Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Japan Set Development

Post by ISA »

DaleStan wrote:And you are using what versions of TTDPatch and jpbuild2?
Latest nightly (downloaded today) and jpbuild 2 what is few post above.
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

I'm on holidays and can't make any tests right now. I will look into it when I get back next week.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I finally did the website update, sorry for the delay. I noticed that contrary to advertising, there was no updated Readme for the Buildings. Do you have one? If so please sent it over and I'll add it, thanks!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

Look again. The readme is included in the zip file I posted above. :wink:
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes... the old readme, dated July.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

Oh, sorry for the confusion. It says July because I finished the readme in July. But it does describe the current version and was never posted before. So you can put it on the download page as it is or change the word July to August if you like.

EDIT: Even more confusion. The current version is still called v2 alpha 2, when it should be alpha 3. But I guess it would create an even bigger mess to change that now.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

ISA wrote:
DaleStan wrote:And you are using what versions of TTDPatch and jpbuild2?
Latest nightly (downloaded today) and jpbuild 2 what is few post above.
Any news?
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

As I said above, you will have to wait until I get back to my computer at home. However, I am quite sure I know what the problem is: TTDPatch does not support long format intro dates (which maybe should have been clear to me but is not so very clearly stated on the TTDPatch Wiki). Anyway, I really should test all grfs with both OpenTTD and TTDPatch. I will fix this in the next couple of days.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

dandan wrote:Oh, sorry for the confusion. It says July because I finished the readme in July. But it does describe the current version and was never posted before. So you can put it on the download page as it is or change the word July to August if you like.

EDIT: Even more confusion. The current version is still called v2 alpha 2, when it should be alpha 3. But I guess it would create an even bigger mess to change that now.
Well, if there's some little bug, you can fix it, then re-release a properly incremented new version with all the numbers right. :mrgreen:
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

Okay, here is version 2 alpha 3 then :wink:

Should now work with TTDPatch. No other changes.

EDIT: files removed. Newer version below.
Last edited by dandan on 30 Aug 2009 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
forawhile
Engineer
Engineer

Post by forawhile »

Hi everyone,

I can't get the town names or buildings NewGRF's to load during an already running game, which makes using them with scenarios a bit impossible. Is this a known problem?

When I click Apply Changes in the NewGRF settings window, there's no indication that anything went wrong, no warning icons, messages or dialogs appear.

Just to clarify, I have no problem with setting them up from the main screen first and then starting a new game, but this doesn't apply to scenarios or saved games of course.

I'm running OTTD 0.7.2 on OS X, and using Japanese Buildings 2.a2 and Japanese Town Names 0.6 available (as of writing) from the online content screen.

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate my point.

Thanks
Attachments
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (274.8 KiB) Viewed 602 times
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Very much OT here....

(And you answered the question already (partially) self.)

Greets
Ammler
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

It is a known problem. Unfortunately, it is not something that can be changed via NewGRF so there is nothing we, the Japan Set people, can do about it. Any other building set and any other town name set will show the same behaviour.

(Whether this is a bug in OpenTTD or a deliberate design choice, I don't know; see also this ticket on flyspray.)
forawhile
Engineer
Engineer

Post by forawhile »

Ammler wrote:Very much OT here....
Apologies if this had a better place (such as the OpenTTD Problems forum), I didn't know the problem was in OpenTTD.
dandan wrote:It is a known problem. Unfortunately, it is not something that can be changed via NewGRF so there is nothing we, the Japan Set people, can do about it. Any other building set and any other town name set will show the same behaviour.

(Whether this is a bug in OpenTTD or a deliberate design choice, I don't know; see also this ticket on flyspray.)
I'm sorry to hear that's the case, thanks for the tracker link, I'll be following this one eagerly!

thank you for your replies
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Its because some building sets have differnt sized building that replace the OpenTTD Buildings like TTRS or the UK Houses, it could make a 1x1 OpenTTD house be a 2x1 or 2x2 in TTRS or UK Houses
Also, for the town names, its a pain, but just go on the net and find a bunch of japanese town names (real or fictional) and rename your towns with that, you dont have to do every town, just the ones you serve for now unless you want everything to have a japanese name
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

Here is an update to the train set. A lot of small fixes and improvements and one major feature. I have decided that this is now v2.0, no alpha and no beta. Any further bugfixes without new features will be numbered 2.0.x.

WHAT'S NEW?
=========

1) The 4th GRF-parameter now controls not only the load amount but also the capacities of passenger and mail cars. For the default, we now have 40 passengers per car for express trains, 50 passengers per car for normal and Shinkansen passenger trains and 60 passengers per car for commuter trains. The parameter can be used to increase those values (especially useful for those who play with cargo destinations). See readme for details.

2) Added "Passenger car (local)" and "Mail car (local)", available until 1965.

3) The running costs system has been changed a lot internally to increase wagon running costs along with the capacities. But for the default capacities, the changes should not be very noticeable. Any feedback on balance issues here is very welcome.

4) Made the brake van (caboose) mandatory for trains with early freight cars.

5) Added road crossings for narrow gauge tracks and Zimmlock's old style roads. Added snowy road crossings.

6) Changed the code of articulated electric engines (EH10, EH200, EH500). You will have to sell and rebuy those if you update an old savegame!

7) Fixed the bugs reported above: Slopes for Sanchimaru's Shinkansen tracks, wrong capacities displayed for articulated trains (thanks Ammler & Planetmaker)

8 ) Yet another round of alignment fixes

9) Numerous other bug fixes and small changes to vehicle stats
Attachments
jptrains2win.zip
(1019.97 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
jptrains2dos.zip
(1015 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
ATEU2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ATEU2 »

The new version of Japan Train Set sounds great which old passenger cars can have more livery

Besides, here is sprites for Kiha 181 series DMU.

Kiha 181 series DMU is a replacement and upgrade of Kiha 82 series DMU, it start services at 1969. Like Kiha 82, Kiha 181 is also designed for Limited Express Services.

This type of DMU is first put on service at Chuo Line (Limited Express Shinano) and Tohoku area (e.g. Limited Express Tsubasa), then it is put on services on San-in area and Shikoku. After 1987, this type is inherited by JR West Japan and JR Shikoku.

I drew three sets of sprites, JNR Original, West Japan and Shikoku. Of course, before 1987, all Kiha 181s is painted in JNR Original Colours. Afterwards, JR Shikoku repainted its Kiha 181 (JR Shikoku's Kiha 181 retired in 1993) and until about 2003 to 2005, JR West wasn't repaint its Kiha 181s.

At now, Kiha 181 is using on Limited Express "Hamakaze ", which provide service between Osaka and Tottori, and this type is going to be replaced in 2011.

Here is some of the spectifications of Kiha 181
Max. Speed: 120km/h
Power of each power cabin: 500hp(continous)/590hp(30 minutes average)
Weight: 44t

Sprites for each set are arranged in this order.

Front of driving car when it is heading front | Front of driving car when it is heading back
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back of driving car              | Non-driving car
Kiha 181.png
Kiha 181.png (18.48 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

ATEU2 wrote:Besides, here is sprites for Kiha 181 series DMU.
Great work on the sprites!

dandan has been flat-out recently and I'm sure will get back to these as soon as possible... I really like your work and it's a nice surprise when we get contributions of this standard.

Return to “Graphics Development”