Locomods.EU

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Locomods.EU

Post by strongbow »

As you might have noticed, me and Hodkowicz have recently launched our joint website, Locomods.EU. We took down our respective personal Locomotion pages and put all packs onto the new one. I'll be still keeping and possibly updating the AMI packs and any US/BR themed packs on AMITrains, although I haven't done anything new in half a year due to a lack of time and inspiration.

The Locomods.EU hosts the earthslopes and airport packs from Steve as well, as they are required / recommended for some of our mods and were unavailable elsewhere at the time we built the website. I have sent Steve a PM, but he doesn't seem to have read it or be on the forum recently. If there is a problem with the hosting of his packs due to the Locomotiondepot coming back online with Owen's help, I'll remove them asap. Although I'd be glad if there was more places to download these essential addons in case the Locomotiondepot goes offline again - for whatever reason.

Of course the website did cost us money, hosting + domain cost us cca. 28 Euro/year so if you enjoy our mods, help us get at least the invested money back. We're not begging for it as we launched the website out of our own free will to present our work in the way we wanted, but on the other hand, I don't think we'll keep it running for a long time if noone bothers. I lost some of my inspiration for Locomotion mods recently, due to various reasons I don't want to discuss here, so maybe time will show if there'll be any more.

To end on a positive note, go to the website, have a look around and try some of our mods. If you like them, let us know. :wink:
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Locomods.EU

Post by LocoMH »

Like your page. I just raised 2 € ;) I thought it's better than nothing and the page is really well structured and everything so it should get some support.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Thank you very much LocoMH! We appreciate the support. Stupid me forgot to realise that PayPal is taking a fee on donations, so we get 1.58 Eur from the donated 2 Eur. There is a calculator available here, so you can see how much we actually get from the money you send. The fee amount is not linear though, so I can't estimate how much we need including the fees. I'll be updating the website with the current total.

Thank you and as an added bonus - if you donate, let us know what vehicle you might want for any of the available packs of ours. I'm not promising to build it, but I (or Hodkowicz) might fall in love with it and build it eventually. Of course, it should fit some of the current packs on Locomods.EU - I'm not personally interested for example in freight wagons and such.

Have a nice sunday!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I was really looking forward to some Czech Manure Waggons. Ashame...

The site it just as sexy as the beta was. Great work.....

My offer of some Eurostock for the site still hold. For the same reasons you don't mention, I am looking for new homes for some stock..
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

I really love you site (and your work of course :mrgreen: )

Keep up the good work.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

My offer of some Eurostock for the site still hold. For the same reasons you don't mention, I am looking for new homes for some stock..
I've been talking to Hod about it and we'll gladly accept your offer. :) I'll have that Austin DMU for you ready soon as well, so we can exchange models. :wink:
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Looks like a cool site.
theatre_sniper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by theatre_sniper »

Nice site, it is now on my favorites toolbar.
kouta86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kouta86 »

I have just donated 5 euro to the site
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

Thank you very much man...
i8thefat1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by i8thefat1 »

awesome ill go
You got a problem?
i8thefat1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by i8thefat1 »

website looking good
y cant i delete this? and i made these posts before i figured out how to edit
Last edited by i8thefat1 on 16 Apr 2009 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
You got a problem?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Just a pointer, don't double-post. Just edit your first post if you have more to add. Looking at what you've posted so far on these forums I doubt you'll care anyway though ...........
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Yep, two posts to post six words is not especially impressive!
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

more on topic, i too noticed the "oceania trains, coming soon" and considering that the only ones i see are the Xplorer and the XPT, wouldnt it be more accurately named "CountryLink trains"? also were you thinking of doing the old liveries for these trains. if you did just a suggestion that you could make the old liveries become obselete when the new ones become available...b
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

The XPT and XPL are the only trains in that picture, but they may not be the only ones in the set. In any case, we'll have to wait and see!
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

I'm not sure what Hod is doing as he's reinstalling his PC right now, but if it was just those two trains in the set, it would've been already released, wouldn't it? :wink:
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

noofnoof wrote:more on topic, i too noticed the "oceania trains, coming soon" and considering that the only ones i see are the Xplorer and the XPT, wouldnt it be more accurately named "CountryLink trains"? also were you thinking of doing the old liveries for these trains. if you did just a suggestion that you could make the old liveries become obselete when the new ones become available...b
It doesn't matter whether it bears this name or that, but what does matter is contents and that is the Xplorer and the XPT in all liveries (they are obsolete as you said) for v1.0. For upcoming versions i'm planning several aussie and kiwi trains...so, that's why i have named this set Oceania Trains... ;-)
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

It'll be good to see some Kiwi trains in there!
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Alexbutner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alexbutner »

I really like the work put into the locomotion mods. My favorite would have to be the Historic Berlin Subway pack with the subway station. I will continue to play with the EZ and V3 Subwat as they are entertaining to watch.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”