[OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 28, 2016)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 14, 2010)

Post by kamnet »

NEW SCREENSHOTS, JULY 14, 2010

I started a new game, looking for some more variety in my graphics and layout. I added the recently-released VAST (which, I admit, I only used at one station, I only set up one passenger station though), discovered Jezulkim's Stations and the forerunner to ISR, Container Freight Station & Harbor (which has some nice graphics not included in ISR). This is also my first game using FIRS, which I found very enjoyable. Andythenorth has worked very hard to develop a nice set of graphics and industries with a variety of layouts, has definitely picked up the realism factor for me. I also played this game using Chill's Patchpack which includes increased heightlevels (which didn't come into much of a factor here) and Cargo Distribution (which I GREATLY enjoy, can't wait for this to become a part of the core game!). Also has the daylength patch, which allowed me to play this game out at a much more realistic pace. I may have made it too slow, though, because after 20 years of gameplay I got to a point where I didn't think the rest of the board had advanced very far and I'm now bored so I'm abandoning it. :-)

Anyhow, on to the screenshots! No big stories this time, really.
Attachments
A small grain elevator cooperative serving five area farms, all the grain goes to the Vancouver Bakery Co.
A small grain elevator cooperative serving five area farms, all the grain goes to the Vancouver Bakery Co.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19.png (961.86 KiB) Viewed 7318 times
City of Vancouver, including the Vancouver Baking Co (lower-right corner) and the scrapyard, which delivers scrap to the nearby industrial park.
City of Vancouver, including the Vancouver Baking Co (lower-right corner) and the scrapyard, which delivers scrap to the nearby industrial park.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#3.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 7318 times
Vancouver Industrial Park which includes (counter-clockwise) an aluminum plant, fertilizer plant, cold storage facility, small storage rental, plastics factory, a cement plant and wholesale warehouse.
Vancouver Industrial Park which includes (counter-clockwise) an aluminum plant, fertilizer plant, cold storage facility, small storage rental, plastics factory, a cement plant and wholesale warehouse.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#1.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 7318 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

More
Attachments
Steel mill butted up next to a sand quarry.
Steel mill butted up next to a sand quarry.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#2.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 7315 times
Bauxite and coal mine operations. The coal mine accepts coal from other smaller mines in the area, all distributed to the steel mill in the previous screenshot. The bauxite is sent to the Vancouver aluminum plant.
Bauxite and coal mine operations. The coal mine accepts coal from other smaller mines in the area, all distributed to the steel mill in the previous screenshot. The bauxite is sent to the Vancouver aluminum plant.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#4.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 7315 times
Edmonton Manufacturing, which accepts the aluminum and steel, and combines it with manufacturing supplies from other vendors in the area to distribute them several operations in Edmonton. <br /><br />Also seen is a grain farm, which distributes to two breweries and a bakery in Edmonton.
Edmonton Manufacturing, which accepts the aluminum and steel, and combines it with manufacturing supplies from other vendors in the area to distribute them several operations in Edmonton.

Also seen is a grain farm, which distributes to two breweries and a bakery in Edmonton.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#5.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 7315 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

More
Attachments
City of Edmonston, which includes a sand quarry, next to it is the bakery (I hope the baked goods don't end up with sand in them!) and the brewery, which put out a few hundred tons of food and beverages a week. <br /><br />In the lower-left side of the picture we see a second brewery next to the junkyard. A second junkyard operation in the bottom right screen feeds into the other, all that scrap is sent to the previously seen steel mill. <br /><br />Just above the junkyard there's a centralized goods station on one side and a bus terminal on the other.
City of Edmonston, which includes a sand quarry, next to it is the bakery (I hope the baked goods don't end up with sand in them!) and the brewery, which put out a few hundred tons of food and beverages a week.

In the lower-left side of the picture we see a second brewery next to the junkyard. A second junkyard operation in the bottom right screen feeds into the other, all that scrap is sent to the previously seen steel mill.

Just above the junkyard there's a centralized goods station on one side and a bus terminal on the other.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#6.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 7313 times
Here we see Edmonston Station, which provides passenger and mail service to Vancouver and Dauphin. Near it is a truckstop/layover that was just built. Bottom of the screen is the Edmonston fruit farm.
Here we see Edmonston Station, which provides passenger and mail service to Vancouver and Dauphin. Near it is a truckstop/layover that was just built. Bottom of the screen is the Edmonston fruit farm.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#7.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 7313 times
Edmonston Meat Packing, which uses two nearby farms not pictured.
Edmonston Meat Packing, which uses two nearby farms not pictured.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#8.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 7313 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

More
Attachments
Nearby iron ore mine, which accepts iron from two nearby feeders and sends it to an area steel mill. Next to it is a sawmill that accepts wood from two nearby forests.
Nearby iron ore mine, which accepts iron from two nearby feeders and sends it to an area steel mill. Next to it is a sawmill that accepts wood from two nearby forests.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#9.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 7312 times
The aforementioned steel mill, and a machine shop, which produces farm supplies for the area farms as well as engineering supplies which go right back into the aforementioned ores and forests, thus creating a self-sustaining loop.
The aforementioned steel mill, and a machine shop, which produces farm supplies for the area farms as well as engineering supplies which go right back into the aforementioned ores and forests, thus creating a self-sustaining loop.
Nelson & Co., 1960-03-19#10.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 7312 times
And the aforementioned forests, as well as another iron ore mine.
And the aforementioned forests, as well as another iron ore mine.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated July 14, 2010)

Post by Kogut »

Vancouver Industrial Park is stunning!
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

are you really trying to say Edsmonton? not edmonton?
Check out some of my work
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

bwong wrote:are you really trying to say Edsmonton? not edmonton?
Probably. I butcher town names all the time. This will be fixed when I get off my duff and create the "American-style Town Names" NewGRF. No more "Southhampton-on-sea" sitting in the middle of a desert! Instead you'll be served with towns such as "Lincoln", "Maryville" and "Dead Beaver Bluff". :lol:
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Lincoln is as American as Paris!
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln,_Nebraska
There are many city names in USA copied from other countries.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Zephyris wrote:Lincoln is as American as Paris!
In America, Lincoln is usually named in honor of Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, and almost every state has a town with that name. So, with that respect, it is pretty American. Paris will be a name I leave out, even though there's over a dozen towns in the USA named either "Paris" or "New Paris". Unless we start a popular craze naming our cities after Paris Hilton. Which would be pretty funny. And tragic.
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

kamnet wrote: This will be fixed when I get off my duff and create the "American-style Town Names" NewGRF.
Such a NewGrf already exists. It can be found HERE. The names come in two flavors: Famous (New York, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.) and Ordinary (not so recognizable unless you live near them).
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Nite Owl wrote:
kamnet wrote: This will be fixed when I get off my duff and create the "American-style Town Names" NewGRF.
Such a NewGrf already exists. It can be found HERE. The names come in two flavors: Famous (New York, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.) and Ordinary (not so recognizable unless you live near them).
Neat! Wasn't aware that existed! Taking a look at it, though, it's not big enough or generic enough for my tastes. I'd like to make a set that takes advantages of combining names like the original TTD/OTTD does. For example, having towns named Fort Lewis, Lewistown and Louis Park.
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated July 14, 2010

Post by kamnet »

Nothing really stunning to crow about here, I got bored this evening and thought I'd see how complex a rail I could make in mountain areas without terraforming too much.
A looping spiral from deep in a valley starts our route over one set of mountains.
A looping spiral from deep in a valley starts our route over one set of mountains.
Plundale Transport, 1960-06-22.png (128.83 KiB) Viewed 6613 times
A series of hairpin curves on the other side lead us down to our next station.
A series of hairpin curves on the other side lead us down to our next station.
Plundale Transport, 1960-06-23.png (107.61 KiB) Viewed 6613 times
A short, straight section connects to our third down, and from there a switchback starts the next long route over the mountains.
A short, straight section connects to our third down, and from there a switchback starts the next long route over the mountains.
Plundale Transport, 1960-06-24.png (116.6 KiB) Viewed 6613 times
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated January 7, 20

Post by kamnet »

Overall screenshots of our four towns.
Attachments
Plundale Transport, 1960-06-28.png
Plundale Transport, 1960-06-28.png (863.82 KiB) Viewed 6611 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

is that the extra heightlevels patch???

i like the looks of that heightmap A LOT, ive been looking for some higher more varied mountain-landscapes a while
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

kamnet wrote:Overall screenshots of our four towns.
heheh

that really looks awesome!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:is that the extra heightlevels patch???

i like the looks of that heightmap A LOT, ive been looking for some higher more varied mountain-landscapes a while
Yes, Extra Heightlevels used in ChillCore's patch pack.
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated July 14, 2010

Post by teccuk »

Kogut wrote:Vancouver Industrial Park is stunning!
Absolutley agree, one of the best shots' i've ever seen. :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've got some nice new screenshots for ya!

Currently playing with ChillCore Patchpack v12_6, and with some of my usual favorite NewGRFs: ISR, DWE, CHIPS, FIRS, HEQS, OpenGFX+ and a boatload of other stuff. This particular game is on a 1024x1024 map, and immediately off-the-bat I found a wonderful cluster of farms and industries that allowed me to immediately set up a nice network.

I've got some nice wide-screen photos that just won't fit here, so instead of my normal in-line photos I'll just link to these.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/01.png
To the left you see the Baldwin Meat Packing plant, with its own stock yards and slaughter house. To the top you see the small town of Baldwin, and to the right the Baldwin Service Depot, which currently serves all the trains on my small route.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/02.png
This is part of a cluster of ten farms that produce livestock, milk and fiber crops. Right now they're only providing livestock to a central stock yard. I just started building up the dairy plant and laying the lines and destinations for that product, and then I'll work on transporting the fiber crops.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/03.png
You see here another cluster of ten other farms nearby that mainly produce livestock and fiber crops, with the livestock again going to another central stock yard.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/04.png
To the left you see my regional machine shop which is producing engineering and farm supplies for all of the mines and farms on my network, it stays pretty busy. To the right of that are the towns of Wallace and Edison, which have a subsidized passenger bus route. To the bottom of this you see a local warehouse that distributes food to those two towns, as well as two other towns that are not seen on the map.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/05.png
To the top left corner you see one of two mines that deliver coal via dump trucks to a huge coal loading station in the middle. To the bottom of this is one of the two oil well sites I have developed. Both are receiving engineering supplies from a small depot in the middle.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/06.png
Here is a small iron ore mine, recently expanded for two trains to handle all of the ore.

http://kam-net.com/ottd/screenshots/2011-04-12/07.png
And finally, my second oil well site that I've started to develop.

Return to “Screenshots”