Crazy Production

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Hayman
Engineer
Engineer

Crazy Production

Post by Hayman »

OMG 936 tons of wood per month!!!! :shock:

And i used 40 yate's cargo ships to transport it!!!!LOL :o

I GOT 20k PER TURN!!!
Attachments
OMG 936 tons of wood per month!!!
OMG 936 tons of wood per month!!!
Screenshot_19.jpg (383.16 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Crazy Production

Post by Rob »

That's nice, but mine has even a bit more. :mrgreen:
Attachments
image001.png
image001.png (144.81 KiB) Viewed 4861 times
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Heh, amateurs!
Attachments
There's more where that came from n'all...
There's more where that came from n'all...
SCR7.png (475.91 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I find getting forests up to 1,000~ is fairly easy, not sure how JGR managed to get 2,000~ even with 98~% transported I can't get them any higher though. :(

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

This one might give you a clue as to one of my methods... ;)
Attachments
SCR8.png
SCR8.png (551.72 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Ah, I see, using a signcht, didn't even know that one existed. I assume industries won't go over 1000~ in stock TTD then?

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Lakie wrote:Ah, I see, using a signcht, didn't even know that one existed. I assume industries won't go over 1000~ in stock TTD then?

~ Lakie
Mine aren't altered, other than just being serviced perfectly. 8)
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Lakie wrote:Ah, I see, using a signcht, didn't even know that one existed. I assume industries won't go over 1000~ in stock TTD then?

~ Lakie
Indeed they won't. In stock TTD industries' maximums are:
768 or 864 (8x or 9x 96) for Wells
960 or 1080 / 1024 or 1152 (8x or 9x 120 / 128) for Coal Mine and Oil Rig
640 or 720 / 768 or 864 (8x or 9x 80 / 96) for Iron, Copper Mines, Farms
others somewhere inbetween those.
For forests there is an additional 10x prod_rate per month, so max. = either 1040 or 1120 (1x decreased from starting production (= 117) and then increased) or 1280 (2x decreased from starting production (= 117) and then increased.
jump2limits
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jump2limits »

wow,

how can that happennnn?

most industries give only 100 or so??
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Generally good servicing of an industry, having roughly 80% transported per month will increase the chances of the industry's production rising.
To get over 90% you will generally require 2 stations servicing the industry.

~ Lakie
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Lakie wrote:Generally good servicing of an industry, having roughly 80% transported per month will increase the chances of the industry's production rising.
Nah, not that strict. ;-)
Anything over 60% with default economy will double the chance of increase over decrease.
Of course quality transport = train not waiting over a month at the station, ideally picking up and going - industries really like that.
Lakie wrote:To get over 90% you will generally require 2 stations servicing the industry.
Wha?
You need one simple station being frequently visited by vehicles that go around or faster than 241 km/h (150mph), with town statue built in company's honour (will yield you over 90% transported).
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I'm pretty sure with TTDpatch >90% is only achievable with 2 stations, something to do with division of cargo between stations, and it keeping some back with only one station. I could be wrong though.

~ Lakie
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

TTD uses a different cargo distribution algorithm when there is only one station that accepts the cargo.

When you have only one station, it gets as many percents of the total cargo as its rating. If it has 60% rating, it will get 60% of the total cargo, and 40% goes to waste.

When there are more stations, it chooses the two with the best ratings, and distributes all the cargo between them according to the ratio of their ratings. So, if you have a station with 30% rating and another one with 20% rating, 60% of the cargo will go to the first and 40% will go to the second, even though they both have pretty poor ratings.

I don't understand why Chris Sawyer implemented it this way, it doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Nevertheless, if you have two stations, you can get all the cargo (or a little less because of rounding errors) no matter how poor the service is.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick

Return to “General TTDPatch”