NewTree, NoGridLand & ArcticRemoveSnow

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Honza_
Engineer
Engineer

NewTree, NoGridLand & ArcticRemoveSnow

Post by Honza_ »

Here I present NewGRFs from my magic workshop. These ones affect only graphics.

No Grid Land
NoGridLand
Makes edges of all landtiles smooth, so no grids appear. Done for all climates. Could interfere with another graphics set which changes tiles, so experiment with newgrf order to achieve the desired look. No parametres.

Arctic remove snow
ArcticRemoveSnow
For those who dont like shiny arctic snow. Subtitutes all snow graphic with temperate one. If another newgrf with snow sprites loaded (e.g. some cargo set with new snowy factories), it will of course show the snowy graphics. No parametres.

New Trees
NewTree
Is something like sequel from Stolen Trees set. I like that very much, so I make it slightly better by rescaling trees, so now they grow from smallest to full bloom. No parametres.

Check these screenshots:
temp.png
Temperate with no grids and new trees
(320.22 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
snow.png
Arctic with no grids
(308.38 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
desert.png
Desert with no grids
(218.43 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by Honza_ on 09 Dec 2010 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: NewTree, NoGridLand & ArcticRemoveSnow

Post by planetmaker »

Honza_ wrote: Arctic remove snow
ArcticRemoveSnow
For those who dont like shiny arctic snow. Subtitutes all snow graphic with temperate one.
I don't understand the reason for this newgrf. It's easy as pie to set the snowline height to something higher than what can occur ingame... care to elaborate more / post a screenshot of that and what would be the difference to a normal arctic scenario without snow?

And please attach the screenshots to this forum. External sites are slow and your image sizes break the page layout.
Honza_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Honza_ »

planetmaker wrote: I don't understand the reason for this newgrf. It's easy as pie to set the snowline height to something higher than what can occur ingame
Dear planetmaker,
because as stated on wiki:
"WARNING: Some code in TTD assumes that the snow line will remain constant: Some industries are built only above/below snowline and assume that the snow line won't move when they're already built. Similarly, snowy houses on arctic will still appear snowy even when the snow disappears around them. If you want to use this feature, make sure to counter these effects by overriding arctic houses and industries with snow-aware versions."

This newgrf only substitutes graphics and is mainly considered to be ran as static grf (e.g. if you join a server with some settings, Remove Snow will still apply). Moving with snowline would cause problems with industries or servers settings, or it will overwrite one of these, so no remove of snow would happen. At least this is how I thought it works.
It is a fact that arctic without snow is sad thing, but there are people who dont like shiny snow because their eyes get hurt.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Honza_ wrote: This newgrf only substitutes graphics and is mainly considered to be ran as static grf (e.g. if you join a server with some settings, Remove Snow will still apply).
It is a fact that arctic without snow is sad thing, but there are people who dont like shiny snow because their eyes get hurt.
Right. Using it as a static newgrf on a server which actually runs a (partially) snowy landscape makes sense. I didn't think of that - especially as I always though removing snow from arctic is a sad thing ;-)
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

No Grid Land + New Trees = cool :)
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

include a newtree for artic? testw.grf already does that, since you based on the other stolen tree set, why not add that in?
Haskey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Haskey »

Why NoGridLand don't use OpenGFX's sea/lakes graphics... It looks great. But with this grf sea/lakes look like classic TTD :(
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

There is OpenGFX+ Landscape, though it's still at an early stage of development.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

Honza, Good work! and Thanks!
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Nice! Great job! :D
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Jones & Co., 29th Aug 1951.png
(243.54 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
:bow: We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Will post a nice screenshot when I get a chance with NoGridLand, NewTree, and my eclectic mix of North American style GRFs. 8)

I actually caught myself just sitting back and watching the trains run the other day. NARS 2 late steam and early diesel, '50s buses and trucks from eGRVTS (mine and th AIs') running around, and street traffic courtesy of Town Cars.

Edit: Here's a nice one. Train 1 with a brand-new Baldwin "Sharknose" RF-16 on the point unloads wood and loads lumber at Cedar Rapids Valley. Train 2 (the MacKellar switcher) has just been given a former EMD F7 road unit, as the Alco S2 was underpowered for the job. Just behind the station, Budd RDC #4 is loading passengers for Cedar Rapids.

luk3Z wrote:No Grid Land + New Trees = cool :)
Last edited by ostlandr on 18 Jan 2011 12:24, edited 2 times in total.
Who is John Galt?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

/me wonders why there are two exactly, identical, same, twin screenshots ... :roll:
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Me wonders, too- and wonders even more why when I tried to delete one, they both went. . . :?:
wallyweb wrote:/me wonders why there are two exactly, identical, same, twin screenshots ... :roll:
Who is John Galt?

Return to “Graphics Releases”