FREE COOL STUFF! [not anymore...]

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

FREE COOL STUFF! [not anymore...]

Post by BobXP »

Now that I got your attention...

Remember the thread on my simulation game? I'm not gonna call it a tt-clone so don't. Anyway I think I've figured out how to get the isometrics working, but I need some isometric graphics before I can continue. These are:

Flat land; grass
Bridge pieces; I say pieces because they're not needed for bridges but for something else, just the up, middle and down :wink: They should have grass on them, not road/rail or anything
Houses; the more the better
Rail pieces; same types as in TTD (with no background)
Rail stations (NO DEPOTS!!!)

All these should be the same size/shape as the TTD ones, but I don't just want to get them all out of the grf file because I want unique ones, also the rails have backrounds and I'm a bit out of practice with using GRFCodec. :roll:

Oh, and if anyone actually wanted free cool stuff, http://projects.bobxp.cjb.net. HAH! :lol: 8)
Last edited by BobXP on 21 Jul 2003 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
<!-- End Of Post !-->
lynsey
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lynsey »

aaah! i was meant to be doing some stuff for you on that was i not? crickey, totally went straight out my head, this time around i will make myself do something and remember to do it!
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Ok, forget everything I've said on the subject so far. :D

I'm going to release a 3d-vector-drawing-program in a few weeks/months/years (delete as appropriate :D ) to create buildings and stuff for WC. What's the point of this? Well, while rethinking about how WC's going to work, I discovered that the water and land would look pretty crappy and unrealistic. So, I've decided to make WC a vector driven program rather than sprite driven.

So why vector driven?
:idea: Smooth rivers and any gradient land.
:idea: Better coloring.
:idea: Easier to make your own buildings and the like.

There are a few disadvantages though:
:!: More time needed to make the engine.
:!: Requires the vector graphics to be saved in a compatible format, rather than just ordinary sprites.
<!-- End Of Post !-->
lynsey
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lynsey »

Sounds like it will look good though, and when something looks good it earns respect!
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

:D
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

When will a site be made for it?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Did you not read (see attachment)?

World Control is on holiday, while I get to fixing my damn annoying site.

[edit]BTW, LilMan, look in the blue circle...[/edit]
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

lol 1234...1236 now
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Hmmmm, I just realized: Since ATM I can't put any fills other than boxes, and filling the areas HomeWorker style would be disasterous! So, get spriting! As I'm gonna have to resort to sprites, I'll need sloped land and flat & sloped water too.
<!-- End Of Post !-->

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”