Where there's muck, there's money - South Yorkshire

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
sootynz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Where there's muck, there's money - South Yorkshire

Post by sootynz »

A large scale map of South Yorkshire, England, from Wakefield to Sheffield using the Basic and Wood vector industries of the ECS. You must load these two grfs. Total Town Replacement grf is also recommended. You must use an OpenTTD nightly later than 13883 and, unfortunately, the stable version 0.6.3 will give an error message.

The whole area is only some 55 km (35 miles) square, on a 510 x 510 sized map, so each tile is about 100 m. Its centred on BARNSLEY, a thriving metropolis and giant killers of the 2008 FA cup. (1st prize in a travel competition is a week's holiday in Barnsley, 2nd prize, 2 weeks)

The location of the towns are approximately correct, but apart from a few, I havent checked to see if they should have been placed on a valley floor or on the side of a hill. Apart from the major towns, all the others have been generated with smallish populations. There are many small villages and mining towns in the area, too many to put all of them in the scenario. Please accept my apologies if I've missed an important one out. Huddersfield and Doncaster have been moved a little East and West respectively to fit them on the map.

Some of the industries have been located correctly, others to make an interesting game. There are two gold mines, but as far as I know Gold hasnt been discovered in real life - yet. There are no rivers or seas.

The game starts in 1930 with coal mines, long before Margaret had a go at them.

Your objective is to build a transport network that transforms Barnsley into the major city of the area, if not Britain. (Grimethorpe is an acceptable alternative)
Attachments
SYorks_map.png
SYorks_map.png (118.15 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
barnsley512v6.scn
(131.85 KiB) Downloaded 1494 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”