..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Post by maquinista »

DJ Nekkid wrote:assuming that screenie is made in openttd, it doesn't (yet) support catenary over the 3rd and 4th rail type.
Yes, It was a OpenTTD Screenshot. Also, I will test it on TTDPatch, because I there is a Action that draws the catenary.
Also, I will add support for some road sets in railway crossings.
Attachments
sprites.7z
Sourcecode.
(214.93 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I'm trying add some changes to Spain set.

Now, the third rail has overhead wires. This doesn't work in OpenTTD.

I have changed the date of introduction of some locomotives and some wagons (only the earliest wagons), to add support for pre-1920 games. 1848 is the year of the first train in Spain. Also, there was a line in Cuba before this year (1837), but It would better in a Cuba train set.

This locomotive could be interesting in this set, because it was the first locomotive (1948):
http://www.jorges.arrakis.es/materialre ... 1-1-1.html
It can have a top speed of 40 km/h (It is an approximation). I don't know the power. The weight is 23.600 kg of locomotive, and 5.000 Kg of tender. The tractive effort is 2.320 Kg.

Other interesting new locomotive is the RENFE Class 253. It is a Bombardier TRAXX (electric, for freight services), with a power of 5600 kW and 140km/h of speed. It can start on 2009. There is some photos and pictures:
http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1405157&lang=1

I'm adding support for new cargos. The wagons have the same refitting options with original cargos. The new cargos (ECS & FIRS) would need news sprites.

But... I need some help with the Open Autorack. Now, it allow only "goods". But I want that if there is defined a cargo named "Vehicles" (VEHI, index 17h in my translation table), It should allow only Vehicles and not goods.

Now, I have a problem, If I play a scenario with all ECS vectors, this vehicle allows Refined products (RFPR, index 3Ah).

I have implemented this code at the bottom of the NFO file:

Code: Select all

8986 * 9	 07 9A 04 0B "VEHI"    01 //If there is Vehicles, 1 line is skipped \7c
 8987 * 7	 00 00 01 01 2E    15 17 // Open Autorack
And I have implemented this cargo translation table at the start (I have added all cargos here):

Code: Select all

// Cargo translation table - tabla de traducción de cargas
    8 * 290	 00 08 01 47 00 09
"PASS" "COAL" "MAIL" "OIL_"  //  0 -  3   00 - 03
"LVST" "GOOD" "GRAI" "WOOD"  //  4 -  7   04 - 07
"IORE" "STEL" "VALU" "PAPR"  //  8 - 11   08 - 0B
"WHEA" "FOOD" "GOLD" "RUBR"  // 12 - 15   0C - 0F
"FRUT" "MAIZ" "CORE" "WATR"  // 16 - 19   10 - 13
"TWOD" "DIAM" "SUGR" "VEHI"  // 20 - 23   14 - 17  TOYS --> VEHI--Vehicles
"BATT" "SWET" "TOFF" "CMNT"  // 24 - 27   18 - 1B  COLA --> CMNT--cement
"CTCD" "BUBL" "PLST" "FZDR"  // 28 - 31   1C - 1F

"AORE" "ALUM" "BRCK" "CERA"  // 32 - 35   20 - 23
"CERE" "CLAY" "COLA" "COPR"  // 36 - 39   24 - 27
"CTTN" "DURA" "DYES" "ENSP"  // 40 - 43   28 - 2B
"FERT" "FICR" "FISH" "FMSP"  // 44 - 47   2C - 2F
"GEAR" "GLAS" "GRVL" "LIME"  // 48 - 51   30 - 33
"MILK" "OLSD" "PART" "PETR"  // 52 - 55   34 - 37
"PLAS" "POTA" "RFPR" "SAND"  // 56 - 59   38 - 3B
"SCRP" "SGCN" "SULP" "SVSP"  // 60 - 63   3C - 3F
"TOUR" "UORE" "URAN" "TOYS"  // 64 - 67
"WDPR" "WOOL" "WSTE"  // 68-71
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Do you want to post an improved version of the GRF file with your fixes?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

krtaylor wrote:Do you want to post an improved version of the GRF file with your fixes?
This version is not completed, there are more sprites needed (bauxite, sand...), and changes (for example, if there are milk as cargo, tankers shouldn't allow goods as milk). Also, I have added the altaria and talgo 200 trains (in the 252 locomotive with regional passengers car), but these trains needs some fixes.
Attachments
spainsetw.grf
Preview GRF file for windows.
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

Great to see some progress on this lovely set again. Extending it into the past is definitly a good idea, the steamers are to nice to replace them so early. But I wouldn´t go as far as 1848, it changes gameplay considerably.

I know it´s under construction, but I hope my observations might be helpfull.

Some locos are to be used on highspeed services only, but look like ordinary ones, some are even the same model (like 319), a short info would be good for those unfamiliar with spanish trains. Otherwise they may wonder why a loco is offered two times for different prices. Some locos don´t have running cost yet (319, 353, 252, 100 AVE, Talgo XXI, 104 AVE, 103 AVE, 102 AVE, TRAVCA)

Some things I noticed about cargo translation of freightcars (ECS):
Talgo I and XXI are refitable to many cargos like coal, steel, iron ore.
boxcars: small boxcar not refitable, trap-sided car introduced 1977, medium and large boxcar 1980. Medium heavier than large one. They should be refitable to fruit, (glass, wool, paper, cereals, dyes, fertilizer?).
flatcars: food, wool, glass, dyes, fertilizer, fibre crops maybe better transported on other cars? Container carrier is refitable to oil, livestock and gasoline.
hoppers: maybe should not be refitable to fruit, (food?) but wood, wood products and bricks, large hopper might carry coal and iron ore, but not gold and fruit. Closed hopper only transports cereals.
tankers: short tanker refitable to livestock
autorack: default cargo refined products. (as mentioned above)
Some cargos are currently carried by only one car: cement (short hoper), paper (flatcar), no early car for fish.

Otherwise it seems to be fine. (tested on Ottd r16269, all ECS vectors beta 5)
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Coxx wrote:Great to see some progress on this lovely set again. Extending it into the past is definitly a good idea, the steamers are to nice to replace them so early. But I wouldn´t go as far as 1848, it changes gameplay considerably.

I know it´s under construction, but I hope my observations might be helpfull.

Some locos are to be used on highspeed services only, but look like ordinary ones, some are even the same model (like 319), a short info would be good for those unfamiliar with spanish trains. Otherwise they may wonder why a loco is offered two times for different prices. Some locos don´t have running cost yet (319, 353, 252, 100 AVE, Talgo XXI, 104 AVE, 103 AVE, 102 AVE, TRAVCA)

Some things I noticed about cargo translation of freightcars (ECS):
Talgo I and XXI are refitable to many cargos like coal, steel, iron ore.
boxcars: small boxcar not refitable, trap-sided car introduced 1977, medium and large boxcar 1980. Medium heavier than large one. They should be refitable to fruit, (glass, wool, paper, cereals, dyes, fertilizer?).
flatcars: food, wool, glass, dyes, fertilizer, fibre crops maybe better transported on other cars? Container carrier is refitable to oil, livestock and gasoline.
hoppers: maybe should not be refitable to fruit, (food?) but wood, wood products and bricks, large hopper might carry coal and iron ore, but not gold and fruit. Closed hopper only transports cereals.
tankers: short tanker refitable to livestock
autorack: default cargo refined products. (as mentioned above)
Some cargos are currently carried by only one car: cement (short hoper), paper (flatcar), no early car for fish.

Otherwise it seems to be fine. (tested on Ottd r16269, all ECS vectors beta 5)
Thanks for your suggestions. There are lots of things to fix.
Coxx wrote:tankers: short tanker refitable to livestock
Yes, It is milk (as cargo subtype). My idea is that if there is "milk" as cargo, disallow livestock on tankers, and allow milk as cargo. The problem is that this idea does not work with the autorack and I don't know where is the problem, or how to fix it.
Coxx wrote:boxcars: small boxcar not refitable, trap-sided car introduced 1977, medium and large boxcar 1980. Medium heavier than large one. They should be refitable to fruit, (glass, wool, paper, cereals, dyes, fertilizer?).
I think the same thing. It should allow too many cargos.
Coxx wrote:Some cargos are currently carried by only one car: cement (short hoper), paper (flatcar), no early car for fish.
I don't know how paper is transported in real world. In original game, the paper rolls was transported in flatcars. For cement, I prefer use closed wagons, because cement can't be transported in opened hoppers. Fish should be transported in the boxcars.
Coxx wrote:flatcars: food, wool, glass, dyes, fertilizer, fibre crops maybe better transported on other cars? Container carrier is refitable to oil, livestock and gasoline.
Yes, if You refit a flatcar in liquid cargo, It is converted in a tanker. But this tank disappears when the wagon is empty (Maybe I will change this).
Coxx wrote:hoppers: maybe should not be refitable to fruit, (food?) but wood, wood products and bricks, large hopper might carry coal and iron ore, but not gold and fruit. Closed hopper only transports cereals.
As You said, some usages are a bit strange (I see fruit better on boxes and closed wagons), but I prefer keep these usages for hoppers, and allow fruit in boxcars. Also, hoppers should be covered in movement (and uncovered when loading). This would need new sprites, the NFO code can be easily modified. The small hopper can be uncovered (It was for the early years), but It should have a speed limit. This is a covered fruit truck:

Cement should be transported only in closed wagons (small bags, big bags...) and closed hoppers like this truck (link warning: annoying window resizer page):

Closed hoppers should allow more cargos, and allow more speed.

There are more details, for example, first Talgo trains should run over convectional tracks, because they are diesel engines, and the first high speed train in Spain was a train based on TGV Atlantique (Renfe class 100) in 1992. Also, some trains should have the sparks in the rear pantograph.

To finish, there are some impossible changes (for now): There are trains that can run over convectional electrified tracks and high speed tracks with a variable axes gauge system. This can't be implemented for the moment, and these trains only runs over one track type. Also, I would like add more sparks to the pantograph at high speeds.
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

I realized I should have tested a little more in detail before giving my coments. :lol:

It´s been a while since I played this set, now I´m impressed once more by the the lovely drawn cars and the many different liveries available. (8/7 different liveries for the tankers - wow!).
The medium hopper car actually offers two different versions, maybe it could be an completly different wagon (last three cars of train 8 ).
maquinista wrote: As You said, some usages are a bit strange (I see fruit better on boxes and closed wagons), but I prefer keep these usages for hoppers, and allow fruit in boxcars. Also, hoppers should be covered in movement (and uncovered when loading). This would need new sprites, the NFO code can be easily modified. The small hopper can be uncovered (It was for the early years), but It should have a speed limit. This is a covered fruit truck: ...
The site states it´s a lorry, right?

But an open wagon could also be covered with a tarpaulin, just like the open in UKRS (mid right). Would also save some special sprites for certain cargos loaded.
Zamora Transport, 23rd Aug 1949.png
Zamora Transport, 23rd Aug 1949.png (110.68 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
2008_121408-08-20070036.jpg
2008_121408-08-20070036.jpg (92.25 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
VDR1536_2.jpg
VDR1536_2.jpg (30.93 KiB) Viewed 10355 times
An image of a wagon with a tarpauline on it is quite hard to find (second from the right). These are french wagons but I imagine the old spanish ones are rather similar.

I would say paper should be transported in a boxcar, to be protected from rain. The original cargo sprites don´t look that good anymore, there are some new cargo sprites in the Industrial stations project, maybe they could help.
maquinista wrote: There are more details, for example, first Talgo trains should run over convectional tracks, because they are diesel engines, and the first high speed train in Spain was a train based on TGV Atlantique (Renfe class 100) in 1992. ...
Ah, Gonzales "Train to Africa". It also have a different gauge, right?

Yes, there are more details like proper speed limits for traincars and so on. But it seems to me that´s not missing too much.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I really enjoy this set more and more! All this work is really amazing.

I wanted to know : is there a version of speedrail.grf that supports the OpenGFX terrain?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

arikover wrote:I really enjoy this set more and more! All this work is really amazing.

I wanted to know : is there a version of speedrail.grf that supports the OpenGFX terrain?
Not, I haven't it, but my idea is release one in the future.

For the moment, I'm releasing a version (0.2c) with more sprites:
  • Desert tunnels (without snow)
  • UK Roadset crossings (thanks to Born Acorn)
My idea is add more roadsets or landscapes.
Attachments
alta_velocidad_antiguo.zip
Zip file with TTD Patch and OpenTTD files.
(285.21 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
sprites_speedrails.rar
Sourcecode. You can copy my code.
(261.35 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Screenshot with default roads and modified TBRS file.
Screenshot with default roads and modified TBRS file.
alta_velocidad.PNG (118.98 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Well thank you very much maquinista!

I am working on the graphics right now.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the high speed railway file. I have fixed the UK Roadset crossings, and some tropical tunnels. I have added two OTTD icons.
high_speed_railway02E.zip
Download. If You need a ZIP file, You can request it.
(336.74 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
Attachments
sprites_speedrails.rar
Sourcecode.
(487.31 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Screenshot in TTDPatch.
Screenshot in TTDPatch.
SCR1.png (74.04 KiB) Viewed 9804 times
Last edited by maquinista on 17 Dec 2010 17:21, edited 2 times in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.27 available

Post by maquinista »

This is a new release. I have released it because I want release the 32 bpp sprites.

I have fixed the leng of the 260 locomotive because It was shorter than the sprite.
I have translated some train names into English. Also, I have fixed some cargo refit options in passenger trains (They only allows tourists and passenger).
I have added some sprites for the new cargos in the short flatcar. They are not very good, because I'm not a good artist. Also, I have allowed liquid cargos, transported like rubber (I have recolored the sprites for rubber). The water is transported with cisterns.

I want add more liveries in the next releases and some new cargo sprites.

The 32 bpp with extra zoom levels sprites are here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=826747#p826747

I have coded sprites for some cargos in shor flatcar, 440 class and 260 class.

EDIT1: I have seen a wrong sprite in the TAR file with 32 bpp sprites. I will fix it soon.
EDIT2: I have fixed it.
EDIT3: I have modified the link, now It is the 3rd revision with more early freight wagons.
Attachments
spainset.zip
GRF Files for DOS and Windows.
(884.4 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
Wagon with Water. Photo under CC BY-ND-NC license: http://www.vferrer.net/los-trenes-del-agua
Wagon with Water. Photo under CC BY-ND-NC license: http://www.vferrer.net/los-trenes-del-agua
lerida57.jpg (80.25 KiB) Viewed 9468 times
Last edited by maquinista on 23 Oct 2009 18:28, edited 5 times in total.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

maquinista wrote:This is a new release. I have released it because I want release the 32 bpp sprites.
Where are those?

Greets
Ammler
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Ammler wrote:
maquinista wrote:This is a new release. I have released it because I want release the 32 bpp sprites.
Where are those?

Greets
Ammler
I was uploading them. I though publish the Blend files here, and I need know the link to the post for the readme file.

Now, I will collect the blend files in a RAR file.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Hmm, I was wondering about the 32bpp sprites, not sources or such ;-)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Someone really should write a readme for this set. I've updated the websites with the new files, but they could stand some text updates too.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have a question. It's possible to know the ID of a certain vehicle in a train with an Action 2? For example, I want know what is the ID of the second wagon, and if It is a regional wagon, use a livery, and if It is a long distance wagon, use other different livery.

If this is not possible, I can use the cargo subtype to select the colors of trains.
krtaylor wrote:Someone really should write a readme for this set. I've updated the websites with the new files, but they could stand some text updates too.
I will try write it.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You can use the Readme from the Japanset as a template to start from if you like, that one works pretty well.
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Hi,

I really like the look of this set: thanks for your work on it so far.

Quick question. I am playing OTTD, and, having downloaded the high-speed tracks, there don't appear to be an overhead power lines above the high-speed track? This is different to the screenshot earlier in this forum thread.

Is there a problem with the file, or do I need to activate some kind of parameter?

Thanks,

Olly.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

OllyG wrote:Hi,

I really like the look of this set: thanks for your work on it so far.

Quick question. I am playing OTTD, and, having downloaded the high-speed tracks, there don't appear to be an overhead power lines above the high-speed track? This is different to the screenshot earlier in this forum thread.

Is there a problem with the file, or do I need to activate some kind of parameter?

Thanks,

Olly.
It only happens in OpenTTD, because It doesn't have implemented this feature.
The next release of OpenTTD will support railtypes, that allows to use catenary in the high speed railways, but It will need different GRF files.

Return to “Graphics Development”