[REL] Highspeed Railtrack

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

freepoekie
Engineer
Engineer

[REL] Highspeed Railtrack

Post by freepoekie »

hi everyone,

here is the first realease of the High speed track.
i modded the original TGV and ESTAR to roll on the new track.

update 1

new version compactible with:
Zimm's new coalmine stations
Platikman and the CLW packs
My own station pack

you can mod your trackst to be compactible with the trackhs than you can make junctions and crossing with 2 different track's
Attachments
highspeed track.zip
(353.38 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
Screenshot10.jpg
Last edited by freepoekie on 01 Jul 2010 20:27, edited 3 times in total.
noah
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Highspeed Railtrack

Post by noah »

Yes, it is nice and realestic. If you can ,thowe, try to recolor the track to be more like the real thing.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I had been thinking about doing a highspeed track, that would have had banked corners, but you beat me to it obviously.
Redimus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Redimus »

noah wrote:Yes, it is nice and realestic. If you can ,thowe, try to recolor the track to be more like the real thing.
That *is* more like the real thing. With Concrete sleepers and clean fresh balest, that's pretty much what a mordern peice of track looks like.

Does it in anyway affect the speed, or is it just basicly a new skin?
Warning: Subject has been known to show the kind of mental agility that would make Locomotion's AI blush.
mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

Post by mmarvelstrain »

looks good.
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
freepoekie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by freepoekie »

I made some more screens here.

I also put some stations and extra vichles to the track

enjoy
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (277.01 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (243.43 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
Screenshot3.png
Screenshot3.png (286.25 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Ok, just a few things just to clear thing up;

1. I like the track, could be more concretish though.
2. I guess you would only release the track?
3. I see you have modified, some non-original trains to run on it, i hope you wont release them without permission of the repected owners.
4. If you meet the above it would be a nice addition.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

if you could make it a trackmod file (power lines, third rail, rack rail) then you could use it with any trains you want
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Wont work, it will have the speedlimits of the original track.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

i didn't think it increased the speed limits, well you could just up the speed on the normal track
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

rdrdrdrd wrote:if you could make it a trackmod file (power lines, third rail, rack rail) then you could use it with any trains you want
That has been done and released.

There is a similar unreleased mod to make mainlines concrete and abandoned lines overgrown. The problem is there is a three trackmod limit so it is usless if you have electric trains.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

isn't the limit six or seven? also, who uses third rail?

Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

rdrdrdrd wrote: also, who uses third rail?
Anyone who uses the BR Set for a start..........
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

rdrdrdrd wrote:isn't the limit six or seven?
Yes, but only the first 3 in alpabetical order work in game.

Anyone with Subway trains NYC, Chicago, London ect.

New York Central had 3rd rail also.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

It was meant more as a friendly jibe, but I was also wondering...
also, could there be a way around that limit?, what specifically does keep it from working, is there no room on the list?

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

rdrdrdrd wrote:It was meant more as a friendly jibe, but I was also wondering...
also, could there be a way around that limit?, what specifically does keep it from working, is there no room on the list?
You can see it, you can select it, the savegame/scenario requires it; you can't build it/place it. Only the first 3.

Go figure.

If you rename the objects so they change order in the menu, the top 3 are still the only 3 buildable.

If anyone sees a work around, I'm open to ideas and have stuff ready to go.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Plastikman wrote:
rdrdrdrd wrote:isn't the limit six or seven?
Yes, but only the first 3 in alpabetical order work in game.
I would of presumed that its the order then are in the trackst, but having said that i've not actually tried and rail mods so I'm just thinking theoretically.

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

can you select them in game or does it just not show up on the menu?
Also, could you just put all the objects in the objdata and make separate vehicles that require them, like 3 construction tools, so if you have a space open because you didn't use third rail or overhead wires (btw the new ones are great) you could select the vehicles that correspond to the mods you want too use, for example... I have a gg-1 and some desils selected, that leaves one spot taken, so I could choose the construction tool, and the disused track tool.

Another idea is to make the mods for NG track and just lay that right over the normal track.

And yet another idea is to have the disused track as a signal with no towers or lights, just the disused track texture

mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

Post by mmarvelstrain »

Plastikman wrote:
Anyone with Subway trains NYC, Chicago, London ect.

New York Central had 3rd rail also.
altough those trains use it do they use this type of track. i thought it was a mod not a replacement?
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
MSTS33
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] Highspeed Railtrack

Post by MSTS33 »

This mod is very good except one problem.
When I buy a TGV engine(or the Electra-Star engine), the TGV carriage(or the Electra-Star carriage) don't appear in the in the menu where you buy vehicles and vice-versa.
Someone had the same problem?

MSTS33.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”