Parlez-vous français? (french speaking countries scenario ;)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

Parlez-vous français? (french speaking countries scenario ;)

Post by saucissedetoulouse »

The 1st version of the scenario is released ! Yeah !

This version includes :

This version V1.0 includes :

- a very big map : 2048*2048

- including all metropolitan France (including Corsica) (as a matter of fact, it also includes Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland)

- TONS of cities in their exact locations. Representing more than 525 000 inhabitants.
All the area of France, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg are covered with towns. Spanish, English, German, and Italian part have only the major cities.

I tried to reflect the best the population of the towns. So ALL the cities in the game have their population that is 1/100 of the city real population. ex : Toulouse has about 440 000 inhabitants in real, 4 441 in the game.

They all have their "local" name. french name for french cities, spanish name for spanish cities, flemish or french for belgian cities...
I put all the biggest towns, a thing that is not possible in big urban areas. For example, Paris has only Creteil as a neighbouring city (Versailles, Evry, Cergy, Melun, Meaux, Chantilly a bit further).

Except the ones in the parisian area, all the cities of more than 40-50 000 inhabitants are on the map.
After these ones, I've tried to put most of the cities with 10 000 or more inhabitants. Then I put smaller ones in small density areas while trying to leave these areas with low density, particularly some relatively known but small cities. As an example, the South West (from Bordeaux to Perpignan) is the more precise region (as it's the one I know the most)

Major cities : Paris, Milano, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Köln, Torino, Marseille, Frankfurt am Main, Zaragoza, Genova, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Antwerpen, Lyon, Toulouse, Zürich, Nice, Bilbao, Wuppertal, Bonn, Mannheim, Valladolid, Wiesbaden, Karlsruhe, Strasbourg, Nantes, Mönchengladbach, Aachen, Montpellier...

- Lots of rivers and canals. Major ones : Garonne, Loire, Seine, Garonne, Rhin, Saône, Dordogne, Durance, Ebre, Vienne, Allier, Adour, canal du midi and many more

- No industries

Older post :
Hello Guys, you'll probably guess I'm french by my name and the title of my post :p

Even if I'm new here, I'm FAR from new at Transport Tycoon.
Recently, I've been playing quite a while with the SouWest France scenario (excellent one btw, if the creator of this is around, i'd love to be in touch)) and have since been looking for a scenario based on France and never found a satisfying one.
So I decided to create one.

I wanted :

- a very big map : 2048*2048
- including all metropolitan France (including Corsica) (as a matter of fact, it also includes Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland)
- cities in their exact locations.
- only cities (I might make a version including industries later) with their real population
- including major rivers and lakes

Here are some pictures. The first version is not over yet but I hope soon enough.

So far, All the coasts are done, and mostly all the south of France.
Lots of cities are built, with 1 person for 100 in real life. Marseille has 8533 inhabitants (and 852 400 in real life)

I'm waiting for all your advise, for instance on "credibility" and playability. Don't hesitate please.
Attachments
FRANCE v1.0.scn
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
Last edited by saucissedetoulouse on 22 Sep 2010 16:20, edited 3 times in total.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Parlez-vous français? (french speaking countries scenario ;)

Post by romazoon »

Hi

Awesome, i ve been looking myself for the same as you ! a realistic france ! :wink:

I looked at screenshots and it looks quite good at the moment ! :D

If i could be of any help with this one do not hesitate to ask me :mrgreen:

Can t wait to see more :mrgreen:
labalag
Engineer
Engineer

Post by labalag »

Oui, je parle français.

The scenario looks very interesting, can't wait too see more of it.
I wasn't born an idiot, I was raised one...
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Can I see the Swiss region? I might be able to help there. Also, being in Saint Avold at the moment, I can help with areas between here and Strasbourg, and towards Basel.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

Hi guys,
thanks a lot for your answers. It's motivating to see that ;o)

All the coasts and south of France (including Corsica) are done. Major cities of Italian, Spanish and English part of the map are done.
Switzerland is half done (90% of French Swiss part done), Belgium is almost done as all north of France, down to Paris. Some areas around Paris have to be updated.
But mostly, what needs to be completely done before having a quite interesting beta version is the center and East of France.

If some of you want to have a save of it in order to give me some advise, I can send it to you !

PS : here are a couple more pix
Attachments
corsica.png
(90.55 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
geneva_lake.png
(112.13 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
north.png
(75.98 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

This looks good - hopefully it may spring some sort of action in the French Train set. Also, you could download my Swiss scenario and use that to place a lot of the cities in Switzerland, particularly south of Aigle and north of Lausanne in your pic.
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

things are taking a bit longer than expected, but i'm still on my way to do it.

Belgium seems to be done, have a look and don't hesitate, i have time to change things ;o)

If you have any comments about density, cause some regions like Belgium seem to me very dense. Is it still playable ?
Attachments
Belgium east.png
(91.1 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Belgium west.png
(80.87 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Well about the density, it is indeed playable for the maddest of us :twisted: ... or by letting on the side many villages :? !!

And i was wondering how do you select cities to be or not on your map? and do you reflect their population to anything real or not?

Keep the good work saucisse de toulouse ! all france and more is waiting for your scenario :bow:
First ZERO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by First ZERO »

nice nice nice ! keep the good job !
Bleedin' 4 haRdeRstYleZ
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

This map looks very good! :D

I will play it some day, eventhough im not french :)

How is progress with the Paris region?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I will play it some day, eventhough im not french
I don't think that is a necessary requirement :P
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

Hey guys, it is very motivating to see your interest. I'll try to answer the questions here.

I plan to post the first version of this scenario next week.

I might post a bêta version tonight if some of you tell me that they want to have a look at the map and give me some feedback. With the help of your feedback, I'll post the version V1.0 next week.

This version V1.0 will include :
- TONS of cities. Representing more than 400 000 inhabitants.
All the area of France, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg are covered with towns. Spanish, English, German, and Italian part will have only the major cities.
I tried to reflect the best the population of the towns. So ALL the cities in the game have their population that is 1/100 of the city real population. ex : Toulouse has about 440 000 inhabitants in real, 4 441 in the game.
They all have their "local" name. french name for french cities, spanish name for spanish cities, flemish or french for belgian cities...

How did I choose them ? I tried to put all the biggest towns, and most of the ones with more than 10 000 inhabitants, a thing that is not possible in big urban areas. For example, Paris has only Creteil as a neighbouring city (Versailles, Evry, Cergy, Melun, Meaux, Chantilly a bit further).
Except the ones in the parisian area, all the cities of more than 40-50 000 inhabitants are on the map.
After these ones, I've tried to put most of the cities with 10 000 or more inhabitants. Then I put smaller ones in small density areas while trying to leave these areas with low density, particularly some relatively known but small cities. As an example, the South West (from Bordeaux to Perpignan) is the more precise region (as it's the one I know the most)

Major cities : Paris, Milano, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Koln, Torino, Marseille, Frankfurt am Main, Zaragoza, Genova, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf,, Antwerpen, Lyon, Toulouse, Zürich, Nice, Bilbao, Wupertal, Bonn, Mannheim, Valladolid, Wiesbaden, Karlsruhe, Strasbourg, Nantes

- Lots of rivers and canals. Major ones : Garonne, Loire, Seine, Garonne, Rhin, Saône, Dordogne, Durance, Ebre, Vienne, Allier, Adour, canal du midi and many more

- No industries

A question : is it possible to prevent creation of industries during the game ?
Attachments
cotedazur.png
(108.42 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
loire_rhone.png
(133.59 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
labalag
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Parlez-vous français? (french speaking countries scenari

Post by labalag »

I'd love to test it, though I could only give my opinion on the Belgian map...
I wasn't born an idiot, I was raised one...
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

The 1st version of the scenario is released ! Yeah ! :D

This version includes :

This version V1.0 includes :
- TONS of cities. Representing more than 525 000 inhabitants.
All the area of France, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg are covered with towns. Spanish, English, German, and Italian part have only the major cities.

I put all the biggest towns, a thing that is not possible in big urban areas. For example, Paris has only Creteil as a neighbouring city (Versailles, Evry, Cergy, Melun, Meaux, Chantilly a bit further).

Major cities : Paris, Milano, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Köln, Torino, Marseille, Frankfurt am Main, Zaragoza, Genova, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Antwerpen, Lyon, Toulouse, Zürich, Nice, Bilbao, Wuppertal, Bonn, Mannheim, Valladolid, Wiesbaden, Karlsruhe, Strasbourg, Nantes, Mönchengladbach, Aachen, Montpellier...

- No industries

You can find the scenario file in the first post !
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Wow you made a very good job! :D

Its a really big map with lots of cities! You must have spent so many hours on placing the cities and rivers.
Some corners of the map looks a bit empty (Germany and Spain), but its a map of France, so the other countries do not need to be as detailed.

However, i suggest you put London on the map, eventhough it is a bit outside the map in reality. If London was there, the Eurostar trains would be possible to make :)
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

thanks Jimbow. Yes, I spent days on this map...

I'll think about London, you're actually right, we miss the Eurostar, argh, I haven't thought about it before. too bad....
I think I'll add London yes...
I might update the corners of Germany and Spain in a further version.
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

not a single comment ? :p

well, I hope the guys that downloaded it liked it. I might post another version.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hey

I finally found some time to try your scenario, it s looking great ! So much details !

I ve been so long hoping to see such a great map of france ! thanks a lot !
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Of cause your nice map earn some comments :)

I have been playing with your map, and it's very good!
It's a big map, so it takes a long time to build the railways.
In my game a have connected Paris with the meditarrainan coast of France, Geneve, Grenoble, Figures, San Remo and Limoges.

Eventhough i have connected many cities, only a small part of the map is covered with rails. So i have a long way to go, if i want to connect all cities :)

I plan to do the most important routes of the french network, and then build the TGV network. This will take long time, because I play with other maps too, and i don't know the french network in details.

I can upload some screenshots of the network if you like.
saucissedetoulouse
Engineer
Engineer

thanks guys !

I will check your pictures for sure with a big pleasure.

On my game I have created most of the network in the south of France, from Toulon to Marseille, Montpellier, Perpignan, Toulouse, Brive, Bordeaux, Biarritz. It takes time for sure ! ;o)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”