help with zimmlocks mod 'the serpent'

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

nuubboy
Engineer
Engineer

help with zimmlocks mod 'the serpent'

Post by nuubboy »

yes well i recently downloaded zimmlocks senceario the serpent yet i couldnt play because it stated that i was missing a componant, but i had intsalled the required mods. any advicehere? (ps i uninstalled EVERYTHING and starting a clean sheet) :?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: help with zimmlocks mod 'the serpent'

Post by Illegal_Alien »

More info and you have read the readme? As it seems you didnt.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

He also like many other newbies didn't use the search button ?( , because there is a lot of information to be found on the forums about this tough scenario...Just type in the right search-word and voila everything you need to know appears on the screen.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45227

Here's also a lot of information to be found on the Serpent...

Good Luck !!!
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Pffft READ the README :!: and do exactly what is written there then you ll be fine
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
nuubboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuubboy »

id like to point which i did not, was that i did read the read me and did what it told me to do. sorry for not pointing that out
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, what is it missing then? Rather obvious to give that info...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
pullin4u
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pullin4u »

I have to say I am disappointed that after all these years the forum still is filled with snarky responses to questions...no wonder the forum doesn't see more activity. Not everyone is on the same level with the game that we forum "veterans" are, and quite honestly the search engine on this forum is a bit finicky at times and will not always give the best results. If I had a dollar (or a euro) for everytime I see a post that doesn't answer the asked question, but merely directs the poster to use the forum search I'd be rich.

With all that said, the original post was indeed a bit vague and could have used more information so as to narrow down exactly what the problem was.

I certainly am not pointing fingers or trying to step on anyone's toes...but if this forum intends to be *THE* destination for people wanting information on TT, TTD, TTDP, OTTD, and LoMo it might be wise to encourage newbies rather than scare them off. The entire franchise is old and perhaps dead, so every newcomer to this forum has already had to do research just to find it...adding more users to the base can only be a good thing.

Just my $.02 worth.
-------------------
George Widener
-------------------
Yes, I do "drive" trains for a living. Celebrating 16 years behind the throttle in January '11.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, stop posting offtopic then. And if you have problems here put it into forum suggestions.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

pullin4u wrote:I have to say I am disappointed that after all these years the forum still is filled with snarky responses to questions...no wonder the forum doesn't see more activity. Not everyone is on the same level with the game that we forum "veterans" are, and quite honestly the search engine on this forum is a bit finicky at times and will not always give the best results.
I have to admid that not everything can be found on the forum via the search-engine, but if you search on 1 or 2 words you can find a lot...And the Serpent is a well known scenario by now. If you know how to download it, you can also search the forums for help...I had problems with the serpent too at first...But if you put "Serpent" in the search-engine a lot of forumtopics show up about this scenario...If you fill in something like"I need help on objects for the Serpent" it's unclear...Just use 1 or 2 words and you'll be fine :wink:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Right, nuubboy, your posts are a bit vague and you are still yet to tell us exactly what you are missing. The Serpent is a difficult map to get working correctly, if you are new to the game it may be a bit advanced for you still.

pullin4u, although the OP was directed to use the search function, in the same post a link was given directly to the Serpent's thread where plenty of help could be found. Now as you've said, new users probably had to do a bit of research to get here. Why do so many make so little effort when they do get here? We seem to have a wave of new users who want everything doing for them and it gets very frustrating answering the same questions over and over again.

As usual, I shall repeat myself again. This goes for everyone, if you have nothing useful to say then don't say anything. If you don't like something, use the report post button and let the moderation team decide the best course of action.

Let this subject die, stay on topic and help the OP please.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
nuubboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuubboy »

:!: im sorry creating this fuss moderaters :cry: when i go in-game it states its missing USP/(MANY NUMBERS) luckly i made a backup :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . but yeah unles someone is willing to pass me there objdat file/ scenarios, which will proberly never happen. :( but yh its proberly best just to give up on getting the scene working. but thanks for all of your help, your too kind. im sorry for causing a big fuss i hope this does not break any rules or regulations or code of conducts etc etc. cheers nubbboy
ps im in trouble now arnt i?
EDIT>>>
ps im sorry for not making it clear to the veterans :oops:
TheSpeedy09
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheSpeedy09 »

Hi,
nuubboy wrote:... when i go in-game it states its missing USP/(MANY NUMBERS)
You should try the best tool ever. :) No, not the search.
On this site: http://www.amitrains.co.uk/trains.php
It is called: LocoSAA Tool to check save games and scenarios for installed dats

Then you know what you are missing. :wink:

PS:
The search works great. The only thing is that you have to know the right word you search. Lets get back to topic. :roll:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

nuubboy wrote:but yeah unles someone is willing to pass me there objdat file/ scenarios, which will proberly never happen.
I'm sorry, but you probebly didn't know about this as well...People can't send there objects if they aren't the creator of that particilar object. This has to do with rights for creators, and that's one of the major rules on these forums...that you can't share stuff that has been made by other people without permission from the original creators...

Speedy is right about that tool, it's really the best and helped me as well. Just open the program, open the scenario/saved game with it and press on decode after selecting the missing dat box on the right. A list shows up wich files you are missing...

Make a copy of that list, put it here in the topic so that everybody can see what you are missing and then point you to the right direction where those missing dat.files can be found...

Don't give up on this one that quick...The Serpent is a great scenario wich will give you a great challenge and probebly hours/days of fun to complete (It sure gave me lots of fun and still does today). If you know a little more about the game you can also edit the scenario with industries on you're own to create a great challenge for yourself...

Good luck with it and when we know what dat.files you are missing the people here would surely wan't to help you to get this scenario up and running !!! :wink:

(I don't think I'm a forum veteran yet :) , only got 180+ messages, but I do a lot of reading...That's how I learned most of the editing stuff etc)
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Badger wrote: We seem to have a wave of new users who want everything doing for them and it gets very frustrating answering the same questions over and over again.
:oops: Okay thats my fault, its because of my YouTube clips we have a wave of new commers who want to play The Serpent. I get requests dayly "O where can i get those locomotives" "were can i DL that scenario" "how you do that how you do this" In general people do not read, not the head lines on my clips, not the readme files, i all send them here and to AMItrains.
I am well aware The Serpent scenario isnt the most easy one but the Serpent Thread here on the forums is to my opinion clear enough.
Best regards
Zimmlock
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
nuubboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuubboy »

TheSpeedy09 wrote:Hi,
nuubboy wrote:... when i go in-game it states its missing USP/(MANY NUMBERS)
You should try the best tool ever. :) No, not the search.
On this site: http://www.amitrains.co.uk/trains.php
It is called: LocoSAA Tool to check save games and scenarios for installed dats

Then you know what you are missing. :wink:

PS:
The search works great. The only thing is that you have to know the right word you search. Lets get back to topic. :roll:
Cheers bud i shall have a look and download
cheers nuubboy
nuubboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuubboy »

wwwhhhaaaaaooooooo A LOT of things arnt installed
SND142HO : --- Not installed!!! ---
SND142MO : --- Not installed!!! ---
SND1CHIM : --- Not installed!!! ---
SND412W1 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SND412W2 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDACLEN : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDACLHO : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDD70FA : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDD70HO : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDSD40E : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDSD40H : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDTR3 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDUATEN : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDUATHO : --- Not installed!!! ---
SNDUSB01 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SIGCUS1 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SIGDWARF : --- Not installed!!! ---
SIGUSGN1 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SIGUSGN2 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SIGUSGO1 : --- Not installed!!! ---
SIGUSGO2 : --- Not installed!!! ---
FLYOVER : --- Not installed!!! ---
TRSTAFRT : --- Not installed!!! ---
TRSTAINV : --- Not installed!!! ---
and so on and forth so im going to just install all sets from ami into lomo (seems best) unless told other wise.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, the serpent readme should have give you a list of what to install. As already stated in a post: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=907445#p907445. So start clean again and do it the way its says it has to be installed.
nuubboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuubboy »

thanks for the help guys of TT fourms :)):)):))
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

Maybe we should make a new users landing topic?
one that when Zimmlock is questioned he can point to which explains Modding, how it works. the things to look out for, and serves as a quick introduction?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Erm his topic has the info, in the FAQ section is the info you need, the search gives you info. The sticky`s give you info, the readme`s gives you info...

Some people only seem to be lacking the skill to use them.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”