Benny's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Benny's screenshots

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Interesting how Nortstadt has grown. But, I think, soon or later the station should be moved onto the mainline going north; the original platform could be transformed in goods sidings. About Hildeshaven, it seems you don't have enough money to complete electification from Dortmund :mrgreen:. And the signal/track layout can be improved with another pair of switches at the north end to have a complete double crossover and making the two tracks unidirectional. I hope to see more screenshots as your network will expand.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

The plan about Nortstadt is still unclear. I'll probably move the coal dropoff either to another power plant, or further up/right, and then build a passenger station where the coal dropoff is now. Through station is still not needed, as the only traffic going further than Nortstadt is two diesels, and one of them never even crosses Nortstadt. Using the soon-to-become passenger station as goods sidings was a good idea, thanks. :D

About Hildeshaven: Haha, not intentional at all. Must've used the wrong tool there. :P
Electrification of Hildeshaven and onwards will not happen in the near future. May do it sometime before the 50's or so. (1942 now.) Oh, yes, and money is not a problem. I hate to say it, but I cheated.. T'was actually the first thing I did after generating the map.. But, well. I aim for a nice-looking and realistic network, and not a challenge about making money.
ivanfurlanis wrote:And the signal/track layout can be improved with another pair of switches at the north end to have a complete double crossover and making the two tracks unidirectional.
Didn't quite catch what you mean here, could you show what you mean in Paint/Photoshop or something maybe?
ivanfurlanis wrote:I hope to see more screenshots as your network will expand.
Of course. :wink:
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Bennythen00b wrote:The plan about Nortstadt is still unclear. I'll probably move the coal dropoff either to another power plant, or further
ivanfurlanis wrote:And the signal/track layout can be improved with another pair of switches at the north end to have a complete double crossover and making the two tracks unidirectional.
Didn't quite catch what you mean here, could you show what you mean in Paint/Photoshop or something maybe?
Here is my project for Hildeshaven station.
In black two proposals to connect the line coming from northwest (an industry, I suppose) to Gleis, ehm, track 1. In red all signals the station should need. S1 and S4 are already in place but you must convert S4 in one-way (yellow plate) as S1 is. In this way track 1 will be run just from NE to SW and track 2 from SW to NE. If there are trains reversing here, you must add simple path signals (no one-way) in S2 and S3. I hope everything is more clear.
In black two proposals to connect the line coming from northwest (an industry, I suppose) to Gleis, ehm, track 1. In red all signals the station should need. S1 and S4 are already in place but you must convert S4 in one-way (yellow plate) as S1 is. In this way track 1 will be run just from NE to SW and track 2 from SW to NE. If there are trains reversing here, you must add simple path signals (no one-way) in S2 and S3. I hope everything is more clear.
HildeshavenProject.png (142.96 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Ah, I see what you mean. The network is mainly built as right-hand traffic, so if I make the sideline branch accessible from both tracks, S2 and S3 will get one-ways. But thanks for the illustration, when the steel mill recieves traffic, I'll see what I do. :wink:

That sideline is actually a (still unserved) steel mill and Osnastadt. Another small town, but with one-tracked station and a tiny harbor.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

6: Osnastadt, the town which Hildeshaven branches to.

7: Michelsbrück spiral. Lots of grain and livestock trains rumbling up and down here.

8: Update of Dortmund and Saarhorst as of 1945. Things are getting out of hand here now.. Mostly due to all the freight passing by here.
Attachments
6.png
6.png (181.68 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
7.png
7.png (263 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
8.png
8.png (338.82 KiB) Viewed 499 times
as
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by as »

Spirals are sure nice, but making that huge spiral to climb just two height levels is a bit overkill...
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Nope. Weight multiplier for freight trains is set to 15.

Please note that 90-95% of this network is built at height level 1 or 2.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Bennythen00b wrote:Nope. Weight multiplier for freight trains is set to 15.
I would add at least one more engine to a train, especially on coal trains ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

On such short trains two long steamers just looks stupid, which is why I built that spiral. And all coal trains currently run on one height level, except one train, that has got one downwards height level when full. Thus; I don't need two engines on coal trains yet.
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Bennythen00b wrote:6: Osnastadt, the town which Hildeshaven branches to.
Is that Hafen actually working as a harbour or not? I don't see the usual TT-style dock ?(.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

No, it's just for eyecandy purposes. So is the one at Nortstadt, actually. :wink:
matthew57778
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matthew57778 »

what is paramiter for
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Paramiter? :?
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

benny - parameter.
Matthew - parameter for what, exactly?
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Well yea, got tired of that one too. I really suck at this, obviously. Got a UKRS game going. Pretty much like the new PJ1K so far, ony thing bugging me are those tiny tiny wagons which can hold like 10 tonnes of grain/livestock each. Screens are probably not worth sharing yet, but I just want to compare my network to Ivan's last one, as I'm playing on his "Midland" scenario at the moment.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (146.51 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
2.png
2.png (124.26 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
3.png
3.png (129.91 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Aha, very interesting! It seems that in Plenstable there is just one useful location for the station :wink:. In Sundale, which is the purpose of two freight station? I hope to see more pics from this game.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Plenstable is kind of awkward, yes. And about Sundale; That's one passenger station, and one freight station for grain, livestock and goods. :P
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

How do trains coming from the NE enter the Livestock station?
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

petert wrote:How do trains coming from the NE enter the Livestock station?
I think no trains make this route.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Bennythen00b wrote:Plenstable is kind of awkward, yes. And about Sundale; That's one passenger station, and one freight station for grain, livestock and goods. :P
Doesn't the freight station get a little congested?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Return to “Screenshots”