[OTTD] Donchatryit's Screenie Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[OTTD] Donchatryit's Screenie Thread

Post by donchatryit »

Okay, so while I have been playing OTTD for years, good rail design is still new to me. I thought I would develop a nice, efficient network on a fairly small map (256x512) and show you how I get on. The first pic, is a zoomed out view of my network so far, giving you a rough schematic of it.

Only one station is hidden, being just out of the upper right of the screen.
Zoomed out view of my fledgling network
Zoomed out view of my fledgling network
In this second pic, I have taken a close up view of my only real junction so far. It is my cobbled together attempt at a safe four-way junction. Since I built the circular route first (served by a dash in either direction), I didn't want to add to the network at that point, rather than ripping up the track on the circular route. It took time for me to gain enough cash to add the junction (I am playing on Medium) so I had plenty of time to think about it. In time, I would like to give preference to the trains running on the Dindingstone - Ninnford - Nindinghall route. I am not sure how to do that though.

BTW, the isolated track to the right of the station is the track that allows trains to get back into the junction without having to go through the station again. It is a bit of a dogleg but it works.
Four-way junction.
Four-way junction.
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Donchatryit's Screenie Thread

Post by donchatryit »

Well, here I am again. Today I have a mix of screenies to post.

First off, I thought I would post an improved version of my junction. I realised that I could increase station capacity at Ninnford by doubling up the passing tracks. Basically, trains can now use a passing track to head towards the station and call at the station on a southbound platform or they can call at the station on a northbound platform and use a passing track to head South. Here is the new junction.
Improved junction
Improved junction
I don't really want my express trains to get access to the circular route so that is why the junction is skewed away from allowing that. Any ideas on giving the express trains priority?

Next up is a close up view of Ninnford, my busiest rail station, and its surrounding junctions. You can see an express train on one of the passing tracks, heading for a Southbound platform. I might end up improving this layout by blasting the bridges and running a single tunnel along most of the length of the passing tracks. The only problem with this would be signal distance. Any ideas of how I get around this?
Ninnford
Ninnford
My next post will be dedicated to some AI silliness.
hectobar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by hectobar »

looks pretty interesting, however the turns on your junctions are quite sharp and would drasticly decrease train speed.
I'm leaning on a lamp.
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by donchatryit »

Yeah, I have noticed that. I might try and increase junction size or something. I am trying to work out how to improve things for trains coming from the southern end. Apart from that, I would love help on the priorities thing.
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by donchatryit »

The promised AI silliness, with apologies to the author of NoCAB.

First off, when pathfinders go wrong!
How many bridges?
How many bridges?
Next, a hom-ahge to the great British queue.
Buses!
Buses!
Last, a philosophical question, if you travel from three airports in the same town, do you get triple the luggage limit?
Michael O'Leary's dream.
Michael O'Leary's dream.
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by donchatryit »

I am hoping that the 4 week rule doesn't apply to my own thread!

Here are some screenies from my latest game: this time on the Isle of Man scenario. I am trying to only use a mix of rail and light rail.

My first shot is of my attempt at a complex junction. You can see by the waypoints where my only freighter goes.
Complex Junction.png
Three way +1 junction.
(299.51 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The second is posted for people to give me ideas. This station is in the busiest town on the map. As you can see, space is at a premium and my approach to it is, well, not too great. Anyone got any ideas for improving it within the limited space?
Wuborough Stn.png
It'll only get busier!
(344.24 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by donchatryit »

And here is a complex junction from my game on the Isle of Man map. Anyone have any ideas for speeding this up and adding a route from top left to bottom right?
Attachments
IoM Complex Junction.png
(287.47 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Return to “Screenshots”