North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008] - ** Update **

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008] - ** Update **

Post by krtaylor »

Website updated.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Ben1338
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ben1338 »

Were do I get North American Roads Set v0.8c?

I've looked all over this thread but the attachment had been deleted. And posts with the new version of the GRF replaced it.

I need it for a server which uses it.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is there something wrong with the current version, 1.0?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Ben1338
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ben1338 »

No. there's nothing wrong with it.

It's just that I need the exact GRF to go onto the server.

For single player I use 1.0.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I'm developing the high speed railway set. I want make it compatible with some roadsets. I have modified some of your sprites here with the high speed railway tiles. Can I use these tiles in the high speed railway GRF file?

Also, there is a bug in sprite 1174 (v1.0 - 13-6-2008): is one pixel less tall, and the four bottom pixels are lost.
Attachments
tiles modified.
tiles modified.
NA.PNG (7.79 KiB) Viewed 4853 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

maquinista wrote:I'm developing the high speed railway set. I want make it compatible with some roadsets. I have modified some of your sprites here with the high speed railway tiles. Can I use these tiles in the high speed railway GRF file?
Will you you cater for ...
. all climates (temperate, arctic and sub-tropical, as well as above snowline for both temperate and arctic)
. left and right traffic side
. both 'dirt' and 'bitumen' roads
. player choice of always 'dirt', always 'bitumen' and automatic, as well as being able to swap at any time.
. 'unifiedmaglev' switch regardless of setting.
. having NARoads activated anywhere in the list of graphic sets.

You may want to consider, whether it would be better to have your rail crossings included in NARoads.

BTW, the palette in your sprite sheet above is not TTD compatible.
... there is a bug in sprite 1174 ...
Well spotted; I'll fix it but won't release an update as it doesn't cause any graphical glitches currently.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

OzTransLtd wrote: Will you you cater for ...
. all climates (temperate, arctic and sub-tropical, as well as above snowline for both temperate and arctic)
. left and right traffic side
. both 'dirt' and 'bitumen' roads
. player choice of always 'dirt', always 'bitumen' and automatic, as well as being able to swap at any time.
. 'unifiedmaglev' switch regardless of setting.
. having NARoads activated anywhere in the list of graphic sets.

You may want to consider, whether it would be better to have your rail crossings included in NARoads.

BTW, the palette in your sprite sheet above is not TTD compatible.
Is better the second option.... there are some things that I don't know how to code.

There are some problems... have two files with the same GRFID, one for TTDPatch and other of OTTD. This is because TTDPatch loads the Spain set high speed trains as monorail and OTTD as maglev (and the sprites replaced with Action A are different).

Now, I think that It could be better to wait until I made the speed rails GRF in a single file for TTDPatch and OTTD. It could take some time...

The palette of the file posted was optimized. If It is necessary, I can upload these crossings in TTD standard palette.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

maquinista wrote:If It is necessary, I can upload these crossings in TTD standard palette.
Mind you that there are two instances of "TTD standard palette". Namely the DOS and the Windows one. :wink:
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

maquinista wrote:... have two files with the same GRFID, one for TTDPatch and other of OTTD. ...
There is no need to have 2 GRFs, i.e. one for TTDPatch and one for OpenTTD. One single set can easily be coded to cater for both platforms. There are several methods that you can use. In any case, in TTDPatch, you will have to implement your sprites either as monorail or maglev depending on the 'unifiedmaglev' patch setting. Well, you do that if you want to be kind to the players.

Define all Action-0As as if they were to use monorail, then use global variable 0x99 (Global ID offset) to add an offset, if you want to override sprites for maglev. If OpenTTD does not support variable 0x99, then you can use a parameter and update the Action-0A via an Action-06.
... the sprites replaced with Action A are different ...
If they are really different, then you just skip the Action-0A if it is the wrong platform. I doubt they will be different. There are a few additional ones, which you simply don't load in TTDPatch. An Action-09 and variable 0x8D will help you there.

Once you have your sprites ready together with a list of sprite numbers you want to replace and still need some help just ask. Then, send me the crossing sprites together with the GRFID of the rail track set and I see what I can do. In your set you just do not replace any rail crossing sprites, if NARoads is loaded.

... and as FooBar mentioned, you do need 2 GRFs one for Windows and one for DOS; but basically they are the same, they are just encoded with a different palette.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

OzTransLtd wrote:
maquinista wrote:... have two files with the same GRFID, one for TTDPatch and other of OTTD. ...
There is no need to have 2 GRFs, i.e. one for TTDPatch and one for OpenTTD. One single set can easily be coded to cater for both platforms. There are several methods that you can use. In any case, in TTDPatch, you will have to implement your sprites either as monorail or maglev depending on the 'unifiedmaglev' patch setting. Well, you do that if you want to be kind to the players.

Define all Action-0As as if they were to use monorail, then use global variable 0x99 (Global ID offset) to add an offset, if you want to override sprites for maglev. If OpenTTD does not support variable 0x99, then you can use a parameter and update the Action-0A via an Action-06.
... the sprites replaced with Action A are different ...
If they are really different, then you just skip the Action-0A if it is the wrong platform. I doubt they will be different. There are a few additional ones, which you simply don't load in TTDPatch. An Action-09 and variable 0x8D will help you there.

Once you have your sprites ready together with a list of sprite numbers you want to replace and still need some help just ask. Then, send me the crossing sprites together with the GRFID of the rail track set and I see what I can do. In your set you just do not replace any rail crossing sprites, if NARoads is loaded.

... and as FooBar mentioned, you do need 2 GRFs one for Windows and one for DOS; but basically they are the same, they are just encoded with a different palette.
Thanks. I think that is better discuss this in the Spain set thread, because there are some thinks that I don't know how to code them.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

Cheers!

There´s a minor mistake in your manual, guys. I tried to enable the White House, so I put "8" in the parameters according to the manual, but it didn´t work. After some time, I found that "9" works instead. So, just correct the manual. Otherwise it´s an awesome piece of art. Keep working on!
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

filiptailor wrote:There´s a minor mistake in your manual ...
It's not an error, I just didn't make it clear enough. It's a bit switch,where all applicable values need to be added together.

In order for any other value (2,4 and 8) to work, the HQ must be enabled in the first place; i.e. value 1 must be included too. So, you are correct, that if you want to have the White House, you must first enable the HQ (value=1) then add value=8 to it for the White House to show up.
filiptailor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by filiptailor »

Aha! Now I see. It´s a little bit language problem as well. I didn´t realize that "add" means also "sum up" at the time. OK, so that´s my fault ;) But maybe you could just add the number 9 to the manual as an example of possible value for that parameter.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008] - ** Update

Post by OzTrans »

The final release of the North American Roads set can now be found in the Canadian/North American Graphics v1.0 Archive.

Please post any queries and comments regarding in game support there too; this topic is now closing ...
Last edited by OzTrans on 04 Feb 2012 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

Hello everybody! I look around this issue the download link for these new roads ect ...
I looked everywhere but I find nothing, you did not remove by any chance? I also look in Open TTD online but nothing too can you give me please thank you

Sorry for the inconsistencies of my messages,but im French
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Digitals wrote:Hello everybody! I look around this issue the download link for these new roads ect ...
I looked everywhere but I find nothing, you did not remove by any chance? I also look in Open TTD online but nothing too can you give me please thank you
Did you read the post just above yours? It tells you where to go to find the download.
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

Ok thanks sorry its been about 2 days I'm on the forum

Sorry for the inconsistencies of my messages,but im French
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Digitals wrote:Ok thanks sorry its been about 2 days I'm on the forum
Not a problem. Be sure to download and read the user guide that's available with the grf. You'll find it very enjoyable. :D
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

On an unrelated note, could I use some of the tram sprites from this set? I'm redoing the North American Road Vehicle Set (will be GPL) at the moment, and it would be nice to not have to draw trams all over again. Who drew which ones anyway?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---

Return to “Graphics Development”