Future of OpenTTD PSP

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Future of OpenTTD PSP

Post by NekoMaster »

Hey guys, I really like openttd and I love to be able to play it on the go, but the port to the psp is really old now, and Im wondering if anyone will ever make a updated port :\ Maybe someone with some skill could make a new port of openttd once OpenTTD v1.0.0 comes out from beta\rc stage, that way people with modded psp's can enjoy openttd on the go and be able to play with newer\updated features and the ability to use newer New Grf's.

I hope that maybe someone will step forward and take on this task since theres no way I can do it, I have no knowledge of programing for the psp nor do i have the tools and files needed to compile for windows or psp.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
WWTBAM

Re: Future of OpenTTD PSP

Post by WWTBAM »

As far as I'm aware, the PSP port is not official.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

robotboy wrote:As far as I'm aware, the PSP port is not official.
Neither are other ports, but they are still somewhat maintained.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

But what I was asking is, will there ever be a new release or will someone pick it back up?
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Untill somebody does or says he/she will or has, there is no point in asking.
You cannot ask/force someone to give up free time for anything.

Maybe if you offer to pay for the time spent someone who can will step up, just to make money, which would be his/her good right.
If you are not prepared to pay up all you can do is wait and hope.

Most programmers who program for a living are working on stuff they don't care for but do so because they are told to do so, if they don't they don't get paid.
It is that simple. Wait or put some money on the table.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

petert wrote:
But the major ports are eg the linux ones.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

robotboy wrote:
petert wrote:
But the major ports are eg the linux ones.
Which I use, Im on Ubuntu Linux right now, for the other distros you may have to install openttd with the distros installer to get builds from openttd.org to work properly (like on puppy linux, I can't get openttd to work till I download and install the Open TTD 0.7.4.pet and TTDx.pet)
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

I once took effort (without owning a PSP) to commit a few patches supplied by the person who ported to the PSP, but after a few days he dropped from the face of the earth, and I never received any reply or additional patch after that. That was months, if not years ago. After that, nobody took the effort of sending any patch to the developers (as far as I know), so there is no official support, or even semi-official. You really should ask the guy who made the latest port, and see if he wants to make an update (be kind, and asking is free). Or maybe clean up his patch and send it to the developers, so they can merge it, to give it some semi-official support?

Hope this answers your question a bit more :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

TrueBrain wrote:I once took effort (without owning a PSP) to commit a few patches supplied by the person who ported to the PSP, but after a few days he dropped from the face of the earth, and I never received any reply or additional patch after that. That was months, if not years ago. After that, nobody took the effort of sending any patch to the developers (as far as I know), so there is no official support, or even semi-official. You really should ask the guy who made the latest port, and see if he wants to make an update (be kind, and asking is free). Or maybe clean up his patch and send it to the developers, so they can merge it, to give it some semi-official support?

Hope this answers your question a bit more :)
I did try contacting the dev's for the psp port, I haven't gotten a reply yet, and I sent them the email at least a year ago
koppi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by koppi »

I compiled Openttd 1.0.4 for PSP. I was not able to compile the network code so networking does not work. Download includes opengfx & opensfx so just extract it to your /psp/game/ directory to play. It does not include any AIs, if you want opponents put the AI tar file(s) to /psp/game/openttd/ai directory (and AI libraries to /psp/game/openttd/ai/library). NewGRFs go to /psp/game/openttd/data directory.

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?uejtcicvpcc2lyp
download source: http://www.mediafire.com/?810r2koi269bnv9
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oh well this really sucks, finally the long awaited up date and I dont even have a PSP anymore to play it :( I lost my psp sometime ago and it hasnt turned up, i think someone stole it but i dunno who

. well, I guess I should at least say thanks for making a updated version that i can play when i get a modded psp again. *gives a cookie*
bebeto94
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bebeto94 »

I still have my PSP and this great news for all openttd fans on the move !!! (not driving you understand, i meant being away from home a lot) Cheers :bow:
Carlos Jorge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlos Jorge »

koppi wrote:I compiled Openttd 1.0.4 for PSP. I was not able to compile the network code so networking does not work. Download includes opengfx & opensfx so just extract it to your /psp/game/ directory to play. It does not include any AIs, if you want opponents put the AI tar file(s) to /psp/game/openttd/ai directory (and AI libraries to /psp/game/openttd/ai/library). NewGRFs go to /psp/game/openttd/data directory.

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?uejtcicvpcc2lyp
download source: http://www.mediafire.com/?810r2koi269bnv9
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Carlos Jorge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlos Jorge »

Doesn't work for me :x

I start the game and the screen just stays black...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Carlos Jorge wrote:Doesn't work for me :x

I start the game and the screen just stays black...
are you sure you have a modded psp and you have all the necessary files? also, if your resolution set above 478x272 in the openttd config?
Carlos Jorge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlos Jorge »

I have a PSP Fat running 5.50 GEN-D3.

The resolution on the config file is 479,272 and I placed the game on the psp\game folder, I start it and after the MC led blinks for a wile it just stops doing anything, I have to shutdown the PSP...

Any help?
Carlos Jorge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlos Jorge »

I'm missing some plugin or something?
bebeto94
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bebeto94 »

Try inserting this in your game folder as im using what you are using and it works for me.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=233OPOPD
Carlos Jorge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlos Jorge »

Thank you but still nothing :(

I tried to wait a few minutes but the PSP is frozen... I still have to shutdown and turn on again...
niche
Engineer
Engineer

Post by niche »

Nice work :bow:
But it runs not stable :? after a while its freeze randomly. It good to see somework work on it. A little request: can you fit the ingame windows to the resolution on the psp?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”