You can have 65535 types of vehicles to choose since r12924!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

cnww
Engineer
Engineer

Re: You can have 65535 types of vehicles to choose since r12924!

Post by cnww »

Having gotten tired of waiting for somebody else to do it I spent the last few hours reading up on GRF files and have modified the origengs.grf with grfcodec in an effort to make the vehicles usable.

The GRF copies vehicles by modifying one property each for each original vehicle. The grf I started with (downloaded from the first post in this thread) sets property 07 (load amount) to zero, making all the original vehicles available but carry no cargo (or in the case of aircraft, no passengers).

I had to set at least one property per vehicle to get the copies to appear, so the attached (I hope) grf does the following:

Trains - Set property 25 (user bitmask) to zero.

Road Vehicles - Set property 1C (misc flags) to zero (so none of the original road vehicles can be a tram or use two company colors)

Ships - Set property 17 (misc flags) to zero (so none of the original ships can use two company colors either)

Aircraft - Set property 17 (misc flags) to zero (so none of the original aircraft can be seaplanes... Has anyone ever actually seen a GRF that includes a seaplane?)

n.b. I don't have TTDPATCH or a Windows/DOS machine to run it on, so there is a good chance that this only works with OpenTTD. Tested with SVN r14239. If you encounter any problems please feel free to fix them and post the results :)
Attachments
origengs.grf
Modified (fixed) GRF to add original vehicles alongside other sets.
(375 Bytes) Downloaded 536 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Nicely done!
cnww wrote:n.b. I don't have TTDPATCH or a Windows/DOS machine to run it on, so there is a good chance that this only works with OpenTTD.
I think there's no need for this to work in TTDPatch, since you can't have a large vehicle replacement set AND the original vehicles in there at the same time anyways.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

cnww wrote: n.b. I don't have TTDPATCH or a Windows/DOS machine to run it on, so there is a good chance that this only works with OpenTTD. Tested with SVN r14239. If you encounter any problems please feel free to fix them and post the results :)
You don't need windows/DOS to run TTDP.
WINE Is Not Emulator
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

cnww wrote:Having gotten tired of waiting for somebody else to do it I spent the last few hours reading up on GRF files and have modified the origengs.grf with grfcodec in an effort to make the vehicles usable.

The GRF copies vehicles by modifying one property each for each original vehicle. The grf I started with (downloaded from the first post in this thread) sets property 07 (load amount) to zero, making all the original vehicles available but carry no cargo (or in the case of aircraft, no passengers).

I had to set at least one property per vehicle to get the copies to appear, so the attached (I hope) grf does the following:

Trains - Set property 25 (user bitmask) to zero.

Road Vehicles - Set property 1C (misc flags) to zero (so none of the original road vehicles can be a tram or use two company colors)

Ships - Set property 17 (misc flags) to zero (so none of the original ships can use two company colors either)

Aircraft - Set property 17 (misc flags) to zero (so none of the original aircraft can be seaplanes... Has anyone ever actually seen a GRF that includes a seaplane?)

n.b. I don't have TTDPATCH or a Windows/DOS machine to run it on, so there is a good chance that this only works with OpenTTD. Tested with SVN r14239. If you encounter any problems please feel free to fix them and post the results :)
Thank you cnww, I've updated the first post with your fixed GRF :D
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

LordAzamath wrote:WINE Is Not Emulator
I think you're missing article there.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Digitalfox wrote:
Now, we have two locations with same file? You should only link to the post of the author, it might be, he will/need to update it again...

Greets
Ammler
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

DaleStan wrote:
LordAzamath wrote:WINE Is Not Emulator
I think you're missing article there.
Yep. I wanted to say Wine Is Not an Emulator, but failed miserably.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Ammler wrote:
Digitalfox wrote:
Now, we have two locations with same file? You should only link to the post of the author, it might be, he will/need to update it again...

Greets
Ammler
And if he erases it or accidentally a mod erases his post? :?
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

Does this change permit one to use wagons from one set on trains from another?
I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

TrueTenacity wrote:Does this change permit one to use wagons from one set on trains from another?
Yes, You can mix wagons of various trainsets.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

that's awesome...

I'm guessing it can't be enabled on an already running game?
I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

It can, actually, but expect some bugs, glitches and similar to crop up.
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

Oh lovely...

I'll give it a try tonight and let you know.... a few glitches here and there i can live with...

Besides, Bugs, Glitches and whatnot are part of the deal with using nightlies... although I've yet to encounter something.... aside from me crashing the game by doing something stupid...
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

Ok, I enabled the option, loaded the extra engine sets and then applied them...

It works wonderfully!

The only problem I have encountered so far was with my upgrading of the ISR patch which broke a few stations...

definitely lovely.... will put it to good use over the new week... i think a new game might be in order to appreciate the awesomeness....
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

TrueTenacity wrote:The only problem I have encountered so far was with my upgrading of the ISR patch which broke a few stations...
That has nothing to do with this feature.

Also, read the complete post when you download something new:
Warning: station IDs have changed, which makes ISR v0.8.0 incompatible with savegames made with previous versions. To update old savegames follow the instructions in the first post. Do not complain if you ignore this warning and your game crashes.
nightfever
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nightfever »

after installing the UK set, i still don't have the original maglev locos and waggons
i ONLY have siemens transrapid and mtrack coelacanth

i've looked for the option in the first post, and installed original engines, but still doesn't work
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

And you do have a nightly version and you do have the appropriate option enabled in the advanced settings?
nightfever
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nightfever »

FooBar wrote:And you do have a nightly version and you do have the appropriate option enabled in the advanced settings?
will i be able to load saved games after installing the nightly version?
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Usually, yes. It's newer version saves loading on older versions that won't work.
BlackKrystal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlackKrystal »

Hello

I read for 2 hours this topic, in ever directions, and i still don't understand how to do it work !

I'm not a newbie, but i've no config file, and no "patch option" (which must be only with TTDPatch, i think...)

I run with the 0.6.3, the latest stable.

So, where's the bug ?

Thx for response, i'm very excited thinking i can mix GRF set !

Return to “Graphics Development”