[OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What kind of flag should futuristic trains have

UN Flag
46%
Olympic flag
7%
Have a suggested country
15%
No Flag
31%
Other, i've made a post about this
1%

Total votes: 249

DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Post by DJ Nekkid »

The set is now approaching a "finished" state. Still abit work to do, add more wagon and there still lack a few engines. But i've introduced a new feature:
"Design speed" on all wagons. This mean that with "wagon speedlimit off" all wagons will have a "max speed" where their running costs stay "normal". The wagon can _ofcourse_ be run with
Above this speed will they rise. Slow at first, then faster.
3 examples, one with design speed of 80kmh, one at 120 and one at 160

Code: Select all

80kmh	  489		705		 948
90kmh	  538		705		 948
100kmh	 647		705		 948
110kmh	 802		705		 948
120kmh	 998		705		 948
130kmh	1232		754		 948
140kmh	1500		863		 948
150kmh	1801		948		 948
160kmh	2134		1215		948
170kmh	2496		1448		997
180kmh	2887		1717		1106
190kmh	3307		2018		1262
200kmh	3753		2350		1458
210kmh	4226		2712		1691
220kmh	4725		3104		1960
230kmh	5248		3523		2261
As you can see, "speeding" does little when its done lightly, but when its too much it gets EXPENSIVE. This can ofcouse be disabled by a parameter, and that parameter will separate between pax and freight wagons :)

And ofcourse, more moden wagons will have a higher limit then old(er) ones :)

From tomorrows (Saturday the 9th of january) nightly will there be a nightly with some freight wagons, and i _think_ they shal cover most cargos in most sets, and atleast all default cargos

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys:
The 2cc set are planning a version 2.0, and we are looking for EVEN more trains:
* Any train ever built, but if there already are 3 or 4 rather similar ones, we dont really _need_ it. I.e. a 200-220kmh modern engine we already have 2 or 3 of...
* Any MU ever built, we can never get enough pax alternatives :P We have quite A LOT of modern ones, but early and cold war era is still not "full" :) (I.e. pre 1980 or 90)
* Planned near future MU's and engines.
* Sprites and suggested stats for futuristic engines and MUs...

If or when sprites are supplied, please concider this
GFX use only:
1st cc "magic blue"
2nd cc "magic green"
Grayscale colors

Color-Exeptions are:
Some brown-ish can be used on details such wheels
Yellow can be used on details such as handles to get in and out of the cab, and similar, but show moderation on this.

And remember:
Apply a phantograph if it's electric

STATS
Also, a train isnt complete without its stats. It's little use for me/us (as a) coder(s) to code a train with unknown stats. If you dont know, then make a rough guesstimate, but please make a note if this is the case. I usually dont check too much, but when i code i usually check if the train have an english wiki-page, or even a german or french one, and i use google translator to see if it produce something i can read :)
* Loading speed; i.e. if its a IC train, local/regional train, or a metro
* Intro year
* Speed
* Power in HP (or kW)
* Tractive effort
* Weight/Tons
* Cargo Capacity

My personal wishlist:
The danish IC4, one of the few (??) modern Diesel HST
The english Class 220-221-222, another modern Diesel HST
The danish DSB class SA-SD, a rather special looking regional train
The Eurostar, just to finish the TGV family :)
Some japanese trains, Shinsaken perhaps?
More non-"vestern" trains, former USSR perhaps?
Any other cool or somehow special train. Worlds heaviest, lowest weight, best power/weight ratio, some expetionally wierd look?

Original Post:

Hi Everyone.

I've decided to make a new thread, so that i dont have to bug Purno every time we make a new release. The old thread will be (or is already) locked, and you could now concider this the "official" 2cc thread.

Anyway. Version 1.0 from a couple of weeks back still had some unkown bugs, and all known bugs are now fixed, this includes:
- Fixed the silowagon (long)'s sprite, it were useing the wrong one
- Fixed both silos refittability: they now can carry cement as pointed out by nekomaster
- Fixed gondola (short)'s sprite, they now use correct sprites again
- Fixed flatbeds alignment
- Some other small minor fixes (a pixel here or there)

It's on BaNaNaS and the website soon (tm).

edit:
Now online in both formats
Last edited by DJ Nekkid on 14 Jan 2011 18:58, edited 12 times in total.
Member of the
ImageImage
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc. - Now: 1.0.1

Post by Hyronymus »

The old topic has been locked.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Good luck in your new thread, Thomas. Hopefully it will lessen Purno bugging time enough to add my DMUs in sooner!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Nice, I hope that this set can continue to keep us amazed :D

though, a few more, deisels would be nice for frieght runs, like, um, come other GE Trains, like a Universal B or C? or maybe some old, MLW trains, tough MLW is now gone.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Bandetta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bandetta »

Hi guys,

it seems to me like the parameter for purchasing / running costs only works if starting a new game. My question is, if i want to play a scenario with the 2cc trains, but reduce the prices, what can i do?
I tested (fooled around with :)) the parameters of the cost and the regions, and the region-restrictions work when loading a pre-made scenario, that uses the GRF and parameters. But prices are uneffected, unless i set the stuff in the main menu, and start a new random game.

So am i missing something or is there no way to change prices for scenarios?
Vemarkis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vemarkis »

It seems bit silly to me that both the Silo wagon, and the Hopper wagon can take grain. Not to mention, the hopper wagon has superior capacity in that field, making the silo wagon a useless purchase.

Also, it seems the set needs to take a look at the tropical climate, why can't the boxcar take food instead of the intermediate boxcar?
Also, some of the alignments are out of whack, the fully loaded livestock wagon has a different alignment compared to the empty one.
Also, seems to me the ALCO-GE-IR-Boxcar should be called ALCO-GE-IR-Boxcab. The other is a wagon, the other is a type of locomotive, indeed I cannot find any search results in google for a ALCO-GE-IR-Boxcar, but the Boxcab brings up results.
And finally, the passenger cars follow the freight car coloring in OpenTTD, instead of the Steam/Diesel/electric passenger wagon colour schemes.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Vemarkis wrote:It seems bit silly to me that both the Silo wagon, and the Hopper wagon can take grain. Not to mention, the hopper wagon has superior capacity in that field, making the silo wagon a useless purchase.
But that's nothing which is wrong IMO as both can be used for that end.
Also, it seems the set needs to take a look at the tropical climate, why can't the boxcar take food instead of the intermediate boxcar?
well... tradition :P Could / should be changed IMO
Also, many of the alignments are out of whack, the fully loaded livestock wagon has a different alignment compared to the empty one.
If more than one alignment is off, it's extremely helpful to have an exact list of which are off. With general statements it's easy to miss out on things. Also screenshot would help us to identify the problem faster.
Also, seems to me the ALCO-GE-IR-Boxcar should be called ALCO-GE-IR-Boxcab. The other is a wagon, the other is a type of locomotive, indeed I cannot find any search results in google for a ALCO-GE-IR-Boxcar, but the Boxcab brings up results.
We'll check.
And finally, the passenger cars follow the freight car coloring in OpenTTD, instead of the Steam/Diesel/electric passenger wagon colour schemes.
Can you prepare a screenshot of this? I don't understand what you mean.

Thanks for the feedback
Vemarkis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vemarkis »

planetmaker wrote:
Vemarkis wrote:It seems bit silly to me that both the Silo wagon, and the Hopper wagon can take grain. Not to mention, the hopper wagon has superior capacity in that field, making the silo wagon a useless purchase.
Both have same speed, and introduction date. Other has superior capacity. Which one you think players will use? Also, please don't omnislash, that is just annoying.
The livestock wagon(short) seems to be the one with the offset problem, I don't think you need a screenshot to notice when the loaded car is at least 2 pixels higher than the empty one. I've noticed it in the \ direction the very least.
and the colour scheme problem should be obvious, but it seems it was an industry set setting passengers as freight that was causing the problem.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Vemarkis wrote:
planetmaker wrote:
Both have same speed, and introduction date. Other has superior capacity. Which one you think players will use? Also, please don't omnislash, that is just annoying.
What's "omnislash"? My dictionary doesn't know that word.
I know something which is annoying, too: "something's wrong". Just as "all is wrong". Perceptions are different at times. If it's wrong for only one direction, that's important information, too. Or we might check one and go with, "oh, it's all fine. what does the guy want?".
The livestock wagon(short) seems to be the one with the offset problem, I don't think you need a screenshot to notice when the loaded car is at least 2 pixels higher than the empty one. I've noticed it in the \ direction the very least.
and the colour scheme problem should be obvious, but it seems it was an industry set setting passengers as freight that was causing the problem.
Aha. Please post a screenshot of the grflist from ingame from where you noticed these things.
Vemarkis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vemarkis »

To omnislash is to cut somebodys post into smaller pieces, and responding to each separately. And I did say the livestock wagon had wrong alignment, and since I didn't know if any other wagon had that problem I had to say "some", but I did refer to the livestock wagon in specific.
and I already know which grf was causing the colour scheme problem, its "expert industries set".
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Vemarkis wrote:To omnislash is to cut somebodys post into smaller pieces, and responding to each separately.
Noted. But I won't obey. I think it's good practice to directly answer the issues addressed. It avoids confusion to what part a statement relates.
and I already know which grf was causing the colour scheme problem, its "expert industries set".
Mainly I'm interested in: which version of the 2cc train set did you use? A screenshot would tell us that unambigously.
Vemarkis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vemarkis »

1.0.1 would be the version. And if you have a problem with trusting my bug reports, you should know even screenshots can be manipulated. Just cause I get something wrong cause I missed a detail, it doesn't mean everything I say is wrong. I'm bouncing between 5 different development projects of my own, do you really think I have the time to exhaustively bug test for another grf messing up the result of my bug report, or test every single direction with every wagon, and take screenshots, and then finally crop them so I can meet your demands? Granted I'm bound to make a false alarm once or twice cause I'm busy, but false bug reports happen to every game/mod, it doesn't mean you need to start distrusting your players.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Your last posting was the first which mentioned the version, you know; it's got nothing to do with mistrust. And if you're so much involved into other projects as you claim, you should then know what comprises a good bug report and what distinguishes it from a bad one. If not... see my signature. EOD
ignasigh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ignasigh »

Awesome mod, I only miss more trains in the maglev era :)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

ignasigh wrote:I only miss more trains in the maglev era :)
Make a list of maglevs of the world not in the set and maybe they can be included :wink:
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Bandetta wrote:Hi guys,

it seems to me like the parameter for purchasing / running costs only works if starting a new game. My question is, if i want to play a scenario with the 2cc trains, but reduce the prices, what can i do?
I tested (fooled around with :)) the parameters of the cost and the regions, and the region-restrictions work when loading a pre-made scenario, that uses the GRF and parameters. But prices are uneffected, unless i set the stuff in the main menu, and start a new random game.

So am i missing something or is there no way to change prices for scenarios?

First of all, no, you cant change the prices if a game is started. This is because the basic cost can only be modified when a new game is started.

For yhe other question...
the same goes pretty much here. You need to set the availability of engines, and the economy BEFORE you make the scenario :)

edit:
fixed the short livestock bug in r199
Member of the
ImageImage
ignasigh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ignasigh »

FooBar wrote:
ignasigh wrote:I only miss more trains in the maglev era :)
Make a list of maglevs of the world not in the set and maybe they can be included :wink:
LOL! Yes there's not but there's one open topic that "suggests" the next trains from the 2011 to 2050 (based on scheduled releases). Maybe we can asume them as maglevs?

It's for having more variety (which is great) in the game....and for that the maglevs starting year must be lowered too!
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

I made a decision once, that _when_ the open-guys make it so that the maglev tracks can be insanely expensive, then will some maglevs be added. And as ive understood is this in the grinder somewhere ... "newtracks" or something like that :)
Member of the
ImageImage
LaSeandre
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by LaSeandre »

In case you don't know, there's a bug with the DLR, its running costs are 10x everything else's.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Glad to see this set is still in development with me less around.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Graphics Development”