Close Stations

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Snarrf
Engineer
Engineer

Close Stations

Post by Snarrf »

When making a tram setup most people seem to do things like this:

us==========su

This allows for the smallest number of stations with the largest area. If you are using CE/CE in 1900 might it be better to do this?

us=s=s=s=s=s=su

It allows for way more stations to pick up and drop off at. I know you won't get the cars moving fast but if you put enough of them on the track you might get more people picked up and dropped off which should spur city growth.

Is it picked up and dropped off that grows the city or # transported times distance?

thanks
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Close Stations

Post by Twiggy »

Good Idea. You probably should post it here or here.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Logistics_4_Fun
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logistics_4_Fun »

I got a question about close stations, with trains though. I am making a lot of my stations double to get 100% from my industries. They look exactly like the double stations look in the tutorial guide posted above. The problem I am having is building 4 lanes of track to and from my stations. I have 2 going in each direction to both stations and was wondering if there was a cheap way to merge those 4 tracks into just two. I want to merge tracks as close to my stations as possible to save money. Is there an easy way to do this with signals? I usually have to lay a lot of track in order to do a fly-over connection. This is still costing me too much money.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

You could just merge tracks on the level, though this can cause delays.

Instead you could have your track split approaching the industry and go through two ro-ro stations then re-merge at the other side.
Logistics_4_Fun
Engineer
Engineer

If I merge the tracks right away my trains might get confussed. I almost need a way point but I cant figure out where to put it. I will keep trying differant ideas and post back if I have any success with them.
Logistics_4_Fun
Engineer
Engineer

Its been a few weeks. I have been having the most success with Ro-Ro stations. They seem to be the most efficiant, but they can sometimes be hard to place. I place my stations double and close together like in the tutorial. With a Ro-Ro I can make a line with two one way tracks instead of four.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”