disaster off

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
bepped7
Engineer
Engineer

disaster off

Post by bepped7 »

i have a problem with openttd 7.3. I disable disaster but aircraft accident is very much. I don't understand. Excuse me for english
thank's
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: disaster off

Post by XeryusTC »

You can't turn of aircrafts crashing, it is for balancing purposes. Also, the version is most likely 0.7.3 as 7.3 is a long way from being developed ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Not using big aircraft on the small and commuter airport helps a lot. Other than that what XeryusTC said, you can't disable them.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

There is a patch - one included in my own patchpack - that DOES disable them entirely, however, I strongly doubt it'll ever go into trunk. You can enjoy it through my pack, or through finding and compiling the patch by itself though.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

You can also get the singular binary for 0.7.2. And no, you can't use it in multiplayer. Explained here by pavel1269:
pavel1269 wrote: You build an airport. Your client sent data to server that you build an airport.
You buy an airplane. Your client sent data to server that you bought an airplane.
Your airplane loads some passangers and takeoff. Nothing to sent.
Your airplane lands and makes some profit. Your client is still sending no data to server. (At least, I dont think, maybye its checking balance with server? )
You want that plane to go to another route so you change his orders. Desync. On server-side your airplane is crasched, but not for you, because your client made another calculation.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Plane crashes are not disasters any more than train-train crashes or train-RV crashes are disasters.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
CompactDstrxion
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CompactDstrxion »

Disabling disasters disables everything listed here- http://wiki.openttd.org/Disaster

Return to “Problems”