[OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports

Post by Yexo »

Primary goal of this project is to make all airports snow/desert aware. For this I'm using the OpenGFX graphics as base. Later it might be extended with alternative airport graphics like in Combined Airport Set V0.5 but that is only if somebody else draws the graphics. I'll code this set and if nobody else wants to help I'm going to draw it, but I'm not very good with graphics and I know there are several people here that can make a lot better graphics then I can, so I'd like some help there. The set will be licensed as GPL v2.

First nightly can be found here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/airports ... ly-r10.zip
Only the small airport is done, the small buildings don't have snow on there roofs yet and the building on the intercontinental (=copy from small airport) is bugged.

If someone wants to create 32bpp (extra zoom level) graphics then I'm willing to code these too, but in that case only if all graphics for one airport in all climates are completed.

Thanks to openttdcoop for provinding the reposity, devzone link: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/airportsplus
https://bundles.openttdcoop.org/airportsplus/
Last edited by Yexo on 18 Jun 2011 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Climate dependant airports

Post by Yexo »

The first release (0.1.0) is now available via bananas, you need at least nightly 19206 to use it, 1.0.0-RC2 doesn't work.
Current status:
Small airport completely done
Ground tiles from all other airports done
All buildings (except those from the small airport) don't have snow yet in arctic above the snowline.

Help with creating snow covered buildings for the other airports is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
snow-airport.png
desert-airport.png
desert-airport.png (54.75 KiB) Viewed 39243 times
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Looks really good
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

Yexo wrote:If someone wants to create 32bpp (extra zoom level) graphics then I'm willing to code these too, but in that case only if all graphics for one airport in all climates are completed.
we are trying to complete them too but latter its will be only a matter of few seconds changing the texture to a "snowy" ones :D

btw i hope you working on this doesnt mean you abandoning the newgrf airports project as i had big hopes for it :bow:
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Yexo wrote:you need at least nightly 19206 to use it
What's in r19206 that is necessary to use the GRF?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

support for newgrf airporttiles, which will not be part of 1.0.0 [major new feature]
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

Eddi wrote:support for newgrf airporttiles
finally :P
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

neob wrote:
Yexo wrote:If someone wants to create 32bpp (extra zoom level) graphics then I'm willing to code these too, but in that case only if all graphics for one airport in all climates are completed.
we are trying to complete them too but latter its will be only a matter of few seconds changing the texture to a "snowy" ones :D
That's good to know, as i said before I'm willing to code (=pngencode) those sprites and rename them so they work correctly with this grf, just let me know when you have a complete airport done, preferable in multiple climates.
btw i hope you working on this doesnt mean you abandoning the newgrf airports project as i had big hopes for it :bow:
Not at all.
neob wrote:
Airporttiles are not airports, support for newgrf airports is not yet in trunk.
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

neob wrote:
Airporttiles are not airports, support for newgrf airports is not yet in trunk.[/quote]
ahha Airport-tiles... not airporties, like i read it last night...

Yexo wrote:just let me know when you have a complete airport done, preferable in multiple climates.
we have still some time ahead of us
zero.eight
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zero.eight »

Too bright perhaps?
Attachments
airportTiles.png
Last edited by zero.eight on 07 Mar 2010 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
OpenTTD: VAST - station tiles and objects | MICS - urban monorail graphical conversion | Universal Rail Type - easier train replacement
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Maybe you can make the snow a bit darker indeed but it's an awesome start! :)

If you agree to publish those grahpics under GPL v2 I'd be very happy to include them, but if you prefer to improve them first I'll wait for that.
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

no sure if its going to be any help at all but iirc in photoshop there is a color select option
so creating a simple task and applying it to all the building sprites might save some time.
Dimme
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dimme »

zero.eight wrote:Too bright perhaps?
Warning: there is yellow snow on top of the hangar, please do not eat it.
Try my modular airports minigame!

zero.eight
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zero.eight »

Yexo wrote:Maybe you can make the snow a bit darker indeed but it's an awesome start! :)

If you agree to publish those grahpics under GPL v2 I'd be very happy to include them, but if you prefer to improve them first I'll wait for that.
These sprites are slightly darker with a bit of blue to match the recoloured small airport and (most of) the arctic OpenGFX roofs. I'm happy with them as they are, but I don't mind if someone else improves them. Yep, I'm happy to release them under GPL v2.
neob wrote:no sure if its going to be any help at all but iirc in photoshop there is a color select option
so creating a simple task and applying it to all the building sprites might save some time.
Need Photoshop to do that :P

EDIT: Do you want the offsets for these sprites? It would not be a problem to provide them.
EDIT2: I should mention that the sprites are derived from OpenGFX.
Attachments
airportTiles2.png
airportTiles2.png (69.68 KiB) Viewed 38758 times
airportTiles.pcx
License: GPL v2
(19.88 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
OpenTTD: VAST - station tiles and objects | MICS - urban monorail graphical conversion | Universal Rail Type - easier train replacement
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Thanks to zero.eight all buildings now have snow on them above the snowline. Some of the bigger airports are somewhat inconsistent with the placement of the fences. See the attached image and let me know what you think. I'm especially unsure on how to work with the intercontinental airport.
Attachments
airport-fences.png
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

yellow lines - why, I think it looks better with fences.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Kogut wrote:yellow lines - why, I think it looks better with fences.
Because the intercontinental airport is the only airport with fences before/after the landing strip. Another option is of course to also include fences in those spots for all other airports.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

But why it is wrong to have temperate airport without fences and arctic with? Maybe arctic airports are slippery. :P
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I agree with Yexo, there shouldn't be fences at the end of runways. Full stop.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Kogut wrote:But why it is wrong to have temperate airport without fences and arctic with? Maybe arctic airports are slippery. :P
Those fences have nothing to do with the climate. If I remove or add some fences I'll do that for all climates.

Return to “Graphics Development”