[OTTD] Fife Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Niall_Wallace
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Fife Scenarios

Post by Niall_Wallace »

I've put up a couple of Fife Scenarios on BaNaNaS to go with the Fife Height Map I uploaded last night.
Or at least I would if it would let me upload the 1950 one.

I've tried to get as many of the towns in the right place as possible, and I've been working from a fairly poor road atlas (my OS is in the car and it's raining)

What does BaNaNaS mean by:
There is arleady a package with the exact same footprint.?
GoldRush
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Fife Scenarios

Post by GoldRush »

Why is it that only newbies actually post their scenarios (not particularly well-made) these days? :roll:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

GoldRush wrote:Why is it that only newbies actually post their scenarios (not particularly well-made) these days? :roll:
I don't know, when can we expect yours?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

GoldRush wrote:Why is it that only newbies actually post their scenarios (not particularly well-made) these days? :roll:
What ? Is this translated as 'only newbies make scenarios'?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Do you ever have anything positive or helpful to say?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
GoldRush
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GoldRush »

Well, it's been quite a while ever since someone who is actually known and experienced around here actually set out on a little scenario project that was actually worthy of posting. And personally, I don't think scenarios that can be easily made in 10 minutes by a 10 year old kid should ever be put on BaNaNa's.

And here's something helpful from me:

FLAT TERRAIN IS BORING!!! :evil:
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

So, my Swiss scenario, for example, was not worth posting? Or the 'flat terrain' of the Alps isn't good enough for you? Looking further afield, I see a USA scenario by Filip Taylor, or the ongoing UK scenarios, or Espee's great heightmaps. To conclude, you're an idiot. And shouting with big capital letters isn't clever.
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

GoldRush wrote:Well, it's been quite a while ever since someone who is actually known and experienced around here actually set out on a little scenario project that was actually worthy of posting. And personally, I don't think scenarios that can be easily made in 10 minutes by a 10 year old kid should ever be put on BaNaNa's.
It is so nice when people make assumptions about people's ages when they have only encountered them on an internet forum. And do you expect that anything ever posted here is always the finished example? This is probably a work in progress, as he does say this:
Niall_Wallace wrote:I've tried to get as many of the towns in the right place as possible, and I've been working from a fairly poor road atlas (my OS is in the car and it's raining)
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Just to end this:
You post your own scenario and we'll see how good it is.
If we think it's rubbish and should never have been posted, we'll shout at you in big CAPITAL letters
[/endofthread]
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I don't want to end this. People are never going to get better at making scenario's if they get shot down and roasted every time they release one whether or not it is finished. I bet GoldRush still plays everyone's scenario's without every any decent feedback. When you release some good, non-FLAT TERRAIN scenario's then maybe you're criticism might be more justified.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

thats what i meant... :roll:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Niall_Wallace
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Niall_Wallace »

Flat?
That was about 2 hours worth of work in demex, yes the hills of fife aren't very high compared to the Ochils or Southern Highlands which appear and I've caught the southern uplands but I don't think it would work too well with out Edinburgh and Dundee so had to fit them in.

And a good few more hours worth in the scenario editor working out where the towns sit.

But it's evident from the responses that goldrush is an arsehole so beyond the above i'm going to ignore him. This forum has an ignore button? I can't remember I've only just got back into TT after a few years off since OTTD wasn't particularly great last time I tried it (about 4 years ago) and I still had a machine I could run TTDLX on at the time.

Of course some useful feedback would have been well useful.
I know I have Newport too big and I've seen that some use a scaling factor for town sizes.
The industries are fairly accurate, up north it's all farms and down south it was all coal mines.
Still needing to find my way through the GRFs to identify what I need as I need paper mills as well.

And I was working a 2nd height map that was limited to Fife cutting out Tayside and Lothian so that I could get the most out of the hills, but the issue I'm having with BaNaNaS means I don't see any point until I'm confident I can actually share it as if I am going to share stuff I'm going to put more emphasis on getting stuff realistic than what I want. Generally for extra industries the randomness of location is fine for me and I don't see any point putting in the real roads, but then I never use road transport out side of towns unless I've got a seriously limited budget at the start of a game.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”