cant build stations

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zero-hour
Engineer
Engineer

cant build stations

Post by Zero-hour »

Hello, i'm new to these forums. I have just downloaded Open-TTD because i always have been a big fan of TTD.

Anyways, i play TTD on Ubuntu and have quite a problem.
After downloading i added the given files (the ones that needed to be added), then i opened the program, no problems this far. But when i wanted to play i could basically do anything but building stations. I could elevate, cut trees, build roads, build party-HQ, anything except for anything but railroads, airports or any other station.
So, is there any way i can solve this problem? Cause i really have no clue whatsoever.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: cant build stations

Post by Lakie »

OpenTTD isn't TTDpatch, but the answer is mostly likely that you have started the game before vehicles are available for railroads, try getting some newgrfs if you are playing pre-1950 in TTD.
(Also moved to the OpenTTD section).

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
zum_haha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zum_haha »

What if you join a multiplayer game and everyone has trains...

I joined a company with trains and stuff but I just cant build a station.. Tried multiple multiplayer maps...

Have no problems when playing my own map...

And the problem is that I can select a station, but then to place it on a tile, doesnt work.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

zum_haha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zum_haha »

?

I play this game since 1995... Since I was a young boy. I know how to play.

I rather think its a patch setting which disables my ability to build stations. But its not like I set it off.. I think there are conflicting patch settings.

My little brother on the other PC can build stations in the same map.

Note: I am not placing the station on a water tile.. just on plain flat landscape...
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Compare the openttd.cfg files with each other to see where the conflict is.

The only setting I can think of is the selection of which type of trains to build. To check, don't simply click on the rail-build icon, but click and hold. You'll get a drop-down menu. Select one that is enabled.
(Maybe the default selection is not enabled, and a simple click then does nothing)
zum_haha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zum_haha »

THats not the problem. I can select a station and choose 4x4 for example or drag but then when I click anywhere in the map to place it. It gives the error message "cant build a station here."
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

I also can't build stations in multiplayer games. This is using the current stable of course.
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

Since the obvious answers were already given, there is probably not much we can do unless someone who has that problem uploads a savegame together with a step-by-step description how to reproduce the issue.
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”