[OTTD+PATCHES]DWE Screenshot thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

[OTTD+PATCHES]DWE Screenshot thread

Post by Dante123 »

well i guess its time i also start a screenshot thread, so here is the first kick off.

its 1920, the game is just starting.
the game is running the latest version of Chillcores patchpack, hand has a daylengthfactor set to 6.

some first 2 screens (more to come later on)
Attachments
the first small grain farm rail connection
the first small grain farm rail connection
01.PNG (593.57 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
the first rail connection for a town
the first rail connection for a town
02.PNG (372.79 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Last edited by Dante123 on 15 Apr 2011 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: DWE Screenshot thread

Post by Pilot »

Good looking game coming on.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

all running costs and stuff are at high, so currently taking all subsidy's to get some money in.
some more screens and description added.
Attachments
a livestock farm next to the brand new (unfinished) highway.
a livestock farm next to the brand new (unfinished) highway.
03.PNG (211.31 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
04.PNG
2 mountain towns connected for subsidy.
(439.73 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Which NewGRFs are you using? It seems like some of them are pretty old versions (example: the Metro Track Set).
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

these are the active grf's in this game.

why you think its outdated btw ?
Attachments
grf.PNG
grf.PNG (30.37 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

OK...

#1: You don't need TTRS and ECS Houses at the same time. ECS Houses is just the part of TTRS that's needed by ECS, which you haven't even loaded.
#2: The "Docks with containers and cranes" will be overridden by the docks from CHIPS.
#3: The "BK Enhanced Tunnels" are completely overridden by YARRS/TTRS.
#4: The "Metro Subway Set" only adds one incredibly ugly train that doesn't even run on metro tracks.
Dante123 wrote: why you think its outdated btw ?
It used the original graphics, but it seems the newest version adapts to when the original landscape is used.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

its a parameter.

some of the other grf's i didnt exact know so i added them, have too much to know what they all exactly do :)
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

some new screens incl descriptions
Attachments
the supply to the brick factory is growing. more and more will get connected to it in the future.
the supply to the brick factory is growing. more and more will get connected to it in the future.
05.PNG (204.38 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
06.PNG
the coal mine suppling the brick factory. to the left you see the feeding system where the sand is coming from.
(624.73 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
07.PNG
towns are getting connected trough metro and tram systems.
(863.22 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ZOMG, the Dutch Trainset. I've missed screenshots of those lovely trains. :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re:DWE Screenshot thread

Post by Dante123 »

[QUOTE=Purno;941281]ZOMG, the Dutch Trainset. I've missed screenshots of those lovely trains. :))[/QUOTE]
Its one of those sets that is in almost all my games haha. But there is never been made a 1.0 version right? Or is there still plans for some work on that set?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Re:DWE Screenshot thread

Post by Purno »

Dante123 wrote:
Purno wrote:ZOMG, the Dutch Trainset. I've missed screenshots of those lovely trains. :))
Its one of those sets that is in almost all my games haha. But there is never been made a 1.0 version right? Or is there still plans for some work on that set?
We only made one full release. We still have to figure out some licensing stuff before we can upload it to BaNaNaS though.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

aaawh, i only have this release candidate if i recall correct.
will that full have more trains in it ? and if yes, can't you PM it ? just for own use :D
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD+PATCHES]DWE Screenshot thread

Post by Dante123 »

slowly but steady more and more income is generated. too bad its still a lot of waiting (all expenses are set to max)
Attachments
Yet another 2 small villages get connected by a small train.
Yet another 2 small villages get connected by a small train.
08.PNG (473.42 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
map.PNG
part of the world map im playing on.
(105.18 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

Nice shots Dante! keep them comming. and btw, i love you grf work! thanks!
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

Screenshot 09:
finally some real tracks start to be build.
the 4 line track system will be the main root line that will go all the way trough the world map.
this root line will than have lots of sub lines coming on and off this main line.
the main line will have switches and depots in it once in a while so trains can pass each other when more faster trains will be on the tracks too in the future in between the freight trains.
also because of the improved breakdown patch (incl in the used patchpack) some trains will sometimes be reduced to 50% speed, therefore pass systems are important :)

Screenshot 10:
Small harbor in a town used for passengers and fish. the factory is at this point not exporting fish to other towns, but will be when more fish can be taken to it.
Attachments
09.PNG
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
10.PNG
10.PNG (147.04 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice shots, but railways are not as interesting if they don't got trains running on them.

I miss the trains :cry:
Image Image
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

well yea im still in the startup phase :P
constantly lacking money (as mentioned all expenses are max, so 1 rail tile is about 1,000 euro)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Dante123 wrote:well yea im still in the startup phase :P
constantly lacking money (as mentioned all expenses are max, so 1 rail tile is about 1,000 euro)
Instead of building a lot of tracks put trains on it and expand when there is plenty of money and need for it, for me that works :P
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

naah, this game is planned ;) it has chillcore patchpack with daylength too, so once that main root line has huge capacity i can easy add more and more :)

my experience from passed games learned me this is a nice method that has huge train capacity ;)
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

Screen 11:
small oil well station

Screen 12:
still a small oil refinery where the oil is taken too (screen 11)

screen 13:
Start/end of the 4 line tracks. this is near the start of the map where the 4 lines get back to 2 lines.
Attachments
11.PNG
11.PNG (125.55 KiB) Viewed 10273 times
12.PNG
12.PNG (287.63 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
13.PNG
(522.31 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Return to “Screenshots”