OpenTTD 0.7.0-beta1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 0.7.0-beta1

Post by dihedral »

you do know that the screenshot command has some parameters you could pass on to it:

Code: Select all

] help screenshot
- Create a screenshot of the game. Usage: 'screenshot [big | no_con]'
- 'big' makes a screenshot of the whole map, 'no_con' hides the console to create the screenshot
i am assuming no_con would be helpful here if you must use the console command ;-)
or move the window in such a way that it is not covered by the console when you press enter after typing in the command :-P
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

I have a dedicated windows server running, with min_players = 1 in openttd.cfg. However, the server does not autopause when there are no clients connected. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?
Beer equals power
Mega:Map Creator!!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mega:Map Creator!! »

does the server has its own company?, maybe it counts itself as #1
if you: reset_company 1 does it still not pause unpause?

:wink: Mega
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

Mega:Map Creator!! wrote:does the server has its own company?, maybe it counts itself as #1
if you: reset_company 1 does it still not pause unpause?

No it doesn't. But to make sure I tried setting min_players to 2, but still the server wouldn't autopause...
Beer equals power
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Are you sure you change the correct openttd.cfg? Probably you are, but there is a chance of that since there can be many openttd.cfg files, but only one is the correct one.

Else I don't have much to come with, as I'm inexperienced with running OpenTTD servers.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

The setting name has changed to min_active_clients, or something like that.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Engineer
Engineer

min_players works fine for me.

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Mega:Map Creator!! wrote:min_players works fine for me.

In 0.7.0-beta1 and recent nighties it won't work as config file setting. (in the console it's an alias for min_active_clients).

So as petern already said, it's min_active_clients now.
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

peter1138 wrote:The setting name has changed to min_active_clients, or something like that.
I'll try that tonight, thanks :)
Beer equals power
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

mega: dedicated servers have no own companies!!!! and companies are no players! and spectators are not taking into account on that check!
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

Grolsch wrote:
peter1138 wrote:The setting name has changed to min_active_clients, or something like that.
I'll try that tonight, thanks :)
Tried it and it works :bow:
Beer equals power
Engineer
Engineer

Another Question:

The online content, when ECS factors are avialable shouldnt the TTRS be available to?, or should i build towns with ecs towns factor active?
same for 2cc set isn't the metro tracks grf needed for this?

@dihedral: i'm not completely useless, u can always use me as a bad example :lol:

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Mega: It is up to the individual authors if they want to add their GRFs to the content system or not. The devs of OpenTTD only provides the infrastructure (the content system).
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

Mega:Map Creator!! wrote:@dihedral: i'm not completely useless, u can always use me as a bad example
thank you for seeing this with a pinch of humor ;-)
Engineer
Engineer

dihedral wrote:
Mega:Map Creator!! wrote:@dihedral: i'm not completely useless, u can always use me as a bad example
thank you for seeing this with a pinch of humor ;-)
We need someone to keep us all sharp and on our toes!

Lmacario
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lmacario »

Hi! I can play a scenario or saved game but when i try to start a new game it always crashes. What can be wrong?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Using freeform edges with the original map generator. To work around this either disable freeform edges or use the terragenisis map generator. It's already fixed in the nightlies and thus also be fixed in the next beta.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

hi all i was realy happy that there was going to be Cargo (including pax) destinations in 7 but now there well not be ;( is Cargo destinations ever going to be in trunk that and Infrastructure Sharing becuse i think there be the best to part for this game to work and it will be my dream to see them working togiver
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

2007Alain2007 wrote:hi all i was realy happy that there was going to be Cargo (including pax) destinations in 7 but now there well not be ;( is Cargo destinations ever going to be in trunk that and Infrastructure Sharing becuse i think there be the best to part for this game to work and it will be my dream to see them working togiver
It all depends on when they get ready for inclusion. Which in term depends on efforts on individuals that may decide to put time into these two projects. Tried the IS patch on #openttdcoop dev server yesterday and worked well then. Swallow have made some work on it lately (I am sorry I don't know exactly how big his role has been in the IS project). But maturing code takes time and big efforts.

Personally I think IS or Cargo dest will find its way into trunk within the next years but that is my personal guess that those two projects are wanted by enough many people that there will come up people willing to spend time on them, despite the large amount of time that has been spent on them so far, and the size of the both projects. If many people have interest in the project then there is a bigger chance that one or a few of them have the time and knowledge to work on it. I don't believe that much in the popularity effects, but rather that with many intrested the chance of someone with time, skills and motivation gets interested is higher.
ProDigit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ProDigit »

Just a small suggestion for improvement:

When entering the scenario editor, I noted one has no button to change the mapsize (amount of squares).
In order for me to create a scenario, I need to go via 'new game', set the mapsize, go back and enter the scenario Editor.

I might assume that it would be better to have the 'scenario Editor'-knob somewhere in the 'New Game' menu.
That way you could choose what kind of plants, landscape, and industries etc are autogenerated.

It would also be nice to see a preview of the land, before entering it. Like, the computer autogenerates the land, and if it looks good you can begin, but if eg: there's too much sea, too hilly, too few industries or so, that one could generate another preview/land.

I got the idea of the game 'Worms', where one can see a preview before actually playing/editing the landscape.

Thanks!

PS: anyone knows anything about the 32bit color version of OpenTTD? (Like the nicer looking buildings etc...) When that one will become available? I'm still running openTTD with the original graphics.

Return to “General OpenTTD”