OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - OpenGFX

Post by Zephyris »

Zephyris, and where is special vehicles by Andy :wink: ?
I'm planning to add some to all industries in the final release of newindustries, which we are (hopefully!) rapidly approaching...
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

May I suggeest a shape for one of the futuristic skyscrapers? :P
I hope u can do something with these :P The roofs are quite easily separatable I think.. Anyway, maybe u should give it a go :P..

:o I don't have windows there, so maybe the whole building should be made out of glass ;P
Attachments
jk.png
jk.png (28.56 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I like it! Are you in Blender? Could you render it with more energy in the ambient occlusion? or just post the .blend? I think I should be able to work directly on a suitable render...
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

I just rendered it to avoid making the lines myself :P So I think in the end, it still should be textured in the way u cope with the pixel drawn things. It's just major annoyance to get all the lines right there :P

BTW, it's inspired of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJRDZE5xW2Y
Attachments
futuristic_house_official_lighting.zip
(195.21 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

BTW, it's inspired of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJRDZE5xW2Y
This is ****ing crazy! Are they really building it?
Zutty
Director
Director

Post by Zutty »

Oooh, could there be some skyscrapers in OpenGFX+ maybe. Some properly big ones, with 2x2 bases. I like the look of some of the skyscrapers in sets like TTRS, but with 1x1 bases they just look rather thin and spindly IMHO. No offence intended to the artists. :)

It would be cool to see some super-tall buildings that are taller than the screen!
PathZilla - A networking AI - Now with tram support.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

It is possible to make that swirling one too I think... gonna need just horribly lot of sprites lol.. And the randomly choose what is shown where :P But not for openGFx+ I think.. And btw, over the screen.. It depends on resolution too u know :P
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Oooh, could there be some skyscrapers in OpenGFX+ maybe. Some properly big ones, with 2x2 bases.
I think you get graphical bugs if they are too tall, not sure though. It would be good though! Maybe we should feature request an additional town zone which could have buildings like that...
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Did some tweaking and converting... The colour isn't perfect, but its not bad!
Attachments
Modern Office Block 8bpp.png
Modern Office Block 8bpp.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 8650 times
previwe.png
previwe.png (20.2 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The construction stages (I mean, the way the building is built) looks very Toylandish to me. That is; Unrealistic.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

That REAL skyscraper will have the floors too made in a factory and then initialized to the building.. It doesn't mean that we have to do that :P Maybe the carcass of the cylinder first and then the carcass gets textured, and carcass of floors, nicely aligned not like in final.. And then the final..
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Isn't the idea of construction stages to somewhat view the real thing? The first 2 stages don't even look "under construction".
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

I feel it could be a bit brighter.
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raumkraut
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Raumkraut »

Given the previously defined scale, is each floor tall enough? They looked a little small to me.
Then again, I personally don't think a consistent scale of building is necessary. The inconsistent scale of the original graphics looked fine to me. :)
Purno wrote:Isn't the idea of construction stages to somewhat view the real thing? The first 2 stages don't even look "under construction".
Are we looking at the same sprites? Looks under construction to me. :P
Given more than two construction stages, I'm sure something more obviously constructing could be achieved, but AFAIK two stages is all we have. :|
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

The cylinder could be unfinished...maybe first stage could have 1/3 of the cylinder and the second could have 2/3 of the cylinder and 1/2 of the floors.
Last edited by CommanderZ on 13 Aug 2008 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Raumkraut wrote:Are we looking at the same sprites? Looks under construction to me. :P

I see no construction works here whatsoever.
Image Image
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Add something like a crane next to it or perhaps a ironframe that make up the base of the building might be a nice touch to add. :)

Something like this perhaps? :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

A crane would help. And I'd say do the windows in the last (completed) stage.
Image Image
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

And the printing works...

I think a set of generic cranes etc. for the construction stages would be good...
Attachments
Preview.png
Preview.png (33.68 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
Printing Works 8bpp.png
Printing Works 8bpp.png (10.21 KiB) Viewed 4519 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

And the water tower...
Attachments