Bridges revisited

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

MrMox
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Bridges revisited

Post by MrMox »

After having been a bit annoyed with inconsistent prices between the various bridgesets (e.g. Purno's bridges are very cheap compared to Pikkabird's viaduct), I wrote this small grf. If placed after the last bridge(set) in the newgrf list it will modify the base price and top speed for all bridges. I choose to modify the top speed to get a better spread and then let the price be directly related to the top speed.

This means that the following bridges are available:

Wooden - Top: 40 mph
Concrete - Top: 80 mph
Girder, steel - Top: 60 mph
Suspension, concrete - Top: 180 mph
Suspension, steel - Top: 120 mph
Suspension, steel - Top: 80 mph
Cantilever, steel - Top: 100 mph
Cantilever, steel - Top: 130 mph
Cantilever, steel - Top: 150 mph
Girder, steel - Top: 160 mph
Tubular, steel - Top: 200 mph

Furthermore, if this grf is placed below pb_build.grf (or pb_build.grf isn't loaded), some building costs are affected too (compared to the base price):

Raise bridge building cost (x64)
Raise tunnel building cost (x32)
Raise terraforming cost (x32)

The grf is released under the GPL license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GPL/2.0/.

- Have fun :twisted:

v0.3 (Feb 21, 2009)
Swapped stats for concrete bridge and girder steel bridge.

v0.2 (Feb 21, 2009)
Decreased tunnel building cost fra x64 to x32.

v0.1 (Apr 26, 2007)
Original.
Attachments
bridgeprop.grf
(289 Bytes) Downloaded 1320 times
Last edited by MrMox on 01 Oct 2009 15:43, edited 4 times in total.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Bridges revisited

Post by Zhall »

wow. thats expensive. I like silicon... :(
Dave

Post by Dave »

Good call :D
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
bigos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bigos »

Can you make that grf with parameters? 3 parameters for 3 multiplers? So anyone can decide about prices:)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

MrMox hasn't been around since July.. :-/
Doesn't seem like this has any form of licence though. Spose that someone else may modify it then?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Bennythen00b wrote:Doesn't seem like this has any form of licence though. Spose that someone else may modify it then?
Uhm... no, no license means you have no rights to modify it. Unless copyright expires, which is in I believe 70 years (assuming he died).
MrMox
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MrMox »

Well, I'm not quite dead yet, just lurking :)

The grf is available from BaNaNaS with a GPL v3 attached, so feel free to modify. I may have a commented nfo lying around, I'll try and see if I can locate it, it should make things a bit easier. Otherwise I think openttdcoop has published a grf that does something similar and uses parameters.
bigos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bigos »

Cant find that at BaNaNaS or from openttdcoop. Would be nice if you upgrade it:)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Rubidium wrote:
Bennythen00b wrote:Doesn't seem like this has any form of licence though. Spose that someone else may modify it then?
Uhm... no, no license means you have no rights to modify it. Unless copyright expires, which is in I believe 70 years (assuming he died).
Technically indeed. However, in most cases like these I don't think the author really minds if you'd continue his work.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Your thots concerning the opinion of the author have no bearing on the actual opinion of said author, nor on the legality of actions that depend on your thots being accurate.

I would have thought you knew this by now.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Oh I sure know that's it isn't legally allowed.
But I also know most authors wouldn't have problems with it.

Trying to contact the author is always your best first shot.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
MrMox
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MrMox »

To avoid any further confusion I've put in a note in the original post about the license used.

Return to “Graphics Development”