New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CryingCorvus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by CryingCorvus »

trainboy2004 wrote:How much smaller in %?
Try 20% smaller
this means maybe the 80% of size should fit or 75%
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Dabas wrote:I can't say in %, but the Siemens Combino or whatever it is is not much wider then tracks, so it should by more narrow. Length seem ok, each articulated part should be not longer than half a tile long, and yours are a little longer than that. And if it is a Siemens Combino, could you make it also in Poznań MPK configuration/livery?
It's a Siemens, but not a Combino, it's an Ultra Low Floor Vienna.

Indeed the rails are a good reference point: (Camera coordinates: X=2000, Z= 1160 FOV= 45 deg)
Attachments
test
test
tram.jpg (134.45 KiB) Viewed 687 times
=SLJ=DownEast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by =SLJ=DownEast »

Habell,

I found an issue with the Wood Truck. In its south-east direction, while loading, it shifts. This is due to the Loaded Truck being longer then the unloaded truck.
Attachments
Wood Truck shifts while loading..
Wood Truck shifts while loading..
WoodTruck Issue.png (121.88 KiB) Viewed 6104 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:added textures to the construction state of the oil-long thingy (2082)

not sure what color i will give the construction supports yet...., they are black now because they were in the original sprite....

EDIT:

also made the completed sprite (2083)

TODO: add a oil-shaped logo on the top ring (like a refinery company logo if you please)

QUESTION:
are the refineries blue only or are there any color overlays?
Your model is very good, but It is too small. The companny colors is well (the white company color fails in all sprites). This is a preview:
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
previewOilRefinery.jpg (101.28 KiB) Viewed 6103 times
Last edited by maquinista on 11 Mar 2009 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

maquinista wrote:
ZxBiohazardZx wrote:added textures to the construction state of the oil-long thingy (2082)

not sure what color i will give the construction supports yet...., they are black now because they were in the original sprite....

EDIT:

also made the completed sprite (2083)

TODO: add a oil-shaped logo on the top ring (like a refinery company logo if you please)

QUESTION:
are the refineries blue only or are there any color overlays?
Your model is very good, but It is too small. The companny colors is well (the white company color fails in all sprites). This is a preview:

how much bigger do you want the refinery to be? 2x size?

EDIT: made it bigger now:)

the black thing on construction stage doesnt look supergreat, im workign on that now
Attachments
Bigger Oil Long Completed stage.png
Bigger Oil Long Completed stage.png (93.54 KiB) Viewed 5980 times
Bigger Oil Long construction stage.png
Bigger Oil Long construction stage.png (110.88 KiB) Viewed 5962 times
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

=SLJ=DownEast wrote:Habell,

I found an issue with the Wood Truck. In its south-east direction, while loading, it shifts. This is due to the Loaded Truck being longer then the unloaded truck.
I noticed this problem too.
But because CryingCorvus is update his sprites for a better overlay for company colors, I'll wait untill he has updated his wood trucks. All other trucks I've newly encoded, where done with an other way of doing it, thus this jumping of truck should be over in those files ;)
Just wait, it will be taken care of :D
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

A while ago I created some models for a cosmetic rail mod for Simcity 4. A test render with all possible objects for OTTD:
Attachments
to.png
to.png (26.2 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Hey guys,
Here's just a preview of the Monorail tunnel entrance. Ignore the grass as it will be replaced with standard grass.
Preview, Comments?
Preview, Comments?
MonorailTunnel.png (202.03 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
All comments welcome.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

j0rdax wrote:Hey guys,
Here's just a preview of the Monorail tunnel entrance. Ignore the grass as it will be replaced with standard grass.
MonorailTunnel.png
All comments welcome.

looking good, but the bottem doesnt seem right to me, i like the circular tube tunnel, but in my opinion:

1) Monorail tunnels can be either more futoristic (more square, concreteish as in one of those renewal sets)
2) or they are more old-school as in metro

3) the gutter from the monorail should continue into the tunnel, and thus the tunnel bottem ring shouldnt be closed as it is now... (hope you understand what i mean...)
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have used mask files with all the CC entries. I have done it with GIMP, and it looks better when the CC is white.
Attachments
OilRefinery.tar
Oil refinery.
(203.5 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Preview.
Preview.
refinery.JPEG (108.12 KiB) Viewed 5557 times
Mask file used.
Mask file used.
2083_z0m.png (4.34 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

You know that you may always remodel the tanks to make them one styles (take a look at the ladders for example) for I've lost the blend files
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:looking good, but the bottem doesnt seem right to me, i like the circular tube tunnel, but in my opinion:
1) Monorail tunnels can be either more futoristic (more square, concreteish as in one of those renewal sets)
2) or they are more old-school as in metro
3) the gutter from the monorail should continue into the tunnel, and thus the tunnel bottem ring shouldnt be closed as it is now... (hope you understand what i mean...)
Yeah I understand. I just try to keep my stuff as close to the original as possible. I am still working on the textures though.
http://wiki.openttd.org/wiki/index.php/ ... raphics%29
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

LordAzamath wrote:You know that you may always remodel the tanks to make them one styles (take a look at the ladders for example) for I've lost the blend files
i might give them a go later, i will try other oil refinery bits as well...
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

LordAzamath wrote:You know that you may always remodel the tanks to make them one styles (take a look at the ladders for example) for I've lost the blend files
Ok, I have moved it here:
http://wiki.openttd.org/wiki/index.php/ ... _Buildings
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Good good :D As I might not be modeling anything at all for some time (hint: it wasn't the only blend file I lost)
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

Hey guys,
In case you miss it I'd like to point you towards this thread where Jupix has put up a central repository for .blend files and textures so you don't have to trawl through 200 page threads any more:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=42293

Please give it a try and use it for your own creations.

Thanks
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I will code the monorail sprites.

Also, I have modeled the tubular bridge in Total Bridge Renewal Set (link to wiki). This is only a GIMP mockup with the model over the girder bridge.

I have modeled it with Blender, and adding some torus. It is in a early stage. The entrances are the same of the girder bridge. The sprites 0 and 1 can be modeled using this sprite.
Attachments
Mockup.
Mockup.
puente_tubo.JPEG (284.54 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Modeled sprite
Modeled sprite
tubular_bridge.PNG (36.18 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

looks good, but remove the pointy ends on the final rings, makes it looks more smooth, but overall its good job:)
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

I've coded CryingCorvus iron ore, grain and rubber trucks

Have fun!
Attachments
CryingCorvus_ironore_grain_rubber_trucks.tar
CryingCorvus iron ore, grain and rubber trucks
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 818 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

i have decided that i will go build the whole oil refinery this week, expect most of it to be done monday, tuesday, thursday and friday, 1 day miracles:)

Return to “Graphics Development”