Trans AI .:19.07.23 :.

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Trans AI .:10.02.27 :. (Rail-less)

Post by fanioz »

Zuu wrote:
changelog wrote:*100228
Removed : Rail service
Added : Aircraft (passenger only) service
Added : Ship service
Added : Tram service
I tired your last version which did well except that it did only build airports. Reading your change log I hoped that it should also build ships and tram service? I loaded the generic tram set.

It might have been that the AI though that air was more profitable, so I turned it off in your AI Settings, but then the AI didn't do anything. I saw that your water connector found two towns close to water which were connected to the same body of water but it never built anything.

Is this intended?

I used a mountainous/rough map but with height distribution = medium so there were still plenty of rather flat areas. (sea-level was set to high)
Of course the theory (and code) should be able to build Bus, Truck, Tram, Airplane, Chopper and Ship. In case that was not happened, it must be an ugly implementation code, which is should / could be fixed in the next release :lol:

The "Water Connector" Limitation :
- max. distance +/- 100 tile (couldn't use buoy yet)
- couldn't terraform a tile to build dock, which is half-sloped instead of flat.

Thanks zuu, for quick test :o
planetmaker wrote:Why not offer it for download via Bananas, too? Btw: Personally I think there's hardly ever the 'right time' (as in perfect) for most things.
Because, I don't feel it was ready to go there. That is "the right time" :P
Oh ... and the last two libraries, still must be downloaded from another thread on this forum instead of Bananas.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English was bad :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Trans AI .:10.03.07 :. (Rail-less)

Post by fanioz »

As the title said.. 10.03.07 was available today, both on the forum and Bananas. :D
(I just hope this was the right time) :lol:

Note : Even if you've downloaded Trans from Bananas, you would still need to download the libraries listed on the 2nd post if you haven't done it before.

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

fanioz wrote:Note : Even if you've downloaded Trans from Bananas, you would still need to download the libraries listed on the 2nd post if you haven't done it before.
Uhm... then put them up on bananas, too, and make them a dependency for your AI. No?
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Congratulations Fanioz on the new release! :D I'm really have that there is another AI available which uses ships as well.
Here are my remarks:
  • Without buoys, ships sometimes get stuck. YAPF for ships solves the problem, though.
  • Please try not to use open ends to turn trams around. They may fail if another player (or even the same company) re-uses that piece of track.
  • The AI seems to transport passengers only, and if I switch to freight-only mode, it doesn't affect planes. The instance on which I tested it kindly asked me to post the savegame here with the 'debugger' sign in view.
transAI error.png
Unnamed, 22nd Jul 1957.sav
(462.36 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
I really appreciate your work, I assume you've been working a lot because it seems to be a major rewrite of the code. Good work! :)
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

It really may be better to put that libraries on bananas.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

planetmaker wrote: Uhm... then put them up on bananas, too, and make them a dependency for your AI. No?
Kogut wrote:It really may be better to put that libraries on bananas.
Well, then we've to waiting for a few days ... :)
Brumi wrote:Without buoys, ships sometimes get stuck. YAPF for ships solves the problem, though
That is known bug, could not resolved quickly :)
Brumi wrote:Please try not to use open ends to turn trams around. They may fail if another player (or even the same company) re-uses that piece of track.
Hmmm never though that before, thanks :) , it was fixed in r96 (not released yet)
Brumi wrote:The AI seems to transport passengers only, and if I switch to freight-only mode, it doesn't affect planes.
For plane, if pax was not allowed, they would carry mail instead.
Brumi wrote:The instance on which I tested it kindly asked me to post the savegame here with the 'debugger' sign in view.
Thanks for reporting, I would try to handle AIError.ERR_NONE then.

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

Hey fanioz,

Just want to congratulate you on how far your AI has come! I'm playing a test game now and I was happily surprised when I saw your AI building ship connections (I first thought it was NoCAB ;) ) and competing pretty well despite not having trains yet.

I'm very interested to see how your AI will evolve. Keep up the good work! :)
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Trans performs well in ship only game (passengers are way better than gold/mail to carry via ship) but:
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Przechwytywanie.PNG (126.69 KiB) Viewed 12225 times
Przechwytywanie.PNG
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Morloth wrote:Hey fanioz,

Just want to congratulate you on how far your AI has come! I'm playing a test game now and I was happily surprised when I saw your AI building ship connections (I first thought it was NoCAB ;) ) and competing pretty well despite not having trains yet.

I'm very interested to see how your AI will evolve. Keep up the good work! :)
Thanks Bram. :D
Kogut wrote:Trans performs well in ship only game (passengers are way better than gold/mail to carry via ship) but:
Well, I though I had anticipate that problem, (and try to implement buoy was another problem), thanks for your report, I'll check it again later. :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
Bandetta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bandetta »

Hi Fanioz,

I did a bit of AI-watching today, to see what kind of hilarious nonsense... I mean... clever business tactics they pull off... :D
I had fun while trying to force Trans to use ships only, wich it did pretty well, on a random map with lots of water, it connected 4-5 coastal cities with the same ship, so good job there. :)
Then i started a new game, allowed to build everything. Trans built a lot of airports, then didn't do anything for half a year... I thought using Av8 is a problem, so i disabled it, and a few days later Trans built 2 planes. Just for the heck of it i readded Av8 to the grf-list, expecting either to a) crash, or b) to do nothing again. But it built 3 more planes, now from the airplane set. Maybe I should be more patient next time. :D

Then this hickup happened, as far as i see, it has nothing to do with airplanes, only with trying to build water stations, but who knows...
Originally Av8 was between the train-set addon and egrvts. If you need a savegame, or more useless info on a screenshot, i can post it. :)

Keep up the good work, thank you
Attachments
Charfingley Transport, 27th Feb 1951.png
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Thanks for reporting.
- If you would like to force the vehicle type to be used by Trans, you could just set that inside a running game, you don't need to restart game :D (except if you would add/remove newgrf's)
- the crash is however not related to grf's, airplane, or ship building. But somewhat bad logic inside water connector. :lol: I 'll check again.
Again thanks for reporting :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
Samu
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samu »

Hi, I got this error with this ai.
Sem nome, 1951-05-25.png
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

That is a missing library. Download AILibCommon (and AILibList if you don't have that one already) from the online content system or go to the URL which is ther in the window (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=771764#p771764) and download 'AI Library - Common'.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

The question is though, did (s)he use banans to get the AI? If so, then the dependencies for the AI in bananas is not correctly set up.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Thank you guys for the quick answer. :D

hay Samu, Trans would need Fibonacci Heap 2, AILib.Common.1, and AILib.List.1
* As Zuu said, did you use bananas to get the AI? I've set the AI dependencies there, and should be downloaded within AI. (only after Juni 6, 2010)
* In case you've downloaded Trans from this forum (and this thread), as Brumi said, you'll find them on "Download - Area"
* Or... did you got it somewhere else? :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
Samu
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samu »

fanioz wrote:Thank you guys for the quick answer. :D

hay Samu, Trans would need Fibonacci Heap 2, AILib.Common.1, and AILib.List.1
* As Zuu said, did you use bananas to get the AI? I've set the AI dependencies there, and should be downloaded within AI. (only after Juni 6, 2010)
* In case you've downloaded Trans from this forum (and this thread), as Brumi said, you'll find them on "Download - Area"
* Or... did you got it somewhere else? :D
Gonna try again. brb

aha, it works now!

Edit - I just checked online content via the game and downloaded all those AI's and Libraries.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Zażółć gęślą jaźń.
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Przechwytywanie.PNG (47.95 KiB) Viewed 923 times
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Samu
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samu »

I think the AI got locked somehow... it's constantly trying to build something but is unable to.

erhm... oops, it's not locked. It's still building other routes, but it still tries to do that one all the time.
Attachments
Unnamed, 20th Mar 1985.png
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

umturumtu
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.PNG
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Kogut wrote:Zażółć gęślą jaźń.
Kogut wrote:umturumtu
English please ... :x but thanks for the report. :wink:
Samu wrote:I think the AI got locked somehow... it's constantly trying to build something but is unable to.

erhm... oops, it's not locked. It's still building other routes, but it still tries to do that one all the time.
Well, that is a kind of simultaneous-batch-path-finding. (errr... didn't find a correct word) :D
But as long as the red box didn't show, or going to bankrupt it doesn't matter. thanks :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”