in the 2030's. Like Shieldmuir; Woolston has encompassed the freight which it was built on; forestry and only two managed forests remain within city limits serving a sawmill to the North-East. Haverford to the South-East of the city also houses a Passenger Depot...
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Jan 2051#11.png
Woolston Park End-Game
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Moorside Town Harbour; one of the last parts of the freight network constructed; their are a lot of lines crossing here; but the network runs surprisingly well. Note most of the minor cargo runs have now moved over to road transport...
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Jan 2051#10.png
Moorside Town Harbour
(2.46 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Finally:

Not all of the map was covered in rail; the western reaches still utilise single tracks and passing loops, as well as old DMU traffic 100-years-old!
100+ Years of DMU
100+ Years of DMU
Woolston Transport Co., 1st Feb 2051_MOD1.png (73.9 KiB) Viewed 7617 times
And, as a first for me; here's a final save-game to play with; feel free to load as a scenario, start as a new company and compete :mrgreen:
Woolston Transport Co. (FIRS UKRS2+).sav
Woolston Transport
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
There's several tracks started that lead to nowhere, and the freight network in particular is barely touching the scope of industries available across the map...
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: JacobD's Screenshot (And Save-game) Thread

Post by DarkUk »

Really like seeing other peoples networks, great work dude!!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very beautiful screenshots from the game. Enjoyed watching them :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Many thanks for the positive comments :))

I'm now working on another game; this time I'm following only subsidies, and will play until the game can generate no more combinations on a 1024x512 map.
I want to see if it's possible to create a separate freight and passenger network, all linking up, across the entire map; whilst starting from the scattered subsidy branches and lines.

I have no idea what monster of a network this will create :twisted:

For now, the passenger stations are simply platforms; but as the network and cash-flow improves (I'm struggling along with a £500,000 loan at the moment) I'll start making them pretty

Starting in 1840, and currently in 1853, here's a few screenshots :)

The Hills around Ellesmere are home to many fruit farms providing both Hop and Grape to the Rugby Breweries and Wineries. Lines cross all over the area in a maze of metal and wood; following the contours of the hills and burrowing into them. It's probably my favourite place in this game so far and i plan to start adding industrial tiles and objects when money permits :mrgreen:
Parker & Co., 3rd Dec 1853.png
Ellesmere Fruits
(452.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The Towns of Narborough, Dean, Town Green & Fenny Stratford were amongst the first to experiment with Passenger & Mail transportation by rail and they are rapidly expanding around their own small network of lines
Parker & Co., 3rd Dec 1853#1.png
Narborough, Dean, Town Green & Fenny Stratford
(533.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Parkeston, Stonegate Town & Selling on seeing the micro-network devised by the Narborough conglomerate decided they would invest in their own, however with their plans for seaside tourism they are building a far larger capacity infrastructure in preparation for the hoards of tourists and rapid expansion to come. Selling already houses two hotels connected via both horse-drawn tram and rail
Parker & Co., 3rd Dec 1853#2.png
Parkeston, Stonegate Town & Selling
(471.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

JacobD88 wrote:The Hills around Ellesmere are home to many fruit farms providing both Hop and Grape to the Rugby Breweries and Wineries. Lines cross all over the area in a maze of metal and wood; following the contours of the hills and burrowing into them. It's probably my favourite place in this game so far and i plan to start adding industrial tiles and objects when money permits :mrgreen:
I have to agree Jacob. That's really quite beautiful!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I quite enjoy these.

Return to “Screenshots”