OpenTTD r15965M RCPP 2.0.0RC2

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD r15965M RCPP 2.0.0RC2

Post by Smoky555 »

Hi all :)

Our community is glad to announce a NEW, next release of Russian OpenTTD Community patchpack (2.0.0 RC2) build, based on r15965.

It includes the following patches:

Code: Select all

5 airports per town
Advanced terraform (Drag & Draw)
Buy area land
Channels UnderWater
Copy & Paste
Daylength
Diagonal leveling
Diesel smoke
Found town
Limit vehicle speed
Minimum distance
No aircrashes
Old tracks
Random road construction
Rating in town label
Real acceleration finetune
Russian TownNames Generator
Station build GUI
Traffic lights
Train middlestop
We need a testers to make finaly release of RCPP 2.0.0 :)

Sources are here
Patch-file here.
Attachments
openttd-2.0.0.RC2.rps.ZIP
RCPP 2.0.0 RC2
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 589 times
Last edited by Smoky555 on 14 Apr 2009 09:50, edited 2 times in total.
Russian OpenTTD Community patchpack (2.0.0RC2) (in Russian) , (in English)
pecX
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD r15965M RCPP 2.0.0RC2

Post by pecX »

wow!

will test it asap.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

W00t!!!
Most of my favourite patches AND MORE in ONE PACK!!!
Thanks a LOT! :mrgreen:
peebee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peebee »

It's a pity that compared to RPP 1.x some nice patches like timetable, paxdest and auto-seperation are missing. But still a great job!
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Smoky555 wrote: We need a testers to make finaly release of RCPP 2.0.0 :)
How to test? Without patch.... :roll:

Greets
Ammler
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

I see only binaries .... and for different operating system and different CPU architecture that I use.

Err..... where is the source? Or the patch?
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Bilbo wrote:I see only binaries .... and for different operating system and different CPU architecture that I use.

sources added in the first post
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

peebee wrote:It's a pity that compared to RPP 1.x some nice patches like timetable, paxdest and auto-seperation are missing. But still a great job!
I wan to tell you about some included and planned patches.
About included:
- it is 2 patches for terraforming with pressed Ctrl - Advanced Terraform and Diagonal leveling. To enable one or another look at Advanced Settings -> Construction -> Use [XXXXX] terraforming with the Ctrl key.
- Minimum distance - completely rewritten, is more faster then original. And more parameters to use this patch, look at Advanced Settings -> Construction -> Distance
- Rating in town label - completely rewritten, changed the palette for more readable townnames.
- Day length - added some small features :) such as TIME in game date and so on.
- Train middle stop - added option to disable this patch.

In final release of RCPP 2.0.0 we plan to add some more patches, like:
- Forbid rock terraform
- Tunnels under sea
- drive-through depots
and some else...

Please wait for final release ;)
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

The "Train Middle Stop" Patch isn't needed anymore as it's since it's implemented in a similar kind of way since r16037. If you'd update the pack to the latest version you'll notice.

I think it'd be better to release the patchpack not as a binary though, as this gives more people a chance to try it out.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

A few comments about the "Rating in town label" implementation. I think using arrays as you do is way faster than my function based implementation. Also I didn't knew that other palette colors could be used in the town name. In the next version of my patch I'll use these ideas :)

There's a bug, though. Since the original code of OpenTTD only updates the sign when there is population changes, sometimes the color won't appear updated or will only update a few bits of the sign. The fastest way to check for the bug is to build a bus station far from the center in a town that still doesn't have a rating. The solution is to add calls to UpdateTownVirtCoord everytime the town rating is changed: I already did that on my version so just have a look at it to know exactly where.

By way of thanks for the corrections, here's the diff file for src_15965_rcpp2.0.0rc2. The only change is that there was some end-of-line errors at npf.cpp that I had to solve to create the diff.

Edit: diff removed
Last edited by Terkhen on 14 Apr 2009 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Terkhen wrote:A few comments about the "Rating in town label" implementation. I think using arrays as you do is way faster than my function based implementation. Also I didn't knew that other palette colors could be used in the town name. In the next version of my patch I'll use these ideas :)

There's a bug, though. Since the original code of OpenTTD only updates the sign when there is population changes, sometimes the color won't appear updated or will only update a few bits of the sign. The fastest way to check for the bug is to build a bus station far from the center in a town that still doesn't have a rating. The solution is to add calls to UpdateTownVirtCoord everytime the town rating is changed: I already did that on my version so just have a look at it to know exactly where.

By way of thanks for the corrections, here's the diff file for src_15965_rcpp2.0.0rc2. The only change is that there was some end-of-line errors at npf.cpp that I had to solve to create the diff.
thanks, but this diff is not enough
Last edited by Smoky555 on 14 Apr 2009 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Toni Babelony wrote:The "Train Middle Stop" Patch isn't needed anymore as it's since it's implemented in a similar kind of way since r16037. If you'd update the pack to the latest version you'll notice.

I think it'd be better to release the patchpack not as a binary though, as this gives more people a chance to try it out.
this RC2 is based on 15965 ..
next RC or alpha/beta or final releases may be based on another trunk, may be ...
but now - only 15965 trunk
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Mmm... I don't know how to make svn diff check for unrevisioned files too, sorry. I deleted the incorrect diff.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Terkhen wrote:Mmm... I don't know how to make svn diff check for unrevisioned files too, sorry. I deleted the incorrect diff.
patch-file with all additional files
Attachments
RCPP_v2.0.0rc2_r15965.patch
(508.54 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Unrevisiond files

Post by planetmaker »

Terkhen wrote:Mmm... I don't know how to make svn diff check for unrevisioned files too, sorry. I deleted the incorrect diff.
You first have to make them known to the revision control system:
svn add <filename>

then the usual:
svn diff > patchfile.diff

This works exactly this way on a *nix command line. GUI tools have this options, too.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Thanks, planetmaker :)
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
I've compiled the source from the first posting on Ubuntu 8.10. I got some warnings while compiling. I'll try to translate (not word for word):

Code: Select all

[SRC] Compiling industry_cmd.cpp
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/industry_cmd.cpp: In function »bool IsSameCargos(IndustryType, IndustryType)«:
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/industry_cmd.cpp:1742: Warnung: Vergleich zwischen vorzeichenbehafteten und vorzeichenlosen Ganzzahlausdrücken
/*Warning: comparision between signed and unsigned integers*/
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/industry_cmd.cpp:1744: Warnung: Vergleich zwischen vorzeichenbehafteten und vorzeichenlosen Ganzzahlausdrücken
/*Warning: comparision between signed and unsigned integers*/
/*...*/
[SRC] Compiling terraform_gui.cpp
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/terraform_gui.cpp:223: Warnung: redundante Redeklaration von »void CcPlaySound1E(bool, TileIndex, uint32, uint32)« im selben Gültigkeitsbereich
/*Warning: redundant declaration of »void CcPlaySound1E(bool, TileIndex, uint32, uint32)« in same scope*/
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/gui.h:83: Warnung: vorherige Deklaration von »void CcPlaySound1E(bool, TileIndex, uint32, uint32)«
/*Warning: »void CcPlaySound1E(bool, TileIndex, uint32, uint32)« was declared before*/
/*...*/
[SRC] Compiling trafficlight.cpp
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/trafficlight.cpp: In function »void DrawTrafficLights(TileInfo*)«:
/home/auge/openttd-source/src_trunk_15965/src/trafficlight.cpp:277: Warnung: Variable »pal« wird nicht verwendet
/*Warning: variable »pal« will not be used*/
The setting "allow to buy area land in multiplayer" in the economy-field of the advanced settings is set to "on". I was not able to alter this setting.

Tschö, Auge
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

Smoky555 wrote:
Bilbo wrote:I see only binaries .... and for different operating system and different CPU architecture that I use.

sources added in the first post
Where is the offer for source? They don't even include the licence as they are supposed to.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The offer is not required when the sources are present.

The sources are still required to contain the license, though. EDIT: And they appear to so do. In a file named COPYING, no less.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
pecX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pecX »

hello!

after i applied the patch to a clean trunk version + compiled it, i get the message "cannot open copypaste.grf" at the starting screen.
Then the game quits.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”