OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Hem
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by Hem »

romazoon wrote:a lot of great stuff
Thank you romazoon for all your answers, your comments and all your explanations :) I took all the GRF you told me, I copied the list from your screenshots and I'll try many maps like that! Though it is reaaaaally confusing for me because, for instance, when I open the railway menu, and then the "build a station" icon, it displays a huge window with tons of stuff I can select! I'm so lost in all that stuff! Just imagine : a tiny dude like me playing original TT for 15 years, and then addind 30 new grf... :D man was I lost!
Anyway, thanks again!

Emperor Jake wrote:Indeed you did :D
I'm glad I did, Jake. I was in Uluru, too, and you must know that better than me: it leaves some big feelings in you! That's why all my TT maps, recently, have been desertic ones with your town names pack :) I enjoy it a lot. Although, I must admit I miss aboriginal named towns in your pack, I think the % of them is not enough, I'd say, if you allow me to comment on your work without knowing anything about it. I mean, for me, it was all about Wollongong, Wagga Wagga, Tuggeranong, Ulladulla and all... so... I'm okay with BrisMelPerthNey Crescent Parade On the Beach and all, but... ;) (just teasing you and trying to get a smile from you once again).

Cheers guys!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

i have been fishing some screenies today inside a testgame i ve runned not so long ago (an other megarail scenario not yet totally finished)
I hope you will like them.

The first one is showing the main hub of the map... it is actually a Mini Copy of my huge city presented earlier (screenshot#6.jpg). but here all is in use, bus, mail trucks, trains, metros, boats, even planes are actually in the screenshot ! Also here you can see how i adapted the preinstalled infrastructure (wich were about the same as in the big city screen) to the growing traffic
Megarail Artic, 27_07_1981#1.png
On this one, you ll see a nice small city installed in a bay, service by express train, and having a REfinery station next by (with a yard that make sure loading train at least let one platform free for delivery)
Megarail Artic, 05_08_1981.png
This last one for today, show the first city when you go up the river from the main hub, A paper mill station is located on one side of the river, and the city is on the other with of course the appropriate infrastructure.
Megarail Artic, 09_08_1981.png
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

oh wow, lovely shot!, to bad the metro tunnels arent grey-foundated, but lovely sight, also on the other town, nice networking
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks ZX

Your right about the tracks, i wish i could replace those metrotunnels with a custombridgehead road... :cry:
but well it s allready so awesome looking with all those great grf!!

So thumbs up to graphicmakers, coders and devellopers !
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice shots, but it's a shame the 8-track passenger terminal station doesn't seem to have any trains, it's quite empty :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

There are definitely some nice shots to be found here, but Puron is right, there are few trains in proportion to the size of the track layouts. Hint in order to save some work, you seem to always cut the screenshots later:

Just use the console to produce screenshots:
screenshot no_con filename
will create a screenshot of the current view without the console being shown. And it would produce screenshots where one could check the newgrfs being used ;-)
ffpp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ffpp »

One thing I'm still wondering is how this save actually plays.

For example, reading stuff on openttdcoop some time ago I learned that you *do never do unnecessary railway crossings* and that you *do use priorities for connecting lines. I tend to stick to principals like these but even with 2 lines per direction a simple T-Cross gets messy quickly.
Since I don't see such mess in your screenshots I'm wondering whether you have any problems with throughput or anything.
Do you play CargoDist ?

thanks and regards
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hey Purno should i send you the savegame so you can fill up this quite empty terminal ?? hahaha
Your are right, i feel too it s missing traffic, for my defense this is a testgame i ve runned on ascenario i m building.... so i havent pushed the traffic that much.

Planetmaker, I actually never recut my screenshot... For my big screenies, i zoom out once or twice (for even bigger screen), then i use zoomed screenshot ingame and i can post them without further work (the last zoom works too, but screenies are too big to be posted, more than 10Mo).
I will give a try to your method though, to see what s the best :wink:

ffpp, my network doesn t use any priority. The only priority i use, is first one at the path signal have priority to choose where to go. It of course leads often some train to stop, also on the main line. but since train arriving behind usually can take an alternative route (switch to a parralel track that should be free), it s almost never leading to a gridlock(i say almost never cause it need lot of time to figure all the weakness of a big network like this, so there is some gridlock appearing sometimes, and that s when i usually upgrade my tracks to what is needed.
I have to mention that the fact to separate passenger and freight station also give some penalties to train, and sometimes can help to keep passenger on one pair of track, and the cargo on the other (but still allow a faster pax train to overtake the slow one, if there is some space free).
And last but not least, i use Cargodist for pax/mail/express but not for other freight. Also i keep industries number quite low (ECS don t really need many industries to generate big traffic). There is one of each kind at least, and i tend to add an additionnal forest (sawmill can easily deal with two forest at 100% production). Since i handmade my scenario(I choose carefully where to put industries), i also take care to not make cross the all map for all my trains... that for sure reducing the traffic too...

here is the savegame (only compatible with chillpatchpackv12), fpp you ll see better how i handle traffic, purno will show me how to fill up this station :wink: , and Planetmake will be able to realize in fact there is almost 300 trains already running :P ... (no offense guys, i m kidding :mrgreen: )
Megarail Artic, 18_07_1983.sav

Also any comment to improve this scenario wil be welcome, since i m planning to release it. (not with all infrastructure i have builded in this savegame, but with the basics line probably)

EDIT2: Well in fact, i just realised the scenario is ready to be release... so here it is: the First Release of Megarail Artic 512x512, based on my heightmap centralvalley2. (Note that i was thinking i layed basic infrastructure, infact it s not so basic and you even have some(not many) vehicules allready running... but it still will need improvement everywhere once the traffic will grow)
Megarail Artic V1.3.scn

enjoy

the grf list :
Last edited by romazoon on 13 Apr 2011 11:32, edited 2 times in total.
kotssmurf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by kotssmurf »

romazoon wrote: The first one is showing the main hub of the map... it is actually a Mini Copy of my huge city presented earlier (screenshot#6.jpg). but here all is in use, bus, mail trucks, trains, metros, boats, even planes are actually in the screenshot ! Also here you can see how i adapted the preinstalled infrastructure (wich were about the same as in the big city screen) to the growing traffic
Megarail Artic, 27_07_1981#1.png
I love this one even more then the first version!!
Very nice infrastructure, just the way I like to design my cities as wel!
ffpp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ffpp »

Thanks for the savegame romazoon.
I'm too busy to play right now but I already downloaded it and will try it as soon as I have time again.
ffpp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ffpp »

Btw, what version do you use ?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

romazoon wrote:(only compatible with chillpatchpackv12)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

here is some screenies of Guanabara Transport

Guanabara bay for who may not know is the bay next to Rio de Janeiro.

The first and second screen show a big view on the Guanabara Bay at two different date.
Guanabara Transport, 20_05_1943.png
Guanabara Transport, 08_01_1949.png

The third show Cosmos, a city located on the edge of my map served by some livestock trains and Express passenger service. the train on the single track next to the river is heading to the textill mill, it s loaded with wool and fibers.
Guanabara Transport, 14_01_1949.png
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

This one shows, the lines heading to Petropolis (the imperial capital of brazil), it s located in the mountains so a soft path for railway had to be found.
Guanabara Transport, 19_01_1949.png
This one shows Itaguai wich is in reality the western limit of the City of Rio. I have installed there a hub receiving the livestock, the wool and the fiber.
Guanabara Transport, 25_01_1949.png
and a map of the game.
Guanabara Transport, 13_06_1949.png
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

and a graphic modification made by me on the viaduc bridge (from TTRS bridge, i don t know the author, sorry)
aqueduc filler tile.png
Well i m not really thinking to replace the viaduc bridge in any sort, but i was thinking, since we can build a newobject tiles under a bridge, maybe someone could code a newobject tile with those graphics. (the white stripe might need to get removed to fit better with the other arch. and of course the table and bench in front also... got to draw some smaller. the table and bench are from the Swedish House Set "large square"

It is inspired by the "Viaduc des Art"s in Paris,
link to a photo:

http://www.france-for-visitors.com/phot ... -arts.html
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

Love the screens keep em coming :D

I like what you have done with the bridge arch. I'm working on a UK map and have been using bridges in the middle of London and was thinking myself that it be good if you could fill in the gaps. It's just a shame you can't build stations under there aswel :P
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
ffpp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ffpp »

romazoon wrote:
romazoon wrote:(only compatible with chillpatchpackv12)
I know. But that didn't work because of the wrong game version, so it told me. I trierd with revision r21253 and with the newest from trunk (IIRC), both with chill's patchpack.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

nice very nice networking in that jungle there!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks Seeker !, Let s hope some coder would be interested to code this arch filler tile !! (i v enever done graphics before, and i have no idea what it takes to code a newobject....or whatever else)

ffpp, i really don t know what s wrong... i created and played that game with Chillpatchpack V12 (R22273M)... wich i believe is the only ChillPatchpack V12! but maybe i m wrong?

and thanks ZX ! It s the jungle, but somehow i feel the open gfx forest is lacking some trees diversity (only palm trees are avalaibles !?!?!).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Opening of Galeao Internationall Airport and of the metro link to the airport.
Guanabara Transport, 16_06_1962.png
Petropolis city, in the mountains.
Guanabara Transport, 09_10_1962.png
The Iron ore line, with a single track for the climby part...
Guanabara Transport, 09_10_1962#1.png

Return to “Screenshots”