Oil Rig for Snowland and Desert

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Oil Rig for Snowland and Desert

Post by SirkoZ »

Here is a new .GRF for some Oil Riggin' in Sub-arctic and Sub-tropical terrains.
Like in Temperate terrain the oil rigs appear at over 1960 (while playing a map and not at its generation).
Of course to avoid doubles - this .GRF disables itself in Temperate and Toyland terrains.

Source and .GRF:
oilrigsd.nfo
NFO_source
(934 Bytes) Downloaded 747 times
oilrigsd.grf
.GRF
(152 Bytes) Downloaded 1192 times
I'll also post it on the GRFcrawler and Fruity_dl_page.
bungy52
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Oil Rig for Snowland and Desert

Post by bungy52 »

Hello to my friend and who has created the Oil Rig for Troipic as well as for Snowland. And congratulations to you my dear friend and for doing this. Just some ctritism and if I may. Firstly I like to play Tropic/Desert maps. And after putting in your .grf I have so far ended up and with more than 150 oil rigs! Which I suggesting to you is bordering and on the ridiculous. And also I like to use the Manual Industries set. To mostly prevent industries from constantly opening & closing. And because there is nothing more annoying than to spend a lot of money connecting and to some industry and by rail. Only to see it close down and before you can get the first train rolling. And I have noticed that despite this Manual Industry set, some but not all of your oil rigs have closed down. Can I suggest that about 10 oil rigs per map is sufficient. And that they shouldn't be closing down and when The Manual Industry Set is also loaded. And that you go back to the drawing board and create a Mark II and of you oil rig set for desert and alpine climates. And come up with a much better version. Cause your idea idea was a very good one. Thanks again.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

bungy52 wrote:And that they shouldn't be closing down and when The Manual Industry Set is also loaded.
Please note that the Manual Industries grf only works with no other industry sets loaded. See also http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/index.p ... industries, or the Manual Industries readme.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Thanks for the nice words, bungy52; 150 oil rigs?
Oh my. :lol:
What kind of map size are you running (1024x1024)?
I know I set the .grf so that at least 3 rigs are built (randomly - and kept). For number limiter I'd probably have to put in place some building rules which I haven't yet started because there is no good explanation how to do it in the .grf specs. I also wouldn't want to confine them to only borderline areas, because they come in handy for a scenario with more water...
If of course there is another - simple - way to control the upper limit of instances, it would perhaps be applicable.
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

bungy52: I assume you are playing with OpenTTD 1.0.x. You should try the nightlies or 1.1 betas, likely the industry counts behave a lot better there.

If you are using this GRF together with Manual Industries (with disabled industry construction) I am not surprised when OpenTTD 1.0.x spawns quite a lot OilRigs.
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁

Return to “Graphics Releases”