love the game

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

love the game

Post by J.WINDSOR »

hay there, im a huge fan of this game, i actually own 2 copies in case one disk breaks and i cant source another.

i would be very interested in being able to alter some of the train/motor vehicle speeds if anyone can help me do that?

also i have heard rumours of additional units being in the game, can they be unlocked any way?
S-T
Engineer
Engineer

Re: love the game

Post by S-T »

There is a vehicle editor: http://www.3dtt.co.cc/home/downloads
3DTT website: http://www.3dtt.de
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

thats brilliant, thanks.... how do i get it to work :oops: , iv unpacked all the databases, iv unzipped the editor into the game file, but i cant get any of the vehicles to load in the editor.... sorry my german is a bit rusty, im probably missing something.
S-T
Engineer
Engineer

Post by S-T »

Have you moved all extracted files into the main directory? It there a debug file?
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

i have tried it in both the ttt directory and the vehicles directory itself

debug is as follows
3DTT Debugfile
0:Base_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Trains and Trucks Tycoon\Data\DATA_WDB\VEHICLES\
0:Work_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Trains and Trucks Tycoon\Data\DATA_WDB\VEHICLES\vehicles\
0:FATAL ERROR: Der Index der Liste überschreitet das Maximum (%d)0 PROGRAM TERMINATES!
S-T
Engineer
Engineer

Post by S-T »

You have to move all the files from Data\DATA_WDB to the main directory.
Last edited by S-T on 25 Mar 2011 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

ahhh so wen i have unpacked it, copy an paste it into the first level of the ttt folder!
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

still not working :(
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

J.WINDSOR wrote:still not working :(
Hi Windsor,

As far as i understand, you are trying to make de editors to work. You copied the editors to the DATA_WDB directory? If you did, then the only thing you
have to do is copy the ADDONDE.LGD and ADDONUK.LGD to the UI folder. Start de vehicle editor and you will see it now works!
It took me A LOT of time to find this out some years ago but happy it works and i have use it many times. Good luck! :D
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

i appeciate your help, but its just not working :(

i unpack the data file and then extract the editor into the folder. both the files you mentioned are there. the editor opens up but when i select a file to load nothing happens.
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

J.WINDSOR wrote:i appeciate your help, but its just not working :(

i unpack the data file and then extract the editor into the folder. both the files you mentioned are there. the editor opens up but when i select a file to load nothing happens.
Ok, follow my steps:

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA.WDB FILE FIRST!!!

1. Unpack the Data.wdb file with the wdbentpacker program. This will create a DATA_WDB folder inside the DATA folder.
2. Copy the vehicle and building editor into the DATA_WDB folder. Also copy the repmaker program + the data.rif file into the DATA_WDB folder. You will need it to reconstruct a new customized data.wdb file.
3. Once you have the vehicle and building editor in the DATA_WDB folder, copy and paste the ADDONUK.LGD and the ADDONDE.LGD into de UI folder that is inside the DATA_WDB folder. Don't remove the files from the DATA_WDB root!
4. This is a thing I forgot to tell you. You need to copy and paste the 3 road(STRASSE) (straight, + junction and T juntion) textures and the 5 rail track(GLEIS or GLEISE) (straight, 2 closed junctions and 2 open junctions) textures from the GFX_HI to the GFX folder.
5. Start the vehicle editor and now you will see a piece of road and a piece of rail track. Congratz it now works!
6. Make the changes you want, save and use the repmaker program to create the new customized data.wdb file. Now cut the new created data.wdb file from the DATA_WDB folder into the DATA folder and overwrite the existing one.
7. Start the game a check your changes!

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA.WDB FILE FIRST!!!

Good luck!
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

ahhhhh thank you so much, i will let you know how i get on!!!
:bow:
J.WINDSOR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J.WINDSOR »

i have tried several times since i last posted and i an edit the trains and things fine, but whenever i try to repack everything i get the following error.

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And did you check for the existence for the mentioned file in the mentioned directory?
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

J.WINDSOR wrote:i have tried several times since i last posted and i an edit the trains and things fine, but whenever i try to repack everything i get the following error.
That's strange. I never got that error. That file doens't exist in the game as far as I know. I also don't have it. You can do 2 things:

1. Open Data.rif with Notapad. You will see a list of files and folders the program is suppose to repack. See if that "germannames.txt" is in the list. If so, then delete that line and save the file. It should work.

2. If "germannames.txt" is not in the list. Then make an empty germannames.txt file with notepad and try to repack.

One of those two options should work! :)
S-T
Engineer
Engineer

Post by S-T »

Data.rif seams to be for 3DTT, perhaps you have to adjust it. (I haven't used it for for a long time)
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

S-T wrote:Data.rif seams to be for 3DTT, perhaps you have to adjust it. (I haven't used it for for a long time)
Data.rif is a file that belongs to the repmaker. It tells the repmaker which files and folders must be included to build the new data.wdb file. Nothing else. 3DTT doesn't need that file to function.
S-T
Engineer
Engineer

Post by S-T »

Yes, but the list of files is for 3DTT. Some things are different on TTT.

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”