(OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use North American Road Vehicles?

Yes
76%
No
11%
What is NARVS?
13%

Total votes: 45

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:I'll do that, but don't forget that there will be some smaller vehicles later on too.
I know, and because this set has larger and faster busses and vehicles then egrvts I would say try to make it balenced with the prices but not too expensive, make the express stuff the more expensive (since it would need more maintence and gas to run fast)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Already done that...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prices fixed in the newest version (look in the "push" folder, not the "nightlies" folder).
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Alright, I tried my hand at a International CF500\600 Truck. It appers to be a mid size rigid truck, maybe 20-21 crates of goods capacity?

Im welcome to any touch ups and for completion of the diagonals (Ill try to do them but I suck...)

EDIT : Tried to make a Workstar truck too
Attachments
IntNtl-CF600.png
IntNtl-CF600.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
IntNtl-WorkStar.png
IntNtl-WorkStar.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Good to see some work from you again :P I'll put it in as soon as you get everything finished.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:Good to see some work from you again :P I'll put it in as soon as you get everything finished.

Well like I said, i suck at diagonals, if any one wants to finish the diagonal views that would be great, otherwise, it might take me another day or two to turn out crappy diagonals
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

By the way, check your PM.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Alright, heres my crappy attempt at the diagonals for the work star dumptruck.

International 2011 WorkStar 7500
Year : 2011
GVW : 17 Tonnes (rounded)
Power : 350 HP \ 1150 lb-ft Torque
Speed : 70 MPH
Front Axle Capacity : 10 Tonnes
Rear Tandem Axle Capacity : 23 Tonnes
Fuel Tank : 140 US Gal (Diesel)
IN-WorkstarDumpTruck.PNG
IN-WorkstarDumpTruck.PNG (1.75 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Heres the specs for the CityStar CF600

International 2010 CityStar CF600
GVW : 9 Tonnes (rounded)
Power : 200 HP \ 440 lb-ft Torque
Speed : 75 MPH
Front Axle Capacity : 3 Tonnes
Rear Axle Capacity : 7 Tonnes
Fuel Tank : Dual 35 US Gal (Diesel)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

All right, I'll get them in as soon as I can.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Alright, well Im going to try and make the Dumptruck cargo sprites
Attachments
Dark Grey : Coal\Iron Ore<br />Light Grey : Stone\Lime Stone<br />Yellowy : Sand\Grain\Sugar Cane<br />Orangey : Copper Ore\Bauxite
Dark Grey : Coal\Iron Ore
Light Grey : Stone\Lime Stone
Yellowy : Sand\Grain\Sugar Cane
Orangey : Copper Ore\Bauxite
International-2011-Workstar.png (6.49 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Started work on a 1970 Fleetstar Tanker

EDIT : Finished work on a 1970's FleetStar Tanker
Attachments
1970's FleetStar (Tanker)
1970's FleetStar (Tanker)
International-1970-FleetStar2050.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Your Fleetstar is in (just one sprite set to be rearranged), but I had some problems with the Workstar because you didn't use the same sprite format as the other vehicles. I've put an empty template file on the DevZone now for convenience, which can be found here.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:Your Fleetstar is in (just one sprite set to be rearranged), but I had some problems with the Workstar because you didn't use the same sprite format as the other vehicles. I've put an empty template file on the DevZone now for convenience, which can be found here.
How is it possible you where able to add the FleetStar and not the WorkStar? I used the same template for the both of them.

Heres a new sprite sheet without the word empty and the red lines and the columns are spaced out like in the example template you uploaded.
Attachments
International-2011-Workstar.png
International-2011-Workstar.png (5.47 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

NekoMaster wrote: How is it possible you where able to add the FleetStar and not the WorkStar? I used the same template for the both of them.
It would have been possible, but I didn't have the time to rearrange thirteen sprite sets, as opposed to one.
I'll do the Workstar tomorrow.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Well I hope this works this time cause I have to be going now, Ill be on tomorrow. In the mean time I hope the workstar dumptruck can be added (its ment to handle all the bulk cargos the Ford F9000 can do, but the workstar should be able to handle more cargo)

Also, the Fleetstar should be able to carry all liquid cargos like water, refined products, (liquid) fertilizer, chemicals, plastic, etc.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Looks like you spaced everything correctly, but the areas of transparent blue are still not the same size as in my template. I think I'll just try creating an extra code template for it.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:Looks like you spaced everything correctly, but the areas of transparent blue are still not the same size as in my template. I think I'll just try creating an extra code template for it.
I used the same template from the fleetstar so what ever you did for that should work, just need to include the empty + 3 loading stages. BTW, which do you think would be better for generic cargo? Light Grey or Dark Grey?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

How about a cover on the cargo?

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:How about a cover on the cargo?
I guess that could work, though Im a bit busy to do it, so I guess for now maybe use one of the grey cargos to represent anything that isn't covered yet (like scrap metal, stone, linestone, fertilizer, etc)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Maybe we should use PMs more, I noticed this whole page is just back-and-forth dialogue :P

Elcamo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Elcamo »

Is it possible to make multi-car trams? If so, it would be awesome to have small light rail trains running on street car tracks, they would be small 4 wheeled rolling stock with a small electric loco pulling them. Capacity would be small and the loco's wouldn't have much power, however they would be cheap to run.

Heres some ideas for locos:

//img.youtube.com/vi/-rJo32Q7U_k/0.jpg[/img]
more info: http://www.trolleymuseum.org/exhibits/ASL100.php

I've been to that musuem in person, it's a really cool place to check out and I highly reccomend it.

Heres a few random picks of locos for inspiration:
The Mack
Last edited by Hyronymus on 01 Mar 2011 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed some links, they were incorrect and broke the tables.

Return to “Graphics Development”