Hungarian translation

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Hungarian translation

Post by IngaPapagaj »

Dear all!

Here is the thread of the Hungarian translation. This is for those occurrences when you say "OMG what a big mistranslating!" or "That could be better if we say ... instead of ...". If you want to report one, just tell us where did you find it and what would you suggest.

This topic is also for translators to discuss the main rules of the translating, and to discuss any problems or ideas.

Now, the Hungarian language is fully translated. In the last months, 3 translators made changes and fixings in Hungarian.

So, feel free to comment or ask or anything you want to do in the topic of the Hungarian translation. :)

About the last days' discussion:
we cleared the mess about the base sets' translation, the finals are: "alapcsomag" as "zenei alapcsomag", "hang alapcsomag", "grafikus alapcsomag".
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread
alyr
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Hungarian translation

Post by alyr »

We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

alyr wrote:We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?
I suggest the "klikk", because it's shorter and let make flexibiler sentences.

If it's OK, I can do the changes tomorrow or tonight.
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

Other: In the Jazz Jukebox why are the button captions written with CAPITAL letters? If there's no reason, I'll change it back to normal as the English is.
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

One thing I'd like to ask:
When browsing the Hungarian translation, I see that some words have correct accusatives (e. g. szenet, fát), but they don't show up in the game. Could you fix them?
smile64
Engineer
Engineer

Post by smile64 »

IngaPapagaj wrote:
alyr wrote:We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?

True, "klikk" is shorter than "kattintás", but there are some other forms as well. "Klikkel, klikkelj" sounds very stupid, I'd rather prefer "kattint, kattints".
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

Brumi wrote:One thing I'd like to ask:
When browsing the Hungarian translation, I see that some words have correct accusatives (e. g. szenet, fát), but they don't show up in the game. Could you fix them?
I don't know who made them, but because they do not appear in the game, I think we could leave them there.
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

smile64 wrote:
IngaPapagaj wrote:

True, "klikk" is shorter than "kattintás", but there are some other forms as well. "Klikkel, klikkelj" sounds very stupid, I'd rather prefer "kattint, kattints".
Then, we'll vote about it. :) However I don't think the "klikkelés" sounds stupidly. :) Moreover it usually appears as "Ctrl+Click" format.

In the other hand the "kattintás" is more Hungarian, the "Klikkelés" is an English "loan word". :)
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

IngaPapagaj wrote:
I don't know who made them, but because they do not appear in the game, I think we could leave them there.
According to the wiki, cases can be used this way:

Code: Select all

STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO                        :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO_OR_CARGO               :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO                              :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO_AND_CARGO                    :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
So please try this one and see if this works. I cannot try it myself because I'm not a translator and I cannot get strgen to work.
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

Brumi wrote:
IngaPapagaj wrote:
According to the wiki, cases can be used this way:

STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO                        :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO_OR_CARGO               :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO                              :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO_AND_CARGO                    :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
So please try this one and see if this works. I cannot try it myself because I'm not a translator and I cannot get strgen to work.
Thx, I did not know that, but I'll try it. If it works ill change.
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

I started to check the whole list. Today I made the first 1000, I changed/fixed 171 strings. If you have any comments please post it!

I checked the .t-s, so tomorrow I can test if it is working ingame. I rewrited some strings because of it's comprehensibility, and there was some spelling mistakes also. I changed the "clicks" too.

Tomorrow I'll continue. :)
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

IngaPapagaj wrote:I started to check the whole list. Today I made the first 1000, I changed/fixed 171 strings.
Congratulations! That must have been quite some work, you've been doing an awesome job.
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

petert wrote:
IngaPapagaj wrote:I started to check the whole list. Today I made the first 1000, I changed/fixed 171 strings.
Congratulations! That must have been quite some work, you've been doing an awesome job.
I finished, 507 strings has been changed.
If you have comment, please tell it! :)
I made many corrections about grammar and word using (and some mistranslations). If you see any problems, please signal it!
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

IngaPapagaj wrote:
Brumi wrote: According to the wiki, cases can be used this way:

Thx, I did not know that, but I'll try it. If it works ill change.
As I see, it works! :)
Attachments
Look at the bottom!
Look at the bottom!
alyr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alyr »

I guess your exam went well then. :D
There are some strings that i think could be a bit better, i'll change them when i have time. (for example: "Kliens online / kliens max.{}Vállalat online / vállalat max." should be "Online kliens(ek?) / max. kliens(ek?) {}Online vállalat(ok?) / max. vállalat(ok?)" instead, etc. (i know it wasn't you who wrote this, just caught my eye :) ))
Also: do we need abbreviations (ktsg (költség), sz (szerinti))? With the new window system we don't really need them IMO.

Anyway, really nice work! :)
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

alyr wrote:I guess your exam went well then. :D
There are some strings that i think could be a bit better, i'll change them when i have time. (for example: "Kliens online / kliens max.{}Vállalat online / vállalat max." should be "Online kliens(ek?) / max. kliens(ek?) {}Online vállalat(ok?) / max. vállalat(ok?)" instead, etc. (i know it wasn't you who wrote this, just caught my eye :) ))
Also: do we need abbreviations (ktsg (költség), sz (szerinti))? With the new window system we don't really need them IMO.

Anyway, really nice work! :)
My exam went not too bad, but I had time in the weekend so I did it.
If you see something, change it. :)
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Good job!
I have two remarks:
  • Please change 'ügyvezető' back to 'elnök', IMO it fits the game better. I understand that 'elnök' is not the correct translation of 'manager', but bear in mind that in the US English translation it is 'president'.
  • Please change STR_MAPGEN_RANDOM to something else, like 'Új véletlen alapszám'. 'Véletlenszerűen' just doesn't make sense there.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Brumi wrote:
  • Please change 'ügyvezető' back to 'elnök', IMO it fits the game better. I understand that 'elnök' is not the correct translation of 'manager', but bear in mind that in the US English translation it is 'president'.
There, done.
Brumi wrote:[*]Please change STR_MAPGEN_RANDOM to something else, like 'Új véletlen alapszám'. 'Véletlenszerűen' just doesn't make sense there.[/list]
I agree, that sounds quite strange there, changed.

Thanks Brumi
IngaPapagaj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IngaPapagaj »

petert wrote:
Brumi wrote:
There, done.
Brumi wrote:[*]Please change STR_MAPGEN_RANDOM to something else, like 'Új véletlen alapszám'. 'Véletlenszerűen' just doesn't make sense there.[/list]
I agree, that sounds quite strange there, changed.

Thanks Brumi
Then, I want to explain, why did I changed the manager to "ügyvezető". The "elnök" (chairman) is a title in the Company League Table, and I did not want to use the word duplicated.
Btw the "manager's" could be ügyvezető, igazgató, osztályvezető according to the sztaki translator. Elnök means president or chairman in English, so it's not correct.

Then, I suggest to translate it to ügyvezető or igazgató, but the elnök is reserved I think so. What is your opinion? (as I see, igazgató is also used az the league table for director.)

If you want to leave it as elnök, I will say OK. :)
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

I suggest 'elnök' again, because I think a new player to OpenTTD who hasn't even seen the English translation would say 'elnök' or 'igazgató' to the leader of the company. Here the accuracy of the translation is not som important it's enough to be natural. Anyway, 'president' in the US English translation is also there both as the manager and in the company league table.

Return to “General OpenTTD”