32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by Lord Aro »

Thanks jupix, am nearing completion now :D

One more: What should i do about CryingCorvus' blend files? He's got the base of the vehicle, and the back of several...
I am probably incapable of spliting them myself... :lol:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Lord Aro wrote:some of the truck's mask sprites (according to windows) have a pink background, instead of white, like most of them
i suspect this may be a palette problem, but i don't currently have the facilities to fix it
how do i fix it, if possible/necessary?
You don't need to, although it looks funny. For 32bpp recolouring, from the mask file, only the index is used, not the actual colour from the palette. The index is the sequence number in the palette, so e.g. you need to draw the CC with colours around index 200, i.e. the 200th colour in the palette.
Vaulter
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vaulter »

Guys! What a cool stuff! I love it! :bow:
Here is nice patchpack with 32 full zoom support

But. I installed all things like:
cadaver_houses.tar
northstar2_houses_1.tar
Buildings-City-Temprate.tar
32bpp_fullzoom_city_buildings(2).tar

and still have such picture:

Some advices where to get stadium?
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

The 32bit graphics project is not complete yet. I don't believe the stadium has been done.
The official pack of graphics is here: http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-nightlies

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
boen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by boen »

Vaulter wrote:Guys! What a cool stuff! I love it! :bow:
Here is nice patchpack with 32 full zoom support
joy to my eyes :D
ThoPf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ThoPf »

Vaulter wrote: Image
I wonder if it´s possible to get rid of these 8bpp buildings (the small and the big one in the above image which seem to be older cities buildings) by finding out their sprites numbers and renaming an already existing, similar sprite set to these numbers?

And if that is possible, does anybody know the sprites numbers of these buildings?

Regards

Thomas
cosminocu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cosminocu »

can anyone make construction stages for these buildings ?
Attachments
Kenningstone Transport, 29 Aug 2050.png
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
joostlek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by joostlek »

I've got a bug from the foster mkll superbus or whatever. look at de download the buss will be blue at those position.
Naamloos.png
here look at the arrow
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

ok, thats a bug :)
where did you download the buses from?

Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

They're from GRVTS set, which is compatible with 32bpp.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

joostlek wrote:I've got a bug from the foster mkll superbus or whatever. look at de download the buss will be blue at those position.
Naamloos.png
The problem is at the CC mask.

I can try to fix it, and finish the TAR files.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Probably a good idea to inform Zephyris when/if you do :)

Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Just post the updated version if/when you make it or PM me so I can update the first post in the thread.
Quince99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quince99 »

Having read through pages and pages of information about 32bpp graphics I have reluctantly conceded defeat in that, despite spending time and effort downloading and re-downloading files, nothing actually works.

My PC is hugely capable in terms of hardware and I have a great many TAR or GRF data files that are 32bpp. There is so much detailed and, in some cases, contradictory information that it has not proven possible to achieve the images shown in some of the excellent screenshots.

As a result, I shall wait until (if) the project is completed and EVERYTHING can be packaged into one archive that is consistent and in a position to run immediately once unzipped without hours of tweaking, fiddling or reconfiguring.

The quality of the 32bpp graphics in the screenshots is superb and I congratulate the talented designers and artists who have brought so much to realisation already. Naturally, I am disappointed that I cannot experience it at firsthand...
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

I too have always liked the graphics but have never worked out how to get them to work, despite numerous attempts at help/tutorials. So I would like some easier method in the future, when all things can be found in 32 bpp, of using the graphics.
Hmm, what should I put here...
Bart Honing
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bart Honing »

Quince99 wrote:Having read through pages and pages of information about 32bpp graphics I have reluctantly conceded defeat in that, despite spending time and effort downloading and re-downloading files, nothing actually works.

My PC is hugely capable in terms of hardware and I have a great many TAR or GRF data files that are 32bpp. There is so much detailed and, in some cases, contradictory information that it has not proven possible to achieve the images shown in some of the excellent screenshots.

As a result, I shall wait until (if) the project is completed and EVERYTHING can be packaged into one archive that is consistent and in a position to run immediately once unzipped without hours of tweaking, fiddling or reconfiguring.

The quality of the 32bpp graphics in the screenshots is superb and I congratulate the talented designers and artists who have brought so much to realisation already. Naturally, I am disappointed that I cannot experience it at firsthand...
mrMann wrote:I too have always liked the graphics but have never worked out how to get them to work, despite numerous attempts at help/tutorials. So I would like some easier method in the future, when all things can be found in 32 bpp, of using the graphics.
I have spend some hours installing it on my first pc, AND some hours trying to repeat it on a second (old) pc...

This link gave me all the hints needed, but I had to read through all the readme's etc. to get it working..
http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoo ... stallation

So, this is how its done:
First, create a new game folder. Then, download everything into that folder.

That is:

1) binaries of the 32bppversion of the game:
Take a look at
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ez/LATEST/?C=S;O=D
Depending on your operating system, download the correct file:
Unzip them in the new game folder. Leave the original openttd-folder untouched.

Windows:
64 bit systems: windows-win64.zip
32 bit systems: windows-win32.zip
W95 systems:windows-win9x.zip

Linux:
64bit systems (AMD64): linux-generic-amd64.tar.gz
32bit systems: linux-generic-i686.tar.gz

2a) http://binaries.openttd.org/extra/openg ... .5-all.zip
-Unzip it into the new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now a folder named 'opengfx-0.3.5'

2b) http://binaries.openttd.org/extra/opens ... .3-all.zip
-Unzip it into the new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now a folder named 'opensfx-0.2.3'

3) Go to http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-nightlies/ look for 'current version' and click the jupix.info (backup) mirror
-Place the tar file into your new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now tarfile named like 32bit-gfx-nightly-megapack-2011-06-15.tar

4) Pick the latest 32bpp_extra zip file from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ex ... es/LATEST/
-Unzip the tar file into your new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now tarfile named 32bpp_extra-nightly.tar

Now you can play openttd32bppversion! Just start the 'openttd' in the new game folder.

In game main menu select 'NewGRF Settings', and add 32bpp Extra New GRF nightly graphics!

Enjoy!
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

since i couldn't be bothered to write out your post on the wiki, i just linked to it :)

Quince99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quince99 »

Bart Honing wrote:
Quince99 wrote:Having read through pages and pages of information about 32bpp graphics I have reluctantly conceded defeat in that, despite spending time and effort downloading and re-downloading files, nothing actually works.

mrMann wrote:I too have always liked the graphics but have never worked out how to get them to work, despite numerous attempts at help/tutorials. So I would like some easier method in the future, when all things can be found in 32 bpp, of using the graphics.
I have spend some hours installing it on my first pc, AND some hours trying to repeat it on a second (old) pc...

This link gave me all the hints needed, but I had to read through all the readme's etc. to get it working..

So, this is how its done:
First, create a new game folder. Then, download everything into that folder.

That is:

1) binaries of the 32bppversion of the game:
Take a look at
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ez/LATEST/?C=S;O=D
Depending on your operating system, download the correct file:
Unzip them in the new game folder. Leave the original openttd-folder untouched.

Windows:
64 bit systems: windows-win64.zip
32 bit systems: windows-win32.zip
W95 systems:windows-win9x.zip

Linux:
64bit systems (AMD64): linux-generic-amd64.tar.gz
32bit systems: linux-generic-i686.tar.gz

2a) http://binaries.openttd.org/extra/openg ... .5-all.zip
-Unzip it into the new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now a folder named 'opengfx-0.3.5'

2b) http://binaries.openttd.org/extra/opens ... .3-all.zip
-Unzip it into the new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now a folder named 'opensfx-0.2.3'

3) Go to http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-nightlies/ look for 'current version' and click the jupix.info (backup) mirror
-Place the tar file into your new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now tarfile named like 32bit-gfx-nightly-megapack-2011-06-15.tar

4) Pick the latest 32bpp_extra zip file from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ex ... es/LATEST/
-Unzip the tar file into your new game /data folder. Check to see that in the new game /data folder there is now tarfile named 32bpp_extra-nightly.tar

Now you can play openttd32bppversion! Just start the 'openttd' in the new game folder.

In game main menu select 'NewGRF Settings', and add 32bpp Extra New GRF nightly graphics!

Enjoy!
This is HUGELY helpful - thank you so much for taking the time to lay this out in one place with all the right links! :D

I've unzipped and arranged the files and - hallelujah! - I have 32bpp graphics!!!

I'm now downloading additional graphics (which may or may not work, I suppose) to supplement these. Am still working with older trainsets (UKRS, BR Set etc.) as there only seem to be a few locomotives in 32bpp at present and does anyone else think they look "square" or foreshortened in perspective?

Once again, many thanks!
nichopol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nichopol »

I am having graphic problems with placing tram tracks.
The problem occurs when the track makes a corner.
The whole tile becomes a water tile or something similar.

I have attached a picture of the problem.
Attachments
Nytt punktgrafikkbilde.jpg
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

I cannot reproduce your bug. Are you sure you have 32bpp-extra .grf loaded correctly?

Return to “Graphics Development”