Problems with 4 tracks stations: and more! :(

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

Problems with 4 tracks stations: and more! :(

Post by Vada »

:arrow: Well basically the problem is that the trains get stucked one before the other instead of chosing another route.
Take a look at the IMG for you to understand better:

I'm running the last version of the TTDPatch!
When I used to run the game over Win Me (without the patch) this problem did not happen!

:arrow: And one more problem:

When I set the orders for the trains: first "Full Load" and then "Unload", I choose the destination station (I ofcourse place it near the exact factory), when the trains arrives instead of "selling" the cargo it places it on the station and that's it.. The cargo stays there (i.e. "200 tons of wood in route from xxx place"). But if I do not check the "Unload" option this does not happen!
I think this is another bug of the TTDPatch! :wink:

The most austral user of the world
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

1. put double signals at the entrance of your station, if all is well, the first time a new train enters, your signals should change into 'automatic pre-signals', use question mark button to interrogate signals !
i dont know what your track on the right does, never used that , but i always put double signals before the station and single signals after the station en before the double signals (left side)
i hope this was not confusing !
2. you have feederservice switch on, don't force an unload
if the station accepts the cargo, it will unload automatically, if the station doesn't accept the cargo , then you have to force an unload, this way the cargo is en-route and can be picked up (forced load) by another transport vehicle to it's final destination
normally, the profit is shared then between both vehicles

i hope you are using the latest patch, because i am using version 1.8.2 alpha 7
there could be differences between older patches :wink:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, Spaceman Spiff here has your answers. :) You'll have me out of a job! ;)

Still, it's nice to see this place so active!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

orudge wrote:Well, Spaceman Spiff here has your answers. :) You'll have me out of a job! ;)

Still, it's nice to see this place so active!
i will leave the difficult ones for you then :D
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks

Post by Vada »

Thanks for helping me! :)

There should have more news or updates, because this "old" game is still alive.
I hope Chris make up his mind and release a newer version, with many bugs fixed and I would suggest: an online comunity (so as tu play through the web)

That will be great!

adam_trevorrow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adam_trevorrow »

spaceman spiff wrote:i dont know what your track on the right does, never used that , but i always put double signals before the station and single signals after the station en before the double signals (left side)
The track on the right looks to me like it's an overflow track. When all the platforms are full, the 5th train will take this track, do a big circle around the station and try for a free platform again instead of just going to the first platform it sees.
Pre-signals in TTD Patch have made these obsolete.

And a question to Vada: I see you have an XP style applied - have you installed XP Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Website? When I installed it, Style XP stoped working because it doesn't support the new version of XP. Right now I'm waiting for a new version of Style XP to come out.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

adam_trevorrow wrote: The track on the right looks to me like it's an overflow track. When all the platforms are full, the 5th train will take this track, do a big circle around the station and try for a free platform again instead of just going to the first platform it sees.
Pre-signals in TTD Patch have made these obsolete.
ok thanks, i had never seen this before, the picture got me confused, thanks to pre-signals we don't need this

off-topic now:
adam_trevorrow wrote: And a question to Vada: I see you have an XP style applied - have you installed XP Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Website? When I installed it, Style XP stoped working because it doesn't support the new version of XP. Right now I'm waiting for a new version of Style XP to come out.
do you know why i can't install the SP1 ? is it because i have a dutch version of XP ? if i want to download it , i get directed to the windows update screen and this doesn't find it ? i dare not install the english SP1
or is this the same for all languages ?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

spaceman spiff wrote: do you know why i can't install the SP1 ? is it because i have a dutch version of XP ?
It could be. Have you checked the Microsoft pages for your country? Also, is your version of XP legal? If you, er, used a pirated key, SP1 will refuse to install.
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

Original

Post by Vada »

I bought the game, so it's original! The version I have came in a grey case with 3 cd's (TTDLX, Railroad Tycoon, and Rollercoaster Tycoon), I bought it trough an UK On-Line store!

The version I have is for Win95 and to play it with Win XP I had to use the ttdpatch!

spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

orudge wrote:
spaceman spiff wrote: do you know why i can't install the SP1 ? is it because i have a dutch version of XP ?
It could be. Have you checked the Microsoft pages for your country? Also, is your version of XP legal? If you, er, used a pirated key, SP1 will refuse to install.
yep it's official
very funny story with XP
this is the site where it asks me to download it
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/ ... xpress.asp
then i go to the windows update screen and when i click on : look for updates it says no updates available
:( :( :(
i hate this , i think dutch servicepack is not ready yet , but how can i check this
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Original

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Vada wrote:I bought the game, so it's original! The version I have came in a grey case with 3 cd's (TTDLX, Railroad Tycoon, and Rollercoaster Tycoon), I bought it trough an UK On-Line store!

The version I have is for Win95 and to play it with Win XP I had to use the ttdpatch!
no one said that , the XP legal question was adressed to me and adam_trevorrow asked if you had downloaded the servicepack 1 :?:
why do you say that TTD is legal :?:
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

Ops!

Post by Vada »

I didn't understand the question. Well my XP it's not legal, and also I didn't download the service pack already. I'm using a 56k conection and I can't download such a big file!

I'll have to wait until the next release of XP! :cry:

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

If you have a friend with a fast connection, get him/her to download it and burn it to CD for you.

Also, you can, er, change the XP product key if you were using a pirated version. PM or e-mail me for details.
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

Xp running Fine

Post by Vada »

Well XP is running ok!. Since I use the grey style it never changed. I know some friends of mine wich chose the same style and after 2 or 3 shutdowns it went back to the original blue style.

My XP is in spanish, I really dunno if there is the update in that languaje. And also my XP is working great so I don't see any excuse to download the update.
I know it comes with many security bugs fixed, but I don't have such an important info on my disk so as to download it!
As I said before: I'll wait till the next version of XP to be released!

Note: If you want to know, I'm running Win Xp Proffesional!

(Sorry for the post of the TTD before, I did not read the entire post ;) Ops!)

spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Xp running Fine

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Vada wrote:(Sorry for the post of the TTD before, I did not read the entire post ;) Ops!)
no problems :wink: :wink:
FeedzH

You don't need 4 track station

Post by FeedzH »

You don,t need 4 track station. Mention that they are using only one station the trains are stupid. Put more signals on the track between the stations then U can let more trains thru.

If U have too many trains then build the other road. But not connected the other one. Again trains go crazy.

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”