how?

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
coxmattycox

how?

Post by coxmattycox »

HI again folks can some1 tell me if there is a way of making eg iron ore places and others to have lots of stock?
thanks
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

If you use TTDAlter, you can make the industries produce as much or as little as you want when you start a new game. If you use TTDX Editor (can't remember the URL right now, sorry), you can edit the production of industries in saved games.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

here it is
http://home19.inet.tele.dk/topcatdk/ttdx/
i played with it, it adds to your TTDalter
here you can change your ratings in the cities, so you can demolish whatever you want
you can remove all trees !
you can even demolish your HQ, haven't tried that
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

In the fairly near future, I will release the Transport Tycoon Deluxe Utility Pack, which contains the latest versions of TTDPatch, TTDAlter, TTDX Editor, Transport Tycoon Saved Game Manager, and maybe some other bits and pieces, all in one convienient package. There will also be an auto-update program, which checks the web site every month (or more/less frequent - you can decide) to see if there are any updates to the various programs, and lets you download and install them automatically. It may also have some sort of interface to the Ultimate Transport Tycoon Game Repository too - I'll see what happens. :)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

well if that could happen !
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I take it you'd like this then? :lol:
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

yep, now it's a bit like everyone is doing something , nothing's organized
so many utilities, forums
it was a big error of the makers of the game that they didn't make a website and made tools , utilities , add-ons
Zuchla

Post by Zuchla »

IMHO, the most needed is a graphics editor. We do have enough utilities now to do a lot more in the game, but the graphics need a little of refreshment.
Jan
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, GRFCodec will also be included in the Utility Pack, which lets you decode the TTD graphics and then encode them again later. Any image editor that supports PCX files can be used to modify the graphics though. Are you maybe thinking of an advanced editor where you can select what you want to edit (eg, "maglev train depot") from a list and then it automatically opens up with just that sprite and you can edit it?
Zuchla

Post by Zuchla »

This will be helpfull. I tought about something like the editor, or they call it "Architect", for the Simcity. More for the amateurs then graphics artists. Not to many of us can do a decent enough job. With constant set up for all the needed conversions, colors and scallings, because there most of the booboo's are made.
Jan
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hmm, new graphics are always welcome

But i think if you make some, then you should work like Michael Blunck
Just visit his webpage and be amazed 8O
http://www.patagonia.de.vu/ttd/newships.html

He works closely with Josef and Marcin (i guess) and then his work is then implemented in the patch so everyone can enjoy them

Or are you just thinking of doing some little refreshment stuff for yourself ?
Wouldn't this be useless if the next patch overwrites your work :?:
Zuchla

Post by Zuchla »

I did see those, got the latest beta. But, what I ment was if we can change the different tiles in the program, as was done in Jagged Alliance 2 or other games, like Simcity. If you can change the ships, then it will be a lot easier to change the landscape, bridges and hopefully the engines and the cars. Each of the graphics depends on your level of zoom and direction. This is what I was talking about. Make a simplified editor for rest of us. Not to calculate each of the zoom level or even know what setting for the color pallete has to be. In this game all the graphics is hard coded. So, you have to know setting for the graphics and not everybody know how to. With editor like I mentioned, more people will be allowed to do their own design and post the stuff on the web. For Josef can't be this a big deal to implement new tile set to choose from. He already changed the signals and now new ships is introduced. He know most of the game codes.
Jan
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

with tiles, do you mean the squares then ?
i think Josef hasn't got the time to make an editor

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”