A-Train 8

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

igw202
Engineer
Engineer

A-Train 8

Post by igw202 »

Anyone tried it? used to love it on the amiga ages ago but i think the graphics for this one are very dull and it puts me off.. everything is just so grey. lol. There's a demo if anyone wants to give it a go:

http://www.filefront.com/13372441/A-Train-8-Demo/

some screenshots: http://www.bluestonegames.com/atrain8.htm

oh btw, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. wasnt sure where else to post it.
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: A-Train 8

Post by beeb375 »

Damn, those graphics looks pretty bad for a £30 game, there's no decent texture or lighting effects on anything.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

beeb375 wrote:Damn, those graphics looks pretty bad for a £30 game, there's no decent texture or lighting effects on anything.
...and they call it HD. Did anybody around try it, maybe at least the gameplay is good (though I doubt so, if people are really enthusiastic about a game they make, they would at least make a decent website without typos)...
igw202
Engineer
Engineer

Post by igw202 »

its basically a city building game without roads. you can build some complex track configurations but there are no signals. It does require you to move raw materials around to construct certain buildings however so i suppose thats a new aspect (kinda)
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Why does each A-Train game look just like the old one from years ago, but more 3D?
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Why not really? Not all games are improved simply by turning them into a 3D environment, offering a complete make-over. There are many examples out there of games that has turned 3D, but sort of lost their genuine touch somehow! Perhaps it's just as simple as keeping that familiar touch to A-Train that made ArtDink take less steps transforming a rather sucessful game into something completely different! This way I'm sure they're able to keep both previous fans and attract also new ones!

I for one will most likely buy the game! I always found it depressing that later sequels to A-Train wasn't possible to purchase outside of Japan, so this is sort of good news really! And apparently it's a new Game Company providing this for us, started in 2007 as they did! Also great news as I believe in a game market that offers diversity rather than a few large game companies, most of them focusing on the same kind of "sport, action, and adventure" games... :?

And is £30 really that much? I think it's quite a normal prize for a game like this!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

awful! Really awful! I just tried it...
The interface is all but intuitive. It doesn't represent any simulation at all. Heck, TTO was better than this >_>

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
igw202
Engineer
Engineer

Post by igw202 »

i dont mind the interface, perhaps track construction could be easier though.

whats tto? so far im my opinion not much has compared to trains & trucks tycoon, its such a shame ubisoft screwed everything up
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

TTO is Transport Tycoon Original, surely you know this as these are the TT forums :lol: . TTO didn't even have one-way signals did it?
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

No, TTO did not have one way signals. Those were introduced in TTD.

I'll explain this in advance:
TTD = Transport Tycoon Deluxe. 8)
Without Trains America Stops

igw202
Engineer
Engineer

Post by igw202 »

i played the original transport tycoon when it first came out, however many years ago that was. good game..
paxl13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paxl13 »

May I say that this game is'nt mean to be played as like TTD...
Anyway, it remember old souvenir :)

That a great game BUT the learning curve it FAR too HARD ( I understound it realy fast but I've played
a lot of A-Train Dos a long time ago :) )

Anyway, any other people that love the micro-management this game require ?
paxl13

Return to “Off-Topic”