[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Post by Valdez »

Ahem.. so after some time of lurking around here, I finally got the courage (or audacity? whatever..) to post some screens of my games...

The screens are from 1870 and a little company based in Codhattan isn't exactly little anymore (well.. something one would expect after 20 years of operations).

(Augh.. 3* attachment limit.. incoming double-post!)
Attachments
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1870-01-01.png
To the east lies Pesningdore, terminus of the Eastern Line.
(254.1 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1870-01-01#1.png
Finshaw Ridge, another important place on the (rather short) Eastern Line.
(258.3 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1870-01-01#3.png
All the roads lead to Rome.. no, wait, scratch that.. Codhattan. Yes. This place might look like a ghost town with too good infrastructure for its size right now, but in time, it'll grow...
(246.1 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by Valdez on 28 Apr 2013 14:57, edited 4 times in total.
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: Valdez's Topic of Awesomeness

Post by Pilot »

Too much Tracks, too few Trains. Are you building for the Future? In the Codhattan shot tere was all that track for 1 :shock: ,yes 1 :shock: train.
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Well, you guessed right. While I tend to overdo stuff in the beginning, it might not be enough after some time. These screens are some 3 weeks old, so current situation is completely different. Do you want to see a screen of that place from 1946? :D

Anyway, some more archived stuff from 1870:
Attachments
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1870-01-01#5.png
Main source of income for the company: several trains carrying wood, hauled by two trusty 4-4-0s each.
(395.57 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1870-01-01#2.png
And here's where they unload their cargo.. Bathaven, terminus of the Eastern Coast Mainline, with a separate yard for cargo operations
(275.71 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1946-01-05.png
And, thanks to the wonders of time travel, '46 Codhattan as promised
(450.28 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice shots. I like the landscape, though I gotta admit it's pretty empty vehicle-wise. Would be nice to see more trains, buses and other stuff :)

But good going there, I'd love to see more :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Well, the landscape.. I like the "variety distribution" option of the OTTD 1.x.x terrain generator - this way, I can have both flat land and decent hills in one map..

Back to the screens...
Attachments
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1874-01-23#1.png
What's this? a STALLED train? Well, full load of paper is too much for these Moguls, so I'll have to remove some cars from this one...
(290.28 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1878-08-06.png
First accident of the company claims the lives of a driver and 8 passengers in a (now totaled) steam bus. Damn thing is too slow to avoid stuff like.. a 50mph train.
(314.07 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1880-06-18#2.png
Zoomed-out shot of Cheeningham area. The southeastern track is the Codhattan-Cheeningham mainline. I put the tracks some distance apart, so I can build additional ones when needed
(458.45 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more
Attachments
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1880-06-18#4.png
Area northeast of Codhattan. Some traffic here at last
(352.73 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1880-06-18.png
The only place of interest between Codhattan and Cheeningham..
(333.84 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1880-06-18#5.png
Map of the network in 1880. Tracks between Liverdore and Methaven are currently under construction.
(47.27 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

Legen...

wait for it...

EDIT:

...DARY
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

While I keep my saved games (or at least one for every 10 game years), I simply forgot about them in the 1880-1900 era :oops:.

As of 1899, the basic network is complete. Construction on the western coast started in early 1880's around the city of Mesway with the intention to eventually connect both eastern and western parts of the network.
Attachments
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1888-02-17.png
One of the few screens of an actual gameplay. A brand-new coal burning 2-8-0 Consolidation hauling a full load of wood. Definitely an improvement over the top-and-tail 4-4-0s I used on these before. Marginally lower top speed (which it won't be able to reach anyway), same power, more TE, running costs roughly 60% of those of the two 4-4-0s.
(444.18 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1899-11-10.png
Cargo bays on the eastern edge of Codhattan. As of this moment this is the busiest place in the city.
(401.25 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1899-11-10#1.png
Station platforms in Pesningdore had to be lengthened. This resulted in considerable disruption of the life in the city (and required spending considerable resources on.. ahem.. altering the opinion of local magistrate)
(323.75 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more:
Attachments
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1899-11-10#3.png
Situation north of Codhattan. On the other end of the lower pair of tunnels lies a large yard, so cargo traffic is heavy.
(450.44 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1899-11-10#4.png
Mesway - central hub of the western part of the network.
(429.37 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1899-11-10#2.png
Map of the entire network
(63.09 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Valdez's Screenshots

Post by Valdez »

Note to self: when changing signals to/from PBS, check if both sections are empty... In accordance with Murphy's Law, these were my newest 2-8-0s. Argh :evil:
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1910-10-07.png
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1910-10-07.png (125.79 KiB) Viewed 12737 times
Some snow for a change.. Section of track between Sesningdore and Tredale (see map in last post)
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1910-10-08#1.png
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1910-10-08#1.png (172.69 KiB) Viewed 12737 times
Bridge on a line between Accdon Green and Pronford.. not much traffic here
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1910-10-08#2.png
Codhattan & Cheeningham, 1910-10-08#2.png (162.23 KiB) Viewed 12737 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

I lost all saves, so here comes a new game, probably my last one with the original UKRS set.. :D
Attachments
List of all the nice things..
List of all the nice things..
GRFList.png (5.08 KiB) Viewed 12516 times
0-6-0 tank engine passenger train meets another 0-6-0 - a freight engine with a rake of mineral cars
0-6-0 tank engine passenger train meets another 0-6-0 - a freight engine with a rake of mineral cars
GER 001.png (96.68 KiB) Viewed 12516 times
Does this really need a description? :D
Does this really need a description? :D
GER 002.png (143.52 KiB) Viewed 12516 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more...
Attachments
a 4-4-0-hauled express at its destination. Line between Headingley and Epping is the backbone of my current 'network' (really just this and some branch lines)
a 4-4-0-hauled express at its destination. Line between Headingley and Epping is the backbone of my current 'network' (really just this and some branch lines)
GER 003.png (96.66 KiB) Viewed 12512 times
.. parts of the line are still single-track, but this will change soon..
.. parts of the line are still single-track, but this will change soon..
GER 004.png (132 KiB) Viewed 913 times
.. about NOW..
.. about NOW..
GER 005.png (132.79 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Should of Used UKRS2 as there is much more selection. However you seem to of built a decent amount of track for the amount of trains.
Lordmwa
President
President

Re: [OTTD] Valdez's Screenshots

Post by Lordmwa »

looks really nice :)
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Well.. I tried UKRS2 and I liked it a lot :) but I'll wait for the completed release :)

Anyway.. more screens incoming
Attachments
Here's a tram track connecting two cities on an island not far from Epping.. Also visible is a steamer connecting Epping, Walsall and...
Here's a tram track connecting two cities on an island not far from Epping.. Also visible is a steamer connecting Epping, Walsall and...
GER 006.png (57.35 KiB) Viewed 12386 times
.. Chatham.
.. Chatham.
GER 007.png (106.32 KiB) Viewed 12386 times
The entire map is 512×1024, this is just a small part..
The entire map is 512×1024, this is just a small part..
GER 008.png (11 KiB) Viewed 12386 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

some more:
Attachments
The coal mine located near Welwyn Garden increased its output, so even with three 0-6-0s serving the station the coal just piles up... Due to the line being mostly single track, adding more trains isn't desirable, and the 0-6-0 won't handle longer train without seriously delaying passenger traffic on the line. Solution to this problem can be seen here - a brand new 0-8-0 waits at the passenger platform, while one of the old 0-6-0s hauls its last coal train on this line. They'll be needed elsewhere.
The coal mine located near Welwyn Garden increased its output, so even with three 0-6-0s serving the station the coal just piles up... Due to the line being mostly single track, adding more trains isn't desirable, and the 0-6-0 won't handle longer train without seriously delaying passenger traffic on the line. Solution to this problem can be seen here - a brand new 0-8-0 waits at the passenger platform, while one of the old 0-6-0s hauls its last coal train on this line. They'll be needed elsewhere.
GER 009.png (96.39 KiB) Viewed 12298 times
Also in the news: due to increased traffic the line between Warwick and Headingley was double-tracked with the exception of a short stretch at Telford
Also in the news: due to increased traffic the line between Warwick and Headingley was double-tracked with the exception of a short stretch at Telford
GER 010.png (105.49 KiB) Viewed 12298 times
People at Clevedon City, as of this moment the westernmost station, celebrate arrival of the first train - an all-stop train from Headingley
People at Clevedon City, as of this moment the westernmost station, celebrate arrival of the first train - an all-stop train from Headingley
GER 011.png (93.95 KiB) Viewed 12298 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

and more:
Attachments
Current situation northeast of Netherhampton
Current situation northeast of Netherhampton
GER 012.png (93.76 KiB) Viewed 12179 times
Shrewsbury with some traffic around, notably the Epping-Headingley express.
Shrewsbury with some traffic around, notably the Epping-Headingley express.
GER 013.png (117.04 KiB) Viewed 12179 times
The branchline diverging in the previous shot ends here. For this one, I tried modifying the screen in PhotoFiltre...
The branchline diverging in the previous shot ends here. For this one, I tried modifying the screen in PhotoFiltre...
GER 014.png (611.64 KiB) Viewed 12179 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

bump..
Attachments
Six dead in a train-bus collision.. Littlehempston station handles a lot of traffic, so I'll modify the level crossings and the station in one go...
Six dead in a train-bus collision.. Littlehempston station handles a lot of traffic, so I'll modify the level crossings and the station in one go...
GER 015.png (106.92 KiB) Viewed 12047 times
... aaand done.. Originally with three through and one bay platform, Littlehempston now boasts 4 mainline platforms, 2 bay platforms for commuter trains to Camberley and Chatham and 2 platforms for northbound commuter trains. Not everything is okay, though - moving the depot would mean messing with more train orders than I'd liked, so part of the junction around it is (by my standards) poorly designed...
... aaand done.. Originally with three through and one bay platform, Littlehempston now boasts 4 mainline platforms, 2 bay platforms for commuter trains to Camberley and Chatham and 2 platforms for northbound commuter trains. Not everything is okay, though - moving the depot would mean messing with more train orders than I'd liked, so part of the junction around it is (by my standards) poorly designed...
GER 016.png (110.14 KiB) Viewed 12047 times
One of my isolated lines, roughly in the center of the map.. EE1 hauling a coal train
One of my isolated lines, roughly in the center of the map.. EE1 hauling a coal train
GER 017.png (171.69 KiB) Viewed 12047 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

nice looking network, lovely train activity as well
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

At this time (1934 game time) the network consists of 4 separate parts... So far only text description, maps will be added later..

1) Main part along the southeastern edge of the map, tracks shown on the map posted somewhere above form its eastern part. Quite a lot of traffic here, with ~110 trains

2) Tracks around Long Eaton (and its coal mines), electrified 1,5 kV DC, with coal trains hauled by EF-1s and even some passenger traffic hauled by new EE-1s

3) Some local lines in the western corner of the map. The only traffic here are some 0-6-0 tank engines with passenger carriages

4) Some more local lines in the northern corner of the map. Again, not much to be seen there, just a few Panniers

Now, as a compensation for all this boring stuff, some screens:
Attachments
Coppleridge (part #2) with some traffic. Seen here are:<br />All-stop passenger train between Leeds and Horwich and a limited-stop express between Leeds and Kirkby (that is, this one travels the entire length of the current 1,5 kV line). Both are hauled by EE1s.<br />Coal train approaching the Coppleridge power plant (off-screen), hauled by a new EF1.
Coppleridge (part #2) with some traffic. Seen here are:
All-stop passenger train between Leeds and Horwich and a limited-stop express between Leeds and Kirkby (that is, this one travels the entire length of the current 1,5 kV line). Both are hauled by EE1s.
Coal train approaching the Coppleridge power plant (off-screen), hauled by a new EF1.
GER 018.png (152.59 KiB) Viewed 11794 times
Another EE1 can be seen leaving the first (and, given the nature of the terrain, maybe only) tunnel on the network between Kirkby and Crewe
Another EE1 can be seen leaving the first (and, given the nature of the terrain, maybe only) tunnel on the network between Kirkby and Crewe
GER 019.png (164.12 KiB) Viewed 11794 times
Marlow, the westernmost city currently served by the first part of the network.
Marlow, the westernmost city currently served by the first part of the network.
GER 020.png (140.81 KiB) Viewed 11794 times

Return to “Screenshots”