LRVS - Light Road Vehicle Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

LRVS - Light Road Vehicle Set

Post by oberhümer »

Now at 0.2 beta 2 - re-added the Mercedes LKN, with still nonexistent bulk cargo graphics.

-----------------------------------
0.2 beta now out - it is incompatible with earlier versions. Changes can be found in changelog.txt. Also, I am now using the GPL as license.

I'll take some screenshots soon.
Attachments
lrvs-0.2-beta2.tar.gz
The set. Open with 7-Zip or similar on Windows.
(27.96 KiB) Downloaded 1309 times
LRVS_nmlsrc.zip
NML source. You additionally need gcc and tar to compile.
(61.81 KiB) Downloaded 907 times
Last edited by oberhümer on 08 Dec 2012 23:20, edited 48 times in total.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: A few light vehicles

Post by tsjook »

Downloaded it, will be testing tonight.

But a few pointers would be welcome. How many verhicles should there be? What will be their purpose? From what time will your vehicles be available?

Screenshots would also be nice, and it would make people more likely to download your grf.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Currently includes(as of newest version, which is currently in beta):
Mercedes Sprinter(combined with VW LT, which is not drawn yet, will show generational changes)
Morgan Olson Van(the ones UPS uses)
Bugatti Veyron
Volkswagen Bus
Van Hool A308
Mercedes LP/LN/LK/LKN(only LKN and not all cargos drawn)

Coming soon:
Fuso Canter
VW LT(graphics)

Vehicles in planning:
Random taxi (with car version)
Random motorcycle
Ford F-series

and I´ll think of some more.
Last edited by oberhümer on 22 Nov 2010 22:07, edited 20 times in total.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

When there are introduced?
And is it possible to see screenshot?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

UPS van in 1949, Sprinter in 1995. Planned vehicles will mostly be introduced at some point after 1980.

Screenshots added.

petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

The Bugatti Veyron will look very nice, hopefully it will still transport passengers and not just be eyecandy.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

sorry to disappoint you on that...
But I might put a passenger-carrying version, which would probably not be very profitable, in.

petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Well, that's too bad. I was just testing it and made this:
logo.png
logo.png (6.53 KiB) Viewed 27106 times
Use this to link to it in your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46583][img]http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=122338[/img][/url]
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

hey, thanks! putting it right in.
I have also now fixed the Bugatti Veyron graphics a bit(looked a bit "scrunched" in / and \ views, in my opinion).

oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: LRVS - Light Road Vehicle Set(help welcome)

Post by oberhümer »

Everybody is wecome to give their opinion in the poll!

Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Ive just used this in my latest game - the vans are great for transporting the small amounts of engineering supplies required by FIRS. I did think the speeds were all a little on the high side - 100mpfh sprinter - perhaps this should have been 100kmh?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i have seen sprinters do 150km/h ;)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I used the absolute max speed.

And anyway, the UPS van now has food graphics. I am not planning to support ECS/FIRS cargoes graphically anytime soon, though.

Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Can you post an example of your sprites, so I can get an example of the scale employed? Wouldn't mind adding a few vans and whatnot to the collection... ;)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Note: This is not up to date.

Here you go!
(NFO attached too, there are some not-yet-released sprites included, would put the newest GRF up but I'm in a hurry)

I used mostly 2.5 px/m, but for the smaller ones, 3.3 px/m.
Attachments
lrvs_r121.PCX
(15.45 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
lrvs_r12.NFO
(8.73 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Last edited by oberhümer on 24 Apr 2010 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

I like it! :D

A bit unbalanced speed-wise compared to eGRVTS, but that's fine. Is there a specific vehicle GRF you designed it to work with, or does it just supplement the default vehicles?

Question: Would it be possible to add a parameter to give the vehicles zero purchase & running cost? This would allow the Town Cars AI to use them for more variety.
Who is John Galt?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Well, I just... made it, without thinking of any specific vehicle set.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll try to implement that at some point, probably none too soon though...
Update: There is now a parameter option to make the vehicles zero cost, so TownCars can use them.

[Until then, just cheat to give TownCars a load of money.]

Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I have spotted a small graphics glitch in the latest release (r13). The VW when travelling left to right is preceded by a white bar. Take a look in the screen shot just under the steel mill

Cheers

Bob
Treberg Transport, 07-09-1980.png
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I currently do not have the time to fix it(and also, I lost - again - the flash drive with the data on it). I will get to it in a day or two.

Return to “Graphics Development”