Webmaster

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

NukeBuster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Webmaster

Post by NukeBuster »

Nice to hear from you Steve :)

And Lilman, I have been in contact with Steve a short while ago. Thats how I know what the status was.

I'm eager to see the new website online.
NukeBuster

Transport Empire: The Transport Empire Linux effort
Join the Transport Empire IRC channel: [url]irc://irc.oftc.net/transportempire[/url] !

OpenTTD patch(es): Password at join
ohlidalp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ohlidalp »

Webpage is up and running!

It's at tempire.zernebok.net (Orudge's server). I'll get steve to redirect the transportempire.com domain there too.

Right now there's not too much to see there. I'm open for any ideas, contributions or constructive criticisms regarding the content. Really, if you have anything to make the site better, just drop me a line, I'll be around.

Also, I'd be glad if someone makes a better skin for it. I'm not too hapy with the current one (though I made it :| ). Just graphics would do, i'd do the coding, since skinning wiki is not a fun thing to do.

I hope this helps the project.

Edit: Almost forgot, there is also a web interface for publishing downloads at http://tempire.zernebok.net/extplorer. Right now, only Uzurpator has acces to it, but if anyone had anything to put there, just ask.

Also, if anyone wants wiki account, PM me the password you want, since you can't change it later.

Cheers!
An00biS
Rigs of Rods maintainer.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Nice work!
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Why does the logo say "TransportT Empire"? Not very good promotion if we can't spell out own name!
An00biS wrote:Also, if anyone wants wiki account, PM me the password you want, since you can't change it later.
Why? We should have a standard MediaWiki install, which includes this type of thing, should we not? And if the public can't edit without being able to sign up freely, how is this better than a static website?
ohlidalp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ohlidalp »

Steve wrote:"TransportT Empire"
OopsS! :oops: That's a biggest typo of them all, thanks for the notification!. Fixed now.
Steve wrote:...a standard MediaWiki install, which includes this type of thing, should we not? And if the public can't edit without being able to sign up freely, how is this better than a static website?
Unless I missed something, the mediawiki software does not allow it's user to change his password, see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWik ... assword.3F. As for the public registrations, I've disabled them because I'm only using the wiki as a cms and I want full control over user accounts. If somebody works on TE, then I'll give him a login if he asks. If he doesn't, then the forum is the place for him to publish.

An00biS

Well, I'm also not too experienced with administrating wiki, so I deny registrations to make my life easier
Rigs of Rods maintainer.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That section is entitled "How do I change a user's password?" Note the subtle difference between that and "How do I change my password?"
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Would be nice to see the old meeting logs transfered to the new website. As they are a monument of the old times. And if not more, telling people to not spend their time on making design documents in years. :-)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
ohlidalp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ohlidalp »

Website updates

Registrations
I unlocked the registrations for the webpage. Now it's finally a true wiki, where everybody can sign up and edit. Previously, the account creation was restricted to wiki admins because I wasn't familiar with wiki's revision contol (in other words, I was a n00b admin). Not true anymore.

Design Document
I moved the DD from steve's old dev wiki. I made no changes to it, everything is exactly how it was left there. It's a fact that the doc is quite an archive material at the moment, but I think Uzurpator can update it to match the current development. Old wiki doesn't work anymore and Steve told me before he was going to delete it anyway.
The link is in "Development" section.

IRC Logs
As Zuu suggested, I added the logs to the webpage. It's in "Development"->Archive

========
I've also got one request. Could anyone help me with the page's design? I'm not really happy with the current look (even though I made it - maybe that's the problem). If there's anybody around here who is skilled in webdesign (or just 2d graphics, I can do the CSS part) and is willing to help, please contact me.

~An00biS
Rigs of Rods maintainer.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”