(OTTD)WalesandWestEnglandGiantRenewal V1.0 Released

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

(OTTD)WalesandWestEnglandGiantRenewal V1.0 Released

Post by romazoon »

Find here the scenario to download
Attachments
WalesandWestEnglandGiantRenewal.V1.2.scn
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
Non nommé, 01_01_1960.png
screenshot of the southern part of the map
(89.34 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by romazoon on 21 Sep 2011 16:12, edited 4 times in total.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OTTD)WalesandWestEnglandGiantRenewalbyRomazoon (WIP)

Post by EXTspotter »

From the very small part of the map which you have taken the screenshot for, if you want to follow the name of the train station, the two towns combined are Nailsea and Blackwell. As for the airport spaces, Filton Airport is spelt wrong (one l), and is also closing before the end of the year. Also to distinguish the airports, the other airport, labelled by you as "Bristol Airport" could be renamed Bristol Lulsgate Airport. Also the motorway system south of Bristol leaves a lot to be desired, for instance the M5 which runs south fo Bristol, passing Avonmouth, Clevedon and Weston Super Mare, as well as the M49 which runs form Avonmouth on the M5 to near Pilning on the M4, as well as the M32 which runs from south of Bradley Stoke to the outskirts of Bristol.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thanks for the tips EXT spotter, i ll make sure to correct what you ve spotted !
oh and even an old small airport(and soon closing airport) have its place on my scenario (it will be only up to the player to build it and to upgrade it anyway...)

I forgot to mention, that the industries(and any element of the scenario) doesn t need to be still open or in use nowaday ! scenario will start in early 20th... and i will set ECS industries to stay forever (and unlimited ressources).

Edit : small screenie update:
screenshot#20.png
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

looks pretty good :D
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

i made a terrible mistake... i m building my scenario with chillpatchpack since the begining.
Should i stop development or finish it like this??

well I would be ready to remake it on a stable version but not alone. so if there is volunteers, please pm me.
(note that if it s to be remade, it should be remade in 2048x2048, cause i felt tight on 1024x1024 in quite many places and there is not even the rail tracks yet...)

Edit : I added a preview of how it would look like on a 2048x2048 map. contact me by pm if you wanna join the project (no final decision were yet taken about redoing it or continuing with the chill patch pack version)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hi all

Work haven t been stopped, here is the progress made.

Edit : Refinery, Chemical Plants, and Forest have been funded. No need for more.
A Few Brewery spot have been localized, but i hope to find a few more.
workl on the map still in progress... it s huge!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

and here is the screenies update:
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

And here is the first Release of "Wales and West England Giant Renewal"

Made by Romazoon, with some help from EXTSpotter

This is a scenario made with chillpatchpack V12... and so it is not compatible with a normal version of Ottd.

Please post your comments, suggestion and also your screenies made with this scenario.

Hope you ll enjoy it.

Romazoon

Edit : as you can see on the grf list, a small mistake was made with the LongVehicule grf set... i simply forgot to pick the uncutted version, wich make it any long vehicule unavailable.
to solve this add the lv4.grf to the list and apply the effect, then open the in game log (press § ) and type: reset engines and press enter. It should solve it... unfortunately it could bring in some bugs as any grf midgame change (so don t bother reporting them to Chillpatchpack thread as they would be unsuported). You can also play without Lv4(eGRVTS is loaded), and be safe abouth the grf midgame changes.

if your looking for some nightly grf present in this scenario look here : http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/, other should be avalaible on bananas
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OTTD)WalesandWestEnglandGiantRenewal V1.0 Released

Post by romazoon »

A very deep grave digging, but hey that new tool in JGR patchpack allowed me to drill so deep that i retrieved one lost scenario i made long ago, where i spent hours on details trying to mimic a region.

so here is the "updated" Wales and West England (it s only updated in the way that i cutted the newgrf list down so you can add more "recent" newgrf set of your liking, and that it runs with JGR patchpack)

I hope it will bring some fun to some of you.

THIS SCENARIO ONLY WORKS WITH JGR Patchpack 0.33.2 (and probably more recent or future version of JGR PP)

Note : map include Cardiff, Bristol, Swindon, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham...
screenshot#1.png
(286.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot.png
(179.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
WalesandWestEngland-forpublicrelease.scn
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 131 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”