UK Railway Set (UKRS2) Extended graphics contributions

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

UK Railway Set (UKRS2) Extended graphics contributions

Post by PikkaBird »

This is the thread for discussing and posting 3rd party graphics for the PJ1K addon set. Go! :)
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: PJ1K Addon Graphics

Post by lawton27 »

PikkaBird wrote: The Pacifics look good. :) I'm still not sure about the shading on the forward-facing diagonals of the Coronation, would you mind if I altered them just a few pixels?
No problem, it's based off your work and I see no reason why you can't.
PikkaBird wrote: The 2-6-4 is awful. Completely wrong scale, completely wrong shape. Since it's a UKRS loco, I guess I don't mind doing this one myself. Yep, I am a perfectionist and this is why I don't often work on collaborative sets.The 2-6-4 is awful. Completely wrong scale, completely wrong shape. Since it's a UKRS loco, I guess I don't mind doing this one myself. Yep, I am a perfectionist and this is why I don't often work on collaborative sets.
That's fine, I knew it didn't look right, its a strange shape, since you've offered to draw it that's fine, I feel it's needed to make tank-engines more powerful anyway, I used it allot in UKRS.

PikkaBird wrote: The 121 looks alright, but it's already included in the main set...
The Metro Cammell is a MU, the 121 is a single unit railcar.
ziond
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ziond »

The Metro Cammell is a MU, the 121 is a single unit railcar.
As wiki says
Comes as a double-ended railcar when bought. Place a second Metro Cammell DMU in the train to make them single-ended.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Just for compatability and my own curious interest, what is the standard sort of size, pixel-wise, that you are using for say, a mark 1/2 coach?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Ameecher wrote:Just for compatability and my own curious interest, what is the standard sort of size, pixel-wise, that you are using for say, a mark 1/2 coach?
You mean how long? 8/8 (33 px including buffers).
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

I think I'd better redeem myself, I've played it safe with this, I've chosen some things that definitely aren't in the set and I can't get them wrong as they aren't based off real things, I drew a futuristic MU, currently it looks like a diesel or full cell train, but if you want you can add pantographs.

Also I've had a go at the wardale, the streamlined version looks possibly too similar to the coronation, it's up to you.

I don't mind if you don't include either, I'm happy with my contribution now and won't draw anything else unless someone specifically asks me to.

Eagerly awaiting the next public release.
Attachments
future.png
future.png (41.94 KiB) Viewed 21133 times
wardale.png
wardale.png (45.57 KiB) Viewed 21133 times
555gln22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 555gln22 »

Formerly known as 'davepoth'
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

lawton27 wrote:I think I'd better redeem myself, I've played it safe with this, I've chosen some things that definitely aren't in the set and I can't get them wrong as they aren't based off real things, I drew a futuristic MU, currently it looks like a diesel or full cell train, but if you want you can add pantographs.

Also I've had a go at the wardale, the streamlined version looks possibly too similar to the coronation, it's up to you.

I don't mind if you don't include either, I'm happy with my contribution now and won't draw anything else unless someone specifically asks me to.

Eagerly awaiting the next public release.
nice, I would sure love something like that in the future :3

[Edit]
PikkaBird wrote:The 121 looks alright, but it's already included in the main set...
The Metro Cammell is a MU, the 121 is a single unit railcar.[/quote]

I dont care, put the 121 in, its still a commuter since it doesnt run fast but still gets the job :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

I know that this may seem like a bit of a dead thread (and ill probably get an earful for "reviving it"), but...

I am currently planning on playing a game with the project 1000 set (0.3), and would like to obtain the three engines, the merchant, light and coronation class trains that are listed as being in the addons set on pikkawiki. They look really good and i was curious as to whether or not this set of three engines had been released at all, and if so where would i go to get them.

Thankyou very much for your time, and again, sorry bout reviving such an old thread.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

paulicus25 wrote:I know that this may seem like a bit of a dead thread (and ill probably get an earful for "reviving it"), but...

I am currently planning on playing a game with the project 1000 set (0.3), and would like to obtain the three engines, the merchant, light and coronation class trains that are listed as being in the addons set on pikkawiki. They look really good and i was curious as to whether or not this set of three engines had been released at all, and if so where would i go to get them.

Thankyou very much for your time, and again, sorry bout reviving such an old thread.
No, they haven't. I'll look to the addon set when the main set is completed (of course, if lawton wants to have a crack at coding his graphics in the meantime...).

Speaking of releases, I've been busy lately and hope to have an update on the main set out very soon. :)
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

PikkaBird wrote: No, they haven't. I'll look to the addon set when the main set is completed (of course, if lawton wants to have a crack at coding his graphics in the meantime...).

Speaking of releases, I've been busy lately and hope to have an update on the main set out very soon. :)
Good to hear that an update is near, unfortunately you'll have to wait, I won't bother coding it as if I did it would be sloppy and not smoothly compatible with the main set, and I can guarantee that running sounds wouldn't work.

However I do feel like drawing more, but my last ones just got worse and worse, if I was to draw some more I'd need a good suggestion of existing and iconic engines like my Pacific's. Which is hard as pikka has got most trains that would spring to mind already in the main set, (rightly so). :D
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

wakkawakka

Post by andythenorth »

Hello Mr. Bird,

Would you be so good as to mention some plans for wagons, specifically those from about 1970 onwards?

I'm playing a UKRS + FIRS game at the moment. This set me thinking of a few wagons I could draw as add-ons, however there seems no point doing them to UKRS scale. However the P1JK wiki currently offers a white space in respect of wagons. This is pleasing to my inner graphic designer, but light on information content :)

Things I may or may not draw include:
- Fertiliser Vans http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c23762.html - Farm Supplies
- Presflo http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c1659807.html Chemicals, Goods (cement), Sand, Bauxite
- PCA (replaces Presflo) http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c1715177.html
- POA scrap wagons, could also be refitted to box mineral wagons. http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c777680.html
- bogie Cargo Waggon / Curtain Side flat (most cargos)
- 2 axle speedlink open wagon (most cargos)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: [OTTD] PJ1K (UKRS) - Public Alpha (pa 0.3) 31/10/2009

Post by PikkaBird »

Code: Select all

Passenger Coaches      Intro
Passenger Coach        1800
6-Wheel Coach          1850
Clerestory Carriage    1870
Articulated Carriage   1925
Standard Carriage      1912
High-Speed Carriage    1975

Mail Coaches           Intro
Mail Coach             1850
Siphon Van             1890
Covered Carriage Truck 1890
Express Mail Carriage  1910
Mail Carriage          1935

Open/Hopper Wagons Intro
Open Wagon         1800
5-Plank Open       1865
Grain Hopper       1885
Steel Open         1930
Steel Hopper       1930
Bogie Hopper       1935
Covered Hopper     1960
MGR Hopper         1965
Scrap Wagon        1975
Polybulk Hopper    1985

Flat Wagons        Intro
Single Bolster     1800
Flat Wagon         1865
Bogie Bolster      1910
Well Wagon         1920
Cartic             1967
Freightliner       1972
Timber Wagon       1980
Coil Carrier       1990

Tanker Wagons      Intro
Tank Wagon         1865
3-Axle Tank Wagon  1900
Welded Tank Wagon  1957
Bogie Tank Wagon   1977

Vans               Intro
Covered Van        1865
XP Van             1890
Livestock Van      1865
Speedlink Van      1968
Stock Car          1970

Brake Vans         Intro
10t Brake Van      1800
20t Brake Van      1870
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] UKRS2 - Public Alpha (pa 0.41) 13/07/10

Post by andythenorth »

Fertiliser van. Never drawn a train before, I guess I'll get better as I go along :|

Stolen extensively from P1JK sprites, same dimensions as bogie bolster.

Based on these: http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c23762.html

EDIT: template was wrong, updated.

1CC, 2CC, 2CC + white. Available 1968-1994 in RL. Capacity 25t, unladen weight 23t. 60mph. Feel free to adjust stats to game. Intended for FIRS Farm Supplies, might be evil / fun to make this refit to a limited range of cargos.
This template layout should be correct.
This template layout should be correct.
fertiliser_van.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 18454 times
Last edited by andythenorth on 14 Jul 2010 06:36, edited 2 times in total.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] UKRS2 - Public Alpha (pa 0.41) 13/07/10

Post by lawton27 »

Nice to see the add-on set building, and Pikka great job with the new release, all the new trains are splendid.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

lawton27 wrote: However I do feel like drawing more, but my last ones just got worse and worse, if I was to draw some more I'd need a good suggestion of existing and iconic engines like my Pacific's. Which is hard as pikka has got most trains that would spring to mind already in the main set, (rightly so). :D
Here's some suggestions: (some of which were in UKRS but were left out)
Class 52 "Western"
Class 55 "Deltic"
Class 70 "PowerHaul"
Class 28 "BoCo"
Metrovick EM2 (or the more common EM1)
SR Class 4DD
Sprinter
Pendolino
(EDIT) The Class 67

I'd say some of them are iconic, and unique (especially the 4DD) :wink:
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 15 Jul 2010 00:53, edited 2 times in total.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

andythenorth wrote:Finished the speedlink wagon. If I get *really* bored I'll do more load sprites, but this will do for now :)
Hey, when you get bored think you coul dmaybe tackle some of the missing locomotives? Like, the Deltic? For its time its a decent fast and powerful passenger loco
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Development”