Start to draw my own trains for TTD. Any knowledge of that?

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Cuirinus
Engineer
Engineer

Start to draw my own trains for TTD. Any knowledge of that?

Post by Cuirinus »

Hi! I'm new at this forum, but I have played TT(D) for more than half a decade. And I'm still playing now and then.

I've heard that there are some limitations to what you can edit, when it comes to size, but that's no problem for me.

I want to, for example draw the "Lok 2000" from ADTranz (runs in Switzerland, Norway, Finland). I also want to draw some other ones, like the NoHabs, maybe.

I have found out that the colors that change in the game, are the bluetones situated around the index of 200 in the palette. (In PSP7, that is on the fifth line from the bottom in the palette on the right.)

Well, that is all I have found out so far. Does anyone else know of any other things I should know before I start? It's kind of annoying when you have to start all over again.

Since it's very difficult to draw that small, I've thought of drawing it in a bigger scale, and then shrink it. Then I just have to correct the colors, so that they fit with the palette.

When it comes to implement the trains, I guess that will be something for the TTDPatch, and I wouldn't wonder if it's several months down the line.

- Øyvind Berg, Norway
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

You may want to speak to Michael Blunck on the newsgroup alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc - he created the new ship images.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

i think he has the most experience as he did the new ships
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”