Buildings..

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

b9y
Engineer
Engineer

Buildings..

Post by b9y »

Does anyone know if there's any modifications for buildings? to make them look a bit more modern, maybe skyscrapers etc, and how would I go about making them possibly?

Also, does anyone know where I can find station modifications? Many thanks guys.
Zapp3d
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Buildings..

Post by Zapp3d »

Not sure about the buildings, although there are a few differnent ones in the Provo Utah Pack.

I remember a station pack I got recently, that had some fairly large stations, let me see if I can find it.

BTW, welcome to the Forums :)

(edit) Found it : http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... it=station
b9y
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b9y »

Very kind of you! thank you mate :)

And yes, A nice welcome! Thought it was about time to get my geek on and enjoy a bit of locomotion again! Love that game. Just REALLY want to learn how to develop stuff, would love an open source version, imagine combing it with RCT 2!
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

b9y wrote:Very kind of you! thank you mate :)

And yes, A nice welcome! Thought it was about time to get my geek on and enjoy a bit of locomotion again! Love that game. Just REALLY want to learn how to develop stuff, would love an open source version, imagine combing it with RCT 2!

Forget open source, that requires the co operation of whoever now owns the publishing rights to the game and since CS has kept very silent over Locomotion anyway ( it has been alledged there were differences of opinion between the publisher and the creator ), the chances are slim of the game's code being released into the public domain

If this above statement is incorrect, Can I be informed to edit/remove it?

As for skyscrapers
http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/wbb/i ... tem&id=332
b9y
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b9y »

You may if you wish!

and thanks! Never seen them before (I guess my searching skills are rubbish)

I can't add the platforms, I'm too stupid with all this .dat .xml stuff, fail on my boat!
b9y
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b9y »

Ahh man, they won't work, says object not found. And I can't for the life of me figure out this locotool thing to add the stations, it's literally nonsensical to me, any help? XD
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

b9y wrote:Ahh man, they won't work, says object not found. And I can't for the life of me figure out this locotool thing to add the stations, it's literally nonsensical to me, any help? XD

Follow the instructions as laid down by SabastienH and other creators and you will be ok, when you are dealing with the bauplatz packs DO follow the instructions explictly!

Back up your objdat folder first

The trackst .dat file in the packs will over write the original file, locotool is not required to add .dat files into a game, it's for modifying a .dat file via an .xml file that is created using locotool. The .xml file is edited using notepad or an .xml editing programme.

The .dat files are placed in game play using the scenario editor at THE START of the game, or via the saved game editor program.
b9y
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b9y »

Yea they just didn't show up, not to worry! I added them to the correct folders, the building and the station ones. just they don't want to appear on the scenario editor!
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

b9y wrote:Yea they just didn't show up, not to worry! I added them to the correct folders, the building and the station ones. just they don't want to appear on the scenario editor!
You have put them straight in the ObjData folder and not any sub folders within that?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Well...talking about modifications. This is all done with the use of Locotool. Just find the right Cargo ID here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34521, and change whatever you want by changing these lines in the XML.file. The XML.file is created if you place the DAT.file of the industry in the Locotool.

This is an example of the Recycle Center that I have changed. Find these lines in the XML.file:
<useobject desc="produces[0]" class="8">GOODS </useobject>
<useobject desc="produces[1]" class="8">FORAGE </useobject>
<useobject desc="accepts[0]" class="8">WASTE </useobject>
<useobject desc="accepts[1]" class="8">WDCHPS </useobject>
<useobject desc="accepts[2]" class="8">SCRAP </useobject>

Before I changed it, it could only accept waste...

I have made a whole lot of modifications. Here's a small list...of things that I have changed only by editing (I did not made any graphics for these industries, people who did that are mentioned. I only changed the XML.files):

Farm (Done by Digidampfman)
Produces: Livestock and Grain
Requires: Forage

Slaugterhause (Part done by Digidampfman, part done by me)
Produces: Forage and Food
Requires: Livestock

Brewery (Part done by Digidampfman, Part done by me)
Produces: Beer and Food
Requires: Grain and Grapes

Recycle Center (Part done by Lochris, part done by me)
Produces: Goods and Forage
Requires: Waste, Scrap and Woodchips

Scrapyard (Part done by Plastikman, Part done by me)
Produces: Goods and Steel
Requires: Scrapmetal and Waste

Chemical Factory USSC (Part done by Plastikman, Part done by me)
Produces: Plastic Pellets and Waste
Requires: Oil and Chemicals

Factory USSC (Part done by Plastikman, Part done by me)
Produces: Goods and Waste
Requires: Steel, Plastic and Chemicals

Autoparts Factory (Part done by Plastikman, part done by me)
Produces: Autoparts and Scrapmetal
Requires: Plastik Pellets, Lumber and Steel

Automobiles Factory (Done by Plastikman)
Produces: Automobiles and Scrapmetal
Requires: Autoparts and Steel

Sawmill (Done by Plastikman)
Produces: Goods and Woodchips
Requires: Lumber/Timber

Steelworks (Part done by Larry, part done by me)
Produces: Steel and Waste
Requires: Iron Ore

Refinery (Can't remeber who made it)
Produces: Fuel and Chemicals
Requires: Oil

A whole bunch of city-buildings have also been altered by myself to make them accept Fuel, Waste, Beer, Foods and Goods. I also have changed a lot of vehicle XML.files to make them transport Beer, Forage, Fuel, Foods, Scrapmetal and Waste.

These industries are unaltered. There still like they are in the standard game and I'm still working on those to make them produce and accept other cargo's as well...

Iron Ore Mine
Produces: iron Ore

Oilwell
Produces: Oil

Vineyard
Produces: Grapes

Forest
Produces: Lumber/Timber

Iron Ore Mine
Produces: Iron Ore

Here's a total overview of all the industries:
Industry Overview.PNG
(175.37 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
I still have a lot of work to do. But for now it's possible to transport the following 21 different cargo's in one game with 16 industries in use:

Automobiles
Autoparts
Beer
Chemicals
Forage
Foods
Fuel
Goods
Grain
Grapes
Iron Ore
Livestock
Lumber
Mail
Oil
Passengers
Plastic/Plastic Pellets
Scrapmetal
Steel
Waste
Woodchips

This isn't to diffecult to accomplish, but I want to show what you can do with a little editing...

Good Luck on that !
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 11 Jul 2011 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Trains are worthless without coal :P
good work man, keep it up :mrgreen:
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Yeah I know that they are worthless without coal. But those are the industries that I wan't to use most in my games. Since I can only use 16 industries I have to ditch some of them...That's why I don't use coal to produce the steel in the steelmill.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Well...talking about modifications. This is all done with the use of Locotool. Just find the right Cargo ID here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34521, and change whatever you want by changing these lines in the XML.file. The XML.file is created if you place the DAT.file of the industry in the Locotool.

This is an example of the Recycle Center that I have changed. Find these lines in the XML.file:
<useobject desc="produces[0]" class="8">GOODS </useobject>
<useobject desc="produces[1]" class="8">FORAGE </useobject>
<useobject desc="accepts[0]" class="8">WASTE </useobject>
<useobject desc="accepts[1]" class="8">WDCHPS </useobject>
<useobject desc="accepts[2]" class="8">SCRAP </useobject>

Before I changed it, it could only accept waste...

I have made a whole lot of modifications. Here's a small list...of things that I have changed only by editing (I did not made any graphics for these industries, people who did that are mentioned. I only changed the XML.files):

Farm (Done by Digidampfman)
Produces: Livestock and Grain
Requires: Forage

Slaugterhause (Part done by Digidampfman, part done by me)
Produces: Forage and Food
Requires: Livestock

Brewery (Part done by Digidampfman, Part done by me)
Produces: Beer and Food
Requires: Grain and Grapes

Recycle Center (Part done by Lochris, part done by me)
Produces: Goods and Forage
Requires: Waste, Scrap and Woodchips

Scrapyard (Part done by Plastikman, Part done by me)
Produces: Goods and Steel
Requires: Scrapmetal and Waste

Chemical Factory USSC (Part done by Plastikman, Part done by me)
Produces: Plastic Pellets and Waste
Requires: Oil and Chemicals

Factory USSC (Part done by Plastikman, Part done by me)
Produces: Goods and Waste
Requires: Steel, Plastic and Chemicals

Autoparts Factory (Part done by Plastikman, part done by me)
Produces: Autoparts and Scrapmetal
Requires: Plastik Pellets, Lumber and Steel

Automobiles Factory (Done by Plastikman)
Produces: Automobiles and Scrapmetal
Requires: Autoparts and Steel

Sawmill (Done by Plastikman)
Produces: Goods and Woodchips
Requires: Lumber/Timber

Steelworks (Part done by Larry, part done by me)
Produces: Steel and Waste
Requires: Iron Ore

Refinery (Can't remeber who made it)
Produces: Fuel and Chemicals
Requires: Oil

A whole bunch of city-buildings have also been altered by myself to make them accept Fuel, Waste, Beer, Foods and Goods. I also have changed a lot of vehicle XML.files to make them transport Beer, Forage, Fuel, Foods, Scrapmetal and Waste.

These industries are unaltered. There still like they are in the standard game and I'm still working on those to make them produce and accept other cargo's as well...

Iron Ore Mine
Produces: iron Ore

Oilwell
Produces: Oil

Vineyard
Produces: Grapes

Forest
Produces: Lumber/Timber

Iron Ore Mine
Produces: Iron Ore

Here's a total overview of all the industries:
Industry Overview.PNG
I still have a lot of work to do. But for now it's possible to transport the following 21 different cargo's in one game with 16 industries in use:

Automobiles
Autoparts
Beer
Chemicals
Forage
Foods
Fuel
Goods
Grain
Grapes
Iron Ore
Livestock
Lumber
Mail
Oil
Passengers
Plastic/Plastic Pellets
Scrapmetal
Steel
Waste
Woodchips

This isn't to diffecult to accomplish, but I want to show what you can do with a little editing...

Good Luck on that !
Thanks for the add in terms of information but the guy was asking the mods he has added don't show in his scenario editor, not a shameless plug for your work
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Sorry that I stepped on your foot, I only wanted to show the guy what the possibilities are from editing the XML files and it might be usefull for him !
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Sorry that I stepped on your foot, I only wanted to show the guy what the possibilities are from editing the XML files and it might be usefull for him !
XML editing is great Darth when you actually know how to disassemble the dat using locotool and thus can edit the resulting xml file.

When someone is trying to figure out why the mods they have downloaded and added to an Objdata folder don't show, locotool is about as much use as a bucket with a hole in it when you are fighting a bushfire.

It comes back to basic steps something we take for granted, but which someone new to downloading can easily overlook.

No knock on you, the editing you have done actually over rides one of the greatest moans about Locomotion in that the 16 industry limit can be broken without being limited to one or two particular production cycle's.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxsss for that, but of course you need Locotool when you want to make something (a new station, or something else) appear in locomotion. I'm trying to learn new things as well at the moment, like editing new buildings but I got stuck.

I know your not offending...so no hard feelings :wink: :lol:
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

just a friendly tip, put code in the code tags, like

Code: Select all

this
It is easier to read :P
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

buckethead
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by buckethead »

By clicking Code.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”