[OTTD] JGR's Screenshots Mark II

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] JGR's Screenshots Mark II

Post by Ameecher »

Woah there, signals in tunnel entrances?

Perhaps I need to be keeping an eye on OTTD updates?
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

I think it's some king of patch, at least the previous game was made with Chhill's patchpack 8...

JGR: nice screens, but can I ask for how many game years do You need to build this? :shock:
And I especially like that someone is using my set :) If you want, You can get company coloured buses automatically by setting the first parameter to 1.
Edit: could we get a legend to the network map?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

I'm using Chill's Patchpack v11.3.

As for game years, the map is twice as large as the last one, and I fiddled the game year to something 2010ish at the beginning. Under 50 years is nothing really, spent 20 times that on my TTDP game, that said I do use build whilst paused liberally.

I didn't realise that the Ikarus set was yours, Colossal. 'Tis a nice set ^^
As for colours, honestly I've left just about every colour setting on default.

The network map legend is the same as the previous one, broadly speaking. Though the map itself needs more work. I'll likely add a legend to it when it's near completion.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

More shots approaching...

Screen 5:
A quiet town on line R11, with a dock and a bus service to the neighbouring towns...

Screen 6:
One of the more busy stations on the network, this (recently redone) station serves lines: R7, R9, R13 and E4 which pass through, and lines R2 and R6 which terminate there.

Screen 7:
This rather minor town is the terminus for the local line up the north-east coast of the map, L9, which uses DMUs.
The mainline runs the standard 2200 EMU stock, lines R1, and E1 (which does not call at the station).
Attachments
Screen 5
Screen 5
Grey Wolf Transport, 2029-04-26#2.png (181.43 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Screen 6
Screen 6
Grey Wolf Transport, 2029-04-22.png (229.67 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Screen 7
Screen 7
Grey Wolf Transport, 2029-05-04.png (224.16 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Screen 8:
Slunningpool is one of the busiest stations around, and is in many ways the centre of the whole network.
It's served by 84 trains on 6 routes.
The section westward to Fretfield is the only 4-tracked line on the entire map, and the junction particularly on that west side has been revised several times.

Screen 9:
This is one of the towns on that line. Express routes E1 and E3 bypass the town, whereas route R3 stops at all stations. Line R15 runs past at right angles.

Screen 10:
Fretfield is a major terminal and transfer point. About 77 trains call there, on 5 routes.
Attachments
Screen 8
Screen 8
Grey Wolf Transport, 2029-04-17#1.png (188.67 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Screen 9
Screen 9
Grey Wolf Transport, 2029-04-27.png (241.63 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Screen 10
Screen 10
Grey Wolf Transport, 2029-04-26.png (238.17 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

It's been a little while since I last posted, so here's a few more.

Screen 11:
A wee little village sits on a coastal road and bus-route.

Screen 12:
Foxton Moor sits on a minor junction. Routes R1 and L8 pass through, route L7 terminates there and route E1 runs through without stopping.

Screen 13:
Here's Slonningstone and some of the surrounding towns. Routes R21A, R13 and E3 are in the picture.
Sloningstone is a somewhat interesting being situated on a slope with lines on two levels.
Attachments
Grey Wolf Transport, 2033-04-11.png
Screen 11
(231.78 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Grey Wolf Transport, 2041-06-14.png
Screen 12
(315.98 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Grey Wolf Transport, 2041-06-15.png
Screen 13
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

And some more...

Screen 14:
A new branch of route R9 from Trunfingfield northwards was built, as the original line beyond Trunfingfield was under-capacity. The new branch heads to the town of Windborough, which has been growing significantly in recent years.
Another two platforms were added on to the rather plain station there.

Screen 15:
Originally a cross-over station, two new platforms and connecting track have been added at Gonham too, such that trains to/from the north-west can pass onto the south-west line. Route L6B uses this new curve, to meet increasing demand along those lines.

Network map:
This does what it says on the tin ^^.
Apart from the changes in screens 14 and 15, the most notable changes are the extensions to lines: R8, R12 and R13, re-routing of line R20 and the addition of lines: L12, R21 and E6.
Attachments
Grey Wolf Transport, 2043-08-28.png
Screen 14
(341.87 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screen 15
Screen 15
Grey Wolf Transport, 2043-05-13#1_edit.png (159.75 KiB) Viewed 6721 times
GreyWolfTransport_v1.5.png
Network Map
(423.19 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

That network map is amazing. It looks so spiffy and professional, and there's so much detail! :shock:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Thank you very much. That's much appreciated :3.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Ruskij
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruskij »

The Routemap looks really professional! How much time did you spend on creating it?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Thanks. I kept updating it as I added modified things in-game, so I'm not sure how much time it took in total, quite a lot though probably ^^.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

A few more shots:

Screen 16:
The station at Ponnville, is particularly busy, as it sits across the widest trunk route on the map, now used by 5 lines.
A new track branch was built, heading northwards out of the shot, to Slunningpool Central, to connect to the branch line from there to Cardham (R13B).
That branch line was discontinued, and a new line, R22, was set up starting at Fretfield to the south-west, running along the new track and following part of the route of the old branch to Windham Junction in the distant north-east.
The idea was to connect the main trunk to Cardham without running any more trains through Slunningpool main station, just to the east of the shot, which is already overloaded, being the busiest rail station on the map, with a train arriving about every 1.5 days.

Screen 17:
Buses can be rather inadequate when it comes to moving lots of passengers around large cities, especially when there's more than one major rail station.
To solve this a circumferential metro, L14, was built, connecting both rail stations and easing pressure on the (very overloaded) local buses.

Screen 18:
This is on the other side of Slunningpool. The bus route running through Duntburg has been unable to meet demand since the day it was built, even when parts of it are excessively congested. A new line, R23, also deliberately avoiding Slunningpool, was built to shadow the bus route from Cardham in the north-west down to Hartfield in the south-east, before diverting southwards to Sedingworth Falls, another significant junction.
This line also conveniently solves the issues of overloaded local buses in Sedingworth Falls too, as it stops in two points in the town.
Attachments
Screen 16
Screen 16
Grey Wolf Transport, 2051-07-01_trimmed.png (146.58 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
Screen 17
Screen 17
Grey Wolf Transport, 2051-06-17_trimmed.png (178.97 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
Grey Wolf Transport, 2051-06-17#1.png
Screen 18
(337.68 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Those are quite high capacity trains you got there :shock:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Purno wrote:Those are quite high capacity trains you got there :shock:
Most of the trains I'm using have a capacity of 999 passengers, 415 bags of mail. Some have more, some less. Most of the trunk routes are still overloaded though.
The 2200 is the best train in the set (2.00 beta 3) for medium-speed rail, to the point of being a bit unbalanced, which is why they've more or less taken over :P...

A few more screenshots:

Screen 19:
This is the second-busiest rail station on the network, with a train arriving about every 2 days. It is also the station with the most trains with orders to stop there, by quite a large margin, at 111.

Screen 20:
This town is a major passenger port, for ships eastbound across the bay. There is a rail route around the bay, with a change, but that would quickly saturate without shipping support.

Network Map:
Updated quite a few things.
In particular: Added L14 and R23, axed R13B and replaced with R22 which runs along part of the old route, re-routed and extended E6, branched and extended R14.
Attachments
Grey Wolf Transport, 2051-11-25.png
Screen 19
(328.72 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Grey Wolf Transport, 2051-12-04_trimmed.png
Screen 20
(215.89 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
GreyWolfTransport_v1.8.png
Network Map
(608.06 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

On the Scr 19... Is that a train shadow in the tunnel? It seems so (didnt know that this was possible), but first I thought it was that "cigar shape" UFO what's not fitting into the screen due hight :P
Very nice map btw!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Yep, (clickable) train shadow in tunnel and it works with roadvehicles also.
Patch by SmatZ and can be found here: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/cli ... repository

Nice screenies indeed, especially the network map is just ... :shock:
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

JGR wrote:A few more shots [...] Screen 17 [...]
I wouldn't want a ride on that railway line...
Attachments
tt001.png
tt001.png (136.53 KiB) Viewed 6155 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

AndersI wrote:
JGR wrote:A few more shots [...] Screen 17 [...]
I wouldn't want a ride on that railway line...
That's just an optical illusion, yeah :oops:
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Thanks ISA and Chill, BTW. ^^

A few more screenshots...

Screen 21:
The rather mediocre bus service was not enough to meet the demands of this growing town, so the diesel line L11 was extended through, and then all the way to Fruntborough.

Screen 22:
I got a bit fed up of the default aircraft. Dinger 200s only vaguely resemble flying machines and they're far too cheap to buy/run. The AV8 set looks nicer and is much more realistically priced (read: expensive), so I decided to give that a spin instead. On the upside airbus A380s have a higher capacity too.
I also largely redesigned the NW-SE section of the station, going from 3 platforms to 5, building switch-over tracks at both ends, and adding some bypass lines for express trains (E6). The station had become a bit of a bottle-neck, which wasn't helped by my extending line R21B to terminate there.

Screen 23:
This is the largest city. Moving passengers effectively between the 3 stations using only buses/trams was becoming impossible, so (with the help of the bulldozer) some short-range rail lines (L15, L16) were built instead, one of which also runs through Sedingworth Falls, to deal with congestion there and between the two towns. I again used Cunning Disguises™, however horrendous clipping errors prevented me from completely hiding one of the lines.
Attachments
Grey Wolf Transport, 2059-09-23.png
Screen 22
(340.1 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Grey Wolf Transport, 2059-12-04.png
Screen 23
(335.25 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screen 21
Screen 21
Grey Wolf Transport, 2059-12-22_trimmed.png (199.35 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Screen 24:
A rather similar story at these two towns too. Hudingville is a fairly significant interchange point, and having every line use a separate station with a spotty bus service didn't work very well.
Grindhattan Ridge is interesting though, as it wasn't that long ago that I founded it. It's managed to grow rather alarmingly in the meantime, and the train line bisecting it became rather overloaded.
The new local line, L17, neatly solves both of those, at least for the time being.

Screen 25:
This is the station just to the south-east of Branington Airport in Screen 22. The line coming in from the south used to stop at the platforms on the edge of town, which, through the miracle of distant-join, were part of the same station :oops:. This was fixed however when those platforms were assigned to a different station and the tracks extended such that they ran through the main station and merged with the mainline. The line (R21B) was then extended to terminate at Branington Airport.
Attachments
Grey Wolf Transport, 2059-12-13#1_trimmed.png
Screen 24
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Grey Wolf Transport, 2059-05-07.png
Screen 25
(372.18 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “Screenshots”