Where are the (missing) library functions?

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Pearnamer
Engineer
Engineer

Where are the (missing) library functions?

Post by Pearnamer »

I've been playing OpenTTD off and on for a bit now, and just saw the note about NoAI being merged into the trunk, so I thought I'd try it.

Alas, neither of the AIs I tried (AdmiralAI and ConvoyAI) worked, because they expect the common pathfinding libraries to exist somewhere in my install of OpenTTD.

I grabbed the OS X nightly (15141), the Windows nightly (XP 15141), and the trunk (SVN 15148, built on OS X) and didn't see the ai/library files anywhere. I went wandering through the trunk source tree and didn't see them there either (although I have been known to suffer from refrigerator blindness, so it could be right in front of me.)

I saw references in the forum to the same problems I've got (such at AdmiralAI not working in Debian: ) viewtopic.php?p=757059#p757059
although in my case, OpenTTD at least created (an empty) directory in ~/Documents/OpenTTD/content_download/ai/library/

The wiki page on AI:Library talks about the directory structure I should expect to see, but I don't see anything of the sort. Is there an additional URL that I should be using to gather the AI Library files for my installation? Are these files not in the trunk distribution? I'm not sure if this is a bug (and should be reported), or my ignorance showing.

I realize this is my first foray into nightly builds of OpenTTD and I'm probably missing something obvious, but I hope that this post will help other folks who run into this problem.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Where are the (missing) library functions?

Post by Zuu »

Recently the libraries have been removed from the standard distirbution. Instead you have to download them using the very new (still WIP) content server. In your main menu click on the lower left button and there you can both download AIs and AILibraries as well as other content.

The content server as I sad is very new, it just hit trunk less than 48 hours ago. So not much of the documentation is updated and we probably will see enhancements to the content downloading for some time now before it is really 'ready' and also it will take time before all wiki pages get updated.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Pearnamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pearnamer »

Excellent. I totally overlooked the new button in the menu screen for the content system. It works as promised, and now I'm getting stomped by smarter NoAI's than the default one.
Cannon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cannon »

I found library required for some ai here:

http://devs.openttd.org/~Yexo/ai_libraries/
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Cannon wrote:I found library required for some ai here:

http://devs.openttd.org/~Yexo/ai_libraries/
Yes, that's a temporary location where you can download the libraries for those without access to the content server.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”