Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12 -TTDpatch r1895 works

Post by thgergo »

Zephyris wrote:A while back LordAzamath got permission for me to use some of the graphics from this set for the OpenGFX graphics replacement project, unfortunately I cant remember which bridges he got permission for! Which graphics am I able to use?

Great set by the way :D
Ask the owners of graphics. Also all my graphics is yours to include to opengfx, but unfortunetly the set doesnt contain any bridge totally drawn by me.
You could include the big arch freely I think, Purno has stated all of his work can be included to openenttd replacements.(in the old openttd replacement gfx topic or something I remember)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12 -TTDpatch r1895 works

Post by Zephyris »

Lol, unfortunately that's what I thought you would say! Ill double check with the artists :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I don't know if you already have built this in, but could you guys built in support / compatibility for the Metro Tracks GRF which is available at the website of the 2cc Set, please? If necessary I can provide you my work-files.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

The problem is I havent made the compatibility detection work as it should, at the moment there are no supports yet. It depends on my free time, and ispiration,
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

What about a simple parameter, instead of automated detection?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Purno wrote:What about a simple parameter, instead of automated detection?
That would be implemented if everíthing fails, but after that I have failed to detect TTRS roads propery I gave up.
Also I had problems with simple parameters too, my OTTD stored their state, I couldnt set a parameter back to default ingame. Its frustrating.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

thgergo wrote:That would be implemented if everíthing fails, but after that I have failed to detect TTRS roads propery I gave up.
What problem are you having detecting TTRS? I added support for TTRS to the narrow gauge rails grf without problems. If you need assistance let me know. :)
thgergo wrote:Also I had problems with simple parameters too, my OTTD stored their state, I couldnt set a parameter back to default ingame. Its frustrating.
As there were no further replies in your other thread, I assumed you had solved this problem. Did you try the solution FooBar suggested?
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Thanks, for the help, I need to get to work my grf tools in my ubuntu linux too firstly... After that ill look into your, and Foobar`s codes, and cach the differencies between mine.
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

this is a interisting one:
first an other brige grf installed, by turing it of, Total Bridge Renewal Set was activated and made one impossible bride but is looks cool :P

I just felt like sharing that with u guys :P
Attachments
Ruben Bruins Transport, 27 Okt 1998.png
Ruben Bruins Transport, 27 Okt 1998.png (132.52 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

RSpeed tycoonfreak wrote:this is a interisting one:
first an other brige grf installed, by turing it of, Total Bridge Renewal Set was activated and made one impossible bride but is looks cool :P

I just felt like sharing that with u guys :P
Yeah I have tried that too when making this grf, looks like kindaa... wierd:D
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

I was just wondering it you could consider my idea for your set, to make it even better.

At the moment i have the TTRS (Total Town Renewal Set) on my game and your bridge set, but the problem is the TTRS roads don't match your roads on the bridges, i can overcome this by disabling your set and enabling to Bridges that come with TTRS. But then this means i can't use your lovely bridges on the Railway lines,

I was wondering could there be a Parameter created so that people could disable the road bridges but keep the railway bridges,

Course this is only an idea not a demand, just wondered if you thought of this before or maybe that you could include.

Thanks

Beardie27
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

An alternative is to disable the roads and bridges of TTRS and enable another road set that matches the default roadset quite well (ie, combined roadset) and you get the building of TTRS and the bridges of TBRS.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I thought there were plans to make this set compatible with other stuff though :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Chrill wrote:I thought there were plans to make this set compatible with other stuff though :wink:
Yeah but in the mean time ;)
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Ameecher wrote:
Chrill wrote:I thought there were plans to make this set compatible with other stuff though :wink:
Yeah but in the mean time ;)
Not too much time to do TTD stuff recently sorry, and the university just comes... But if you have inspiration you may replace the bridge surfaces, and post the modificed grf...
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

thgergo wrote:but if you have inspiration you may replace the bridge surfaces, and post the modificed grf...
Well, I've done that for myself (as you can see in my screenshots in the screenshot area); I replaced the standard roads with TTRS roads. I you like I could send that modified grf to you. Only the grf is the old TBRS, but I think at least some of the sprites are usable.

Kind regards,
Smaug
Life's like a play in a theatre,
Life's like a dream,
If life could be expressed in a sound,
It would sound like Dream Theater...
ImageImage
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have modified some sprites of Total Bridge Renewal Set to add support to the Narrow Gauge rails and high speed tracks by Sanchimaru (link for OTTD). I am not a experienced coder :cry: , and I can't add a new parameter in the GRF to switch between different tracks, but the modified GRF file contains the sprites for future releases. Also, It can be added other tracks.

The GRF file is only for testing because monorail or maglev tracks has been replaced. Also, there are some bridges without narrow gauge tracks.
Attachments
High speed by Sanchimaru
High speed by Sanchimaru
Flanhall Transport, 9 Nov 2009.png (73.31 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Narrow gauge by Cornelius.
Narrow gauge by Cornelius.
Flanhall Transport, 16 Nov 2009.png (75.96 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
total_bridges.grf
Remember that this file is only for preview, and It doesn't have maglev or monorail.
(456.07 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

How's support for the metro tracks?
Image Image
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Purno wrote:How's support for the metro tracks?
It would be needed four parameters:
1 Price and speeds.
2 Graphics in rail tracks (0 = default (rail), 1=narrow gauge 2 = metro, 3 = High speed...)
3 Graphics in monorail tracks (0 = default (monorail), 1=narrow gauge 2 = metro, 3 = High speed...)
4 Graphics in maglev tracks (0 = default (maglev), 1=narrow gauge 2 = metro, 3 = High speed...)
Attachments
Other screenshot with some trains.
Other screenshot with some trains.
puentes.png (103.42 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

I have seen auto detection is some GRF, wouldn't it be a better way?

Return to “Graphics Development”