[OTTD] Generic Cars [v0.4] 22/02/2010

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Generic Cars [v0.2]

Post by planetmaker »

So... vehicleIDs didn't change? Then this discussion is mute ;-)
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

planetmaker wrote:So... vehicleIDs didn't change? Then this discussion is mute ;-)
I assume you know the difference between two similar sounding but different in their meaning words, and purposely chose the wrong one followed by a winky smiley, to confuse the hell out of people?
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

In which case I will just upload v0.3 as an update to v0.2, just need to get home from work!
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Then this discussion is mute
Lol, just noticed this. I think you will find the discussion is moo, like something a cow would say.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Hm... looks like my vocabulary needs a fix. I meant to say something like "... then this discussion is dispensable / void / unnecessary / gratuitous / ... "

It's an uncalled-for confusion, but I can swear I've heard that sentence more than one time in a situation like this - my dictionaries don't give me a word I could have searched for, though, which comes phonetically close to "mute" and a meaning in the right direction.
Ronstar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ronstar »

Moot.

Though I've always liked Joey's defence of the word being "moo" in 'Friends': "Yeah, moo. It's like a cow's opinion - it doesn't matter. It's moo."

Ronnie
Any TT, TTD or OTTD sprites I have ever posted to this forum or elsewhere may be used as-is or in edited form free of charge for any purpose without credit in perpetuity.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Lets try not to stray off topic please.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

PikkaBird wrote:Personally, I'd just overwrite the old one (it's not like anyone's likely to have made some massive game with the old set, or is going to want to use both 0.2 and 0.3 simultaneously). Otherwise, yeah, it'll need a new grf id.
I actually do, the 0.2 cars are great as taxis (or sherut or microbuses) to serve small villages. It would be great to have both.
andythenorth wrote: Other ideas:
- street sweeper
- white line painting crew
- grader
- snow plough
- refuse/recycling truck
- emergency services
What about an oversize transport which can´t be passed?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: [OTTD] Generic Cars [v0.2]

Post by PikkaBird »

Tada, 0.4. Now with a parameter to turn off the random beeps while the car is driving around (set the first parameter to 1), at the request of XMJ.
Attachments
cars.grf
Generic Cars v0.4
(316.32 KiB) Downloaded 1589 times
XMJ
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Generic Cars [v0.4] 22/02/2010

Post by XMJ »

Thank you, Pikka!

Just tested it, works fine ;)

Now I can build even more cars :D
Attachments
This is how it looks now... but there's some more space left on the highway... :)
This is how it looks now... but there's some more space left on the highway... :)
WaRoX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaRoX »

How to set parameter to disable beeps?
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Like this I believe (though you should use v0.4 not v0.3 of generic cars :) )*

*Disclamer, this statement is 100% untested!
Attachments
generic cars parameters.png
generic cars parameters.png (7.59 KiB) Viewed 5309 times
WaRoX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaRoX »

Oh, so simple, thanks :) I thought that I need to enter some text like "variable_name=1", but it is simple "1" :)
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I think I have found a bug, not sure if it is directly to do with this set. If you build a few cars in the depot, the "sell all vehicles in this depot" doesn't work. You press yes, and the cars remain in the depot. Any thoughts?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
WaRoX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaRoX »

jake.grimshaw wrote:I think I have found a bug, not sure if it is directly to do with this set. If you build a few cars in the depot, the "sell all vehicles in this depot" doesn't work. You press yes, and the cars remain in the depot. Any thoughts?
May be it happens because of zero price of cars? You need to look how the source code of this function works.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

That must be an OpenTTD bug, there is no reason this set should not work the same as any other vehicle set.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Yes, but before creating a bug report please test if it it still happens in r19277 or later.
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] Generic Cars [v0.2]

Post by ostlandr »

Thanks! Although it was pretty cool to scroll past a busy town the other day and hear actual traffic sounds- trucks revving, cars honking. . . :D Actually I think I may skip that parameter until it gets annoying.
PikkaBird wrote:Tada, 0.4. Now with a parameter to turn off the random beeps while the car is driving around (set the first parameter to 1), at the request of XMJ.
Who is John Galt?
zc15-nyonker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zc15-nyonker »

Hey Guys. I have been using this set for ages, but I have one request to make. The massive sets (GRVTS, basic industries, basic vehicles) all have complete 32bpp. Now this tiny set, only 56 sprites, doesn't. I'm no modeler, but 32bpp would get this set caught up and it would only take a few weeks tops. Plus cars especially the old ones, would look awesome like you've never seen on 32bpp.
A fan of OTTD, Transport Empire
My creations: World Across Scenario
Steam power & local factories are the answer to America's problems. Oh, yeah. Representatives that represent are needed too.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

This is on my to-do list, and should be easy(ish) to do because they were based on 3D objects to start with... Just be patient, it will happen at some point, especially if 32bpp extra zoom levels hits trunk...

Return to “Graphics Development”